Windows 10: nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll makes my explorer crash constantly

Discus and support nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll makes my explorer crash constantly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, So ever since updating to 2004 I have this problem where seemingly my Nvidia drivers cause the explorer to crash, especially when using alt+tab or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bernhardinjo, Jul 12, 2020.

1. nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll makes my explorer crash constantly

Hi, So ever since updating to 2004 I have this problem where seemingly my Nvidia drivers cause the explorer to crash, especially when using alt+tab or one of the divided screens - snap to edge functions (where it automatically halves a window and resizes another one into the other half). I have never had this problem before. Using the crash report I found out that nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll is responsible for the crashes, which is part of my Nvidia drivers. I did a clean uninstall using ddu, then reboot, then clean reinstall - only Nvidia drivers and Physx, no geforce experience. The problem persists. Any idea how I could get the crashes to stop would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/bernhardinjo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bernhardinjo, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Internet Explorer 11 constantly crashes

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Conflict between third party applications.

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps.
    Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section “Steps to configure Windows to use a Normal startup state” in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Gta 4 crashing constantly

Sup everyone, i seem to be having a very annoying problem. I purchased gta 4 recently and i installed it and it runs quite well, my system is listed in my specs. The problem with the game, is that about +/- 5 minutes of playing, the screen gets funny coloured squares and my whole pc crashes. I have xp sp3 installed. I have tried numerous things like clocking my cpu back to stock but to no avail. My pc is not overheating, thats for sure, i dunno. My mate just told me that it might just be a bug, but it seems strange that i bug in the game would cause my whole pc to crash. Any suggestions?

BradleyKZN, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Bundy Win User

nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll makes my explorer crash constantly

Explorer crashing

Thanks Zat. I had never looked at event viewer and it had more info than I thought. Seems the problem was a second computer I was trying to network with. Unplugging the ethernet cable fixed the crashes. Explorer must have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

Bundy, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll makes my explorer crash constantly

1. nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll makes my explorer crash constantly - Similar Threads - nvwgf2umx_cfg dll makes

2. Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer constantly crashing.: This started last night and whenever I open file explorer and go to click on anything the window looks like down below. I have tried the followingclearing explorer cache the Cachesfc /scannow,repairing via powershell.restarting my PCuninstalling a recent windows...
  3. Windows Explorer crash constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crash constantly: Hi this morning I turn on the PC and notice something strange then I decide to do a reset to 3 days before I do it and Explorer crashes constantly making the PC unusable, they do not open the settings I uninstalled also start all back but nothing the problem persists what can...
  4. Windows Explorer crash constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer crash constantly: Hi this morning I turn on the PC and notice something strange then I decide to do a reset to 3 days before I do it and Explorer crashes constantly making the PC unusable, they do not open the settings I uninstalled also start all back but nothing the problem persists what can...
  5. Windows 10 Explorer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Explorer constantly crashing: Here is my system info:Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎12/‎4/‎2020 OS build 19044.1645 Experience Windows Feature...
  6. Windows 10 Explorer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Explorer constantly crashing: Here is my system info:Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎12/‎4/‎2020 OS build 19044.1645 Experience Windows Feature...
  7. File Explorer Crashing Constantly help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashing Constantly help: I don’t know why but my file explorer started crashing with no reason, i was playing a game then it started crashing. I tried to shut down my pc, restarting it but nothing works can anyone please help me there ?...
  8. Windows Explorer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer constantly crashing: Hi all, I've been dealing with a problem of Explorer constantly crashing for the last day or two - if I attempt to open any file or folder within explorer, or a folder opens and it attempts to load information on that file, Windows Explorer crashes. If I attempt to right...
  9. File Explorer crashing and restarting constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer crashing and restarting constantly: File Explorer has started crashing the last few days and it's driving me up the wall. It hangs, then a progress bar starts creeping up the file location box, until everything disappears. During this process the pointer is a spinning blue circle and I can't click anywhere else...
  10. File Explorer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer constantly crashing: I am having a problem with file explorer constantly crashing. If I click on the icon in the toolbar, file explorer will open, it will say "working on it," but then it crashes, the screen flashes, and it goes back to the desktop. If I try to open a folder on the desktop, it...