Windows 10: NVMe SSD with clean W11 install not being listed as a UEFI boot option, but it shows up in...

Discus and support NVMe SSD with clean W11 install not being listed as a UEFI boot option, but it shows up in... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My goal is to install and run W11 on my new M.2 SSD after making a variety of PC upgrades. Here's the sequence of events including all troubleshooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tara S114, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Tara S114 Win User

NVMe SSD with clean W11 install not being listed as a UEFI boot option, but it shows up in...

My goal is to install and run W11 on my new M.2 SSD after making a variety of PC upgrades. Here's the sequence of events including all troubleshooting steps taken so far:- Made sure I was grounded the whole time.- Upgraded motherboard from an old AM3+ to an AM5, MSI pro b650-p wifi- Upgraded CPU to Ryzen 7 7700X- Upgraded RAM to 2x16gb DDR5 4800- Re-used existing 250gb samsung SATA SSD with windows 10 installed. This drive is MBR not GPT, so I can't upgrade without reformatting. At this point, PC boots to W10 fine and everything runs fine. Now I wanted to buy a new SSD and upgrade to W11.- Pur

:)

Tara S114, Feb 26, 2024

2. Windows refuses to install on NVME SSD (Samsung 960 EVO)

First, thanks everyone who copy-pasted the first relevant results they found in Google. I found those before I asked the question.

The solution that I got to work is as follows:

• Disable CSM / UEFI
    • Enable Secure Boot
    • Now the installer can access the NVME SSD
      • Format the drive
      • Restart the machine

• Enable CSM / UEFI

• Disable Secure Boot

• Proceed to installer and now Windows will allow you to install to the NVME SSD drive

MikeIsMike, Feb 26, 2024
  3. NVME SSD

Tried this, and windows still didn't see the nvme ssd. It was a brand new nvme ssd right out of the box. Nothing works.

AdrianLucke72, Feb 26, 2024
  4. NVMe SSD with clean W11 install not being listed as a UEFI boot option, but it shows up in...

Upgrading second NVME used for storage: W11 won't boot

I have 2 NVME ssd drives. The first contains all files the second is just a dynamic disk.

I installed a new larger second NVME for more storage space to put my game files on but W11 won't boot when I install this, due to the TPM.

How can I upgrade my storage?

I don't want to re-install W11 as everything is running perfectly.

Slackcoder, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

NVMe SSD with clean W11 install not being listed as a UEFI boot option, but it shows up in...

1. NVMe SSD with clean W11 install not being listed as a UEFI boot option, but it shows up in... - Similar Threads - NVMe SSD clean

2. NVMe SSD with clean W11 install not being listed as a UEFI boot option, but it shows up in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVMe SSD with clean W11 install not being listed as a UEFI boot option, but it shows up in...: My goal is to install and run W11 on my new M.2 SSD after making a variety of PC upgrades. Here's the sequence of events including all troubleshooting steps taken so far:- Made sure I was grounded the whole time.- Upgraded motherboard from an old AM3+ to an AM5, MSI pro...
  3. Computer isn't booting up and doesn't detect boot option of SSD after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer isn't booting up and doesn't detect boot option of SSD after clean install: Have an ongoing issue yesterday where my computer is stuck on the boot up loading screen.I tried whatever I could to get it to boot from ssd and also the media installation usb stick that I used to install windows on the ssd 4 months ago. I updated my motherboards bios but...
  4. Computer isn't booting up and doesn't detect boot option of SSD after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer isn't booting up and doesn't detect boot option of SSD after clean install: Have an ongoing issue yesterday where my computer is stuck on the boot up loading screen.I tried whatever I could to get it to boot from ssd and also the media installation usb stick that I used to install windows on the ssd 4 months ago. I updated my motherboards bios but...
  5. NvMe SSD doesn’t show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NvMe SSD doesn’t show up: I’m using Lenovo ThinkPad E580. I was using SSD Twin 256 gb as my primary drive where windows is installed. Since I switched to ssd I was very happy with my laptop performance. Yesterday I transferred some photo from my camera to laptop then I disconnected card reader as...
  6. NvMe SSD doesn’t show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NvMe SSD doesn’t show up: I’m using Lenovo ThinkPad E580. I was using SSD Twin 256 gb as my primary drive where windows is installed. Since I switched to ssd I was very happy with my laptop performance. Yesterday I transferred some photo from my camera to laptop then I disconnected card reader as...
  7. NvMe SSD doesn’t show up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. NVME SSD not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVME SSD not showing up: I just plugged in a WD Blue 250GB M.2 SSD, my motherboard says that it is an M.2 drive and that it is for an SSD, but when I load my computer it does not show on device manager, this pc or disk management. Does anyone know how to fix this...
  9. Clean Install Windows 10 on NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install Windows 10 on NVMe SSD: My system specs are as follows: Microsoft Windows 10 x64 Version 1909 Build 18363.778 I'd like to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 on my laptop, which has an Intel NVMe SSD installed as its only drive. On an HDD, I'd simply use Darik's Boot and Nuke (DBAN) or a similar...
  10. UEFI install on clean SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI install on clean SSD: I've been having some trouble with my existing Windows 10 installation, and I'm planing to resinstall the OS from scratch on a brand new SSD that's fresh out of the box. I want to install it with UEFI and Secure Boot from a USB, as I'm currently using Bios. I've...