Windows 10: Nvraid, Error 11 After Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Nvraid, Error 11 After Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home. Now I get random BSODs related to nvraid, error 11. I Googled error 11 and it suggest it may be caused... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by netuser78, Aug 9, 2015.

1. netuser78 Win User

Nvraid, Error 11 After Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home. Now I get random BSODs related to nvraid, error 11. I Googled error 11 and it suggest it may be caused from an outdated chipset driver. My PC is from 2007 so there are no current chipset drivers available. I am using the last available nForce 750i SLI chipset driver for my ASUS P5N-D motherboard from Nvidia. Any other ideas on how to fix this issue?

:)

netuser78, Aug 9, 2015
  2. auggy Win User

dxgkrnl.sys as cause of recurring crashes

nForce motherboard drivers seem to lack good support for latest versions of Windows 10 so the issue may not be totally fixable.

One error that is reported in the Event Logs is the following from "Source" "nvraid":

The description for Event ID 11 from source nvraid cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

That seems to be the same error as in the following link with other Dell XPS 630i users experiencing similar issues including graphic card issues:

Error EventID 11 Source NVRaid IN A Non-RAID DELL XPS 630i Computer

You appear to have a non-RAID setup.

auggy, Aug 9, 2015
  3. P DIRS Win User
    Slider on Privacy tab of Internet Options of IE 11, not available

Windows 10, Internet Explorer 11, after upgrade from Win 7 to 10, the slider on Privacy tab of Internet Options of IE 11, not available.

P DIRS, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Nvraid, Error 11 After Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home

I am having a lot of driver issues after upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 as well. I've gotten the same BSOD from the Nvraid driver among other random rebooting issues. I am using the last available nForce 750i SLI chipset driver. I didn't have any of these issues in Win8.1. I am on an EVGA nForce 750i SLI motherboard as well.

dragon8warrior, Aug 18, 2015
  5. I have the same mobo as you do I believe. I get error 11 with nvraid from looking at the Event Manager. I also did some more poking around and it looks like the issue is indeed an outdated driver. NVIDIA has moved the nForce series drivers into 'Legacy' and have not been updated since 2011. I believe that there is a Microsoft-signed driver that may update over it, the date is 9/2013 or something from that year. That would lead me to believe that 8 wouldnt have had this issue, but I can only guess at that.

Since my machine was designed by Dell for a Vista system, I would go ahead and say we are out of luck with this, and the drivers are too far out of date to properly support Windows 10. I have gone into the Device Manager and attempted to update every piece of hardware individually, which helped some but I still see random restarts and robotic audio. I am going to rollback to 7 and build a new machine. It was time anyway.

NightHawkXV, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Nvraid, Error 11 After Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home

1. Nvraid, Error 11 After Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Nvraid Error Upgrading

2. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home: I cannot run the Media Creation Tool 21H2; getting the error 0x80072F8F - 0x20000. How do I get around this so that I can upgrade to Win10 and know that I haven't just wasted £120 please? Cheers....
  3. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home: I cannot run the Media Creation Tool 21H2; getting the error 0x80072F8F - 0x20000. How do I get around this so that I can upgrade to Win10 and know that I haven't just wasted £120 please? Cheers....
  4. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activation of windows 10 home after upgrade from 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of windows 10 home after upgrade from 7: I just got a new ssd to replace my old had and installed it in my Sony vaio and installed windows 10 with my USB bootable drive. I tried to activate using the original product key under the battery on the vaio for windows 7 premium and it says servers aren't available right...
  6. Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 home to Windows 10 home

Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 home to Windows 10 home: I have Windows 7 Home on my Dell Latitude 5400. Downloading from Microsoft's web page, I tried the free upgrade process to Windows 10. After many hours, this message appeared: System registry contains invalid file paths Drive letter assignments do not match across...
  7. Hibernate not working after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate not working after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home: After upgrading my desktop PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home, Hibernate is available. When I shut down the PC with Hibernate, it takes only appr. 5 seconds to shut down. With Windows 7 it took about 20 sec to store the image. On wake-up, after the BIOS start Windows 10...
  8. Device error after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device error after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7: Hello all, I've just upgraded my Dell laptop, XPS L501X to Windows 10 (v 1903). The computer is 64bit, 8GB installed RAM, Intel i5 CPU and bought in 2011/12. In Device Manager there are yellow error flags for four elements under "Other Devices". Their names and...
  9. Upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 home premium

Upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 home premium: Hi Team, I have missed the free upgrade to windows 10 last year, however i would like to upgrade my laptop from windows 7 to 10 now. I have alredy running Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium on my Sony Vaio Laptop.... Can I upgrade to Windows 10 again for free? If so, how can...
  10. Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home

Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home: Today I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 Home to Window 10 Home and after the install am getting a spreview.exe error.. followed by spwixul.dll, sperror.dll, spwizui.dll, sprerror.dll Boxes that pop up. I have done the Disk Cleanup as suggested, and checking for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvraid error 11 windows 10

2. nvraid id 11

3. asus p5n-d windows 7 home premium

4. nvraid windows 10,
  5. wind error nvraid,
  6. The description for Event ID 11 from source nvraid cannot be found.,
  7. event id11 nvraid,
  8. nvraid error,
  9. The description for Event ID 11 from source nvraid