Windows 10: O&O ShutUp10 being overridden by Windows constantly

Discus and support O&O ShutUp10 being overridden by Windows constantly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I would do ANYTHING at this point to disable Automatic Windows Updates. I have no idea how to do so, and clearly this program is not the answer. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iambrezrealian, Mar 1, 2021.

1. O&O ShutUp10 being overridden by Windows constantly

I would do ANYTHING at this point to disable Automatic Windows Updates. I have no idea how to do so, and clearly this program is not the answer.

I have turned off the option for a Windows Update frequently within O&O Shutup10, but a few days pass and I get the unavoidable update. It says "setting has changed since last time the program was used" but it wasn't me changing any settings. Do I not have rights to not get the update? I even changed my group policy settings, no dice.

If anyone has a recommendation on a working program that isn't this O&O one, I'm all ears (paid or free).

submitted by /u/iambrezrealian
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iambrezrealian, Mar 1, 2021

2. O&O Shutup10

I have been using O&O ShutUp for quite few years. With only recommended settings,✔, plus 3 Limited orange triangle.
    Never had any problems, though to be safe I disable it when installing major Windows Updates and new windows version installation. Then enable it after set as I like.

O&O ShutUp10 being overridden by Windows constantly [​IMG]

Pulcinella, Mar 1, 2021
  3. I give Win User
    O&O Shutup10

Hello all. Has anyone used O&O Shutup10 for Win 10 security enhancement? (1909) Thanks.

I give, Mar 1, 2021
  4. f14tomcat Win User

O&O ShutUp10 being overridden by Windows constantly

O&O Shutup10

Slightly OT from the security angle, but O&O does a really good job of keeping Cortana locked in the dungeon!

Hmmmm... maybe that is security related. *chuckle

O&O ShutUp10 being overridden by Windows constantly [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

O&O ShutUp10 being overridden by Windows constantly

1. O&O ShutUp10 being overridden by Windows constantly - Similar Threads - O&O ShutUp10 being

2. O&O ShutUp10 1.8.1421 safe and clean to install?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    O&O ShutUp10 1.8.1421 safe and clean to install?: Hello, Windows 10 Home 21H1 B19043.1055 O&O ShutUp10 1.8.142 Sha256: bcdc6b364da6986d50dd025aacc3c0c76ada16657b829406cee67b4e6f16b89a I scan @VT OOSU10.exe and there is a lot of detection and rule set that does not look good for me is the OOSU10.exe or the portable safe and...
  3. Adjusting privacy and security settings - O&O ShutUp10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Adjusting privacy and security settings - O&O ShutUp10: I'm a user of both Windows and Linux (in recent years mostly the latter). I have recently upgraded a couple of my systems from the now EOL Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro. I like to think I am conscientious about privacy and security without being obsessive or paranoid. I get the...
  4. Used o&o ShutUp10 and now spotify says offline

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Used o&o ShutUp10 and now spotify says offline: So I used O&O ShutUp10 as I care about privacy a little, and windows can’t even phone home to the server that changes the Ethernet icon to show internet connectivity. The issue is Spotify seems to use that like marker as a way to tell if it can connect to the internet, and...
  5. Turning on Windows Defender after using O&O ShutUp10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning on Windows Defender after using O&O ShutUp10: Hello, I used to use Avast as my antivirus, but got tired of it so I wanted to go back to using Windows Defender. I had disabled Defender using O&O ShutUp10 to avoid conflicts between the two. Alongside an antivirus software I use Malwarebytes. I uninstalled Avast using its...
  6. O&O Shutup10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    O&O Shutup10: Hello all. Has anyone used O&O Shutup10 for Win 10 security enhancement? (1909) Thanks. 149061
  7. O&O ShutUp10 updated with new privacy features

in Windows 10 News
    O&O ShutUp10 updated with new privacy features: O&O, the developers behind the privacy tool O&O ShutUp10 for Windows 10, released a new version of the program yesterday. O&O ShutUp10 1.7 introduces the new Activity History and Clipboard group to the program to provide its users with activity and clipboard privacy...
  8. O&O ShutUp10 & Malwarebytes Premium Updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    O&O ShutUp10 & Malwarebytes Premium Updates: I'm using O&O ShutUp10 to control some Win10 privacy settings. I am using the recommended settings. I noticed it is preventing Malwarebytes from updating. When I revert OOSU10 to factory default, i.e. no changes to the default Win10 environment, Malwarebytes updates fine....
  9. O & O shutup10 data mining disabler

O & O shutup10 data mining disabler: . OO ShutUp10 - Do not use Windows 10 without it! | NotebookReview hope that's ok putting the link in quotes....O&O produce a free, portable app that allows the data mining properties of Windows 10 to be disabled .... wondered ed if anyone had any experience of this.....
  10. O&O Shutup10 - privacy freeware

O&O Shutup10 - privacy freeware: OO ShutUp10: download free antispy tool for Windows 10 95837