Windows 10: NVMe SSD via PCIe not Booting Windows 10 64 Bit

Discus and support NVMe SSD via PCIe not Booting Windows 10 64 Bit in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I wish to replace my old HDD with an SSD so have bought an NVMe. It is this one: Seagate 512GB BarraCuda 510 SSD (Up to 3400MB/s, 3D TLC NAND,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by otronics, Jul 28, 2020.

1. otronics Win User

NVMe SSD via PCIe not Booting Windows 10 64 Bit

Hi.

I wish to replace my old HDD with an SSD so have bought an NVMe. It is this one: Seagate 512GB BarraCuda 510 SSD (Up to 3400MB/s, 3D TLC NAND, PCIe Gen3 x4, NVMe 1.3 Solid State Drive): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I have bought an adaptor card to go with it: SupaGeek M.2 SSD to PCIe Express 3.0 x4 Adapter Card, Supports M-Key M2 NGFF NVMe or AHCI SSDs 2280, 2260, 2242, 2230, Upgrades Desktop Solid State Drives: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

This has been fitted into the PCIe 3.0 slot and Windows 10 recognises it with no problems and I can use the drive.

However, I have cloned my HDD onto the new SSD using the Seagate Diskwizard but my PC will not boot from the new drive.

I have changed all available BIOS settings but it's the same error: "no bootable devices found".

Motherboard is this one: GA-H61M-S2PV (rev. 2.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global and I'm using the latest stable BIOS (FH).

Is my BIOS/motherboard too old perhaps?

I did try briefly using a freeware bootloader to no avail. Could this be the way to go if it gets setup properly?

Thanks.

:)

otronics, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Lance1 Win User

I think you have the card pluged into the PCIEX1 and your card is PCIEX4. plug it into the PCIEX16 slot and try again.

NVMe SSD via PCIe not Booting Windows 10 64 Bit [​IMG]

Lance1, Jul 29, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User

A question for clarification on the "Clover" bit. The link that you provided gives great detail on steps, but I'm not clear on what is actually being done.

Is a special driver being installed during a fresh Windows installation? Will that enable booting from an NVME device by itself, or will the system have to boot from a a USB drive ever after?

As regards motherboard swaps, I see that the B75 and H77 chipsets are from 2012, and discontinued. My favorite online retailer, Newegg, only has used or refurbished boards available from the US. (New ones are from China or Hong Kong.) I'd prefer something newer, although it's the usual slope: new CPU, new RAM.

I'll re-suggest that the OP should have simply gone to a SATA SSD. It would have been a significant upgrade, even with a 3Gbps SATA motherboard.

bobkn, Jul 29, 2020
  4. NVMe SSD via PCIe not Booting Windows 10 64 Bit

Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card.

Where do I put the new SSD during the NVMe to NVMe cloning process? My mobo only has one M.2 slot for NVMe SSD's so do I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2 cards? If so, do you have a recommendation?

If you have solved this issue for your desktop or laptop I would like your advice on if and what extra hardware you needed during the cloning.

please remember that I am dealing with PCIe NVMe drives ONLY. NO Sata is involved except possibly for a connecting cable from the desktop to an adapter. I am experienced with cloning SATA III drives but cloning NVMe is a little
    new to me.

Computer: Dell XPS 8920, 32GB ram.

Present SSD: KXG50ZNV512G NVMe Toshiba 512GB

New SSD: CT13049074 Crucial P1 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 1TB (or 2TB if available soon) or similar storage device.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1809.

Cbarnhorst, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. NVMe SSD via PCIe not Booting Windows 10 64 Bit - Similar Threads - NVMe SSD via

2. Windows 10 64 bit media tool install via USB is not booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 64 bit media tool install via USB is not booting: Hi, When I boot from USB containing windows 10 downloaded by microsoft media creation tool at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10, my laptop is not able to boot. After bios logo I see screen with dotted line and rectangle like below. What's wrong...
  3. Windows 10 pro 64 bit not booting

Windows 10 pro 64 bit not booting: I can't open, boot or reload Windows 10 to my computer. Since I don't have and OS anymore, telling me to use the Windows functions or downloading and app won't work. I need to be able to do something from the command prompt or the Asus Bios as this is all I have working. I...
  4. NVMe SSD via PCIe not Booting Windows 10 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Support
    NVMe SSD via PCIe not Booting Windows 10 64 Bit: Hi. I wish to replace my old HDD with an SSD so have bought an NVMe. It is this one: Seagate 512GB BarraCuda 510 SSD (Up to 3400MB/s, 3D TLC NAND, PCIe Gen3 x4, NVMe 1.3 Solid State Drive): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories I have bought an adaptor card to go with it:...
  5. Windows 10 32 bit and 64 bit dual booting

Windows 10 32 bit and 64 bit dual booting: So i have Windows 10 32 bit installed on my drive after i forgot to change the architecture in the Windows 10 upgrade installation on my Windows 7 64 bit. I have an another parition of my drive. So if possible can i dual boot Windows 10 32 bit and 64 bit, and can i use the...
  6. via Mac - Windows10 to 64 bit

via Mac - Windows10 to 64 bit: Hello, I need to upgrade Windows 10 from 32 bit to 64 bit. Only computer with internet access is a Mac. Any direction would be appreciated. Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/via-mac-windows10-to-64-bit/85a471c4-dbb8-4a7f-876b-30a116526d44
  7. Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?: I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card. The issue is what hardware to use to clone the old drive to the new one. My mobo has one M.2 slot for SSD's so I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2...
  8. Can I clone an SATA SSD boot drive onto an NVME PCIE drive?

Can I clone an SATA SSD boot drive onto an NVME PCIE drive?: I'm planning on building a new PC to replace my current one. My current boot drive is a Samsung 850 Pro SSD connected to an SATA port. My new configuration will have a Samsung 870 EVO PCIe SSD connected to an M.2 NVME slot on the motherboard. My plan was to restore a Macrium...
  9. VIA audio drivers for windows 10 64 bit

VIA audio drivers for windows 10 64 bit: HI All I have audio problem with my ASUS M4N68T-M LE V2 motherboard on windows 10 64 bit. ASUS do not have 64 bit drivers for windows 10,so I downloaded drivers of windows 7 64 bit and xp 64 bit and in administrator privileges I run these under appropriate compatibility...
  10. Dual boot Windows 10 32 bit and Windows 10 64 bit

Dual boot Windows 10 32 bit and Windows 10 64 bit: Hi I have win10 64 installed on my SSD and win10 32 bit on a HD. The SSD is GPT partitioned and the HD MBR. I can boot from the Windows boot loader in the BIOS into 64 bit windows on the SSD and, by selecting the appropriate HD in the BIOS into the 32 bit windows in the...