Windows 10: O&O ShutUp10 updated with new privacy features

Discus and support O&O ShutUp10 updated with new privacy features in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; O&O, the developers behind the privacy tool O&O ShutUp10 for Windows 10, released a new version of the program yesterday. O&O ShutUp10 1.7 introduces... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Dec 5, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

O&O ShutUp10 updated with new privacy features

O&O, the developers behind the privacy tool O&O ShutUp10 for Windows 10, released a new version of the program yesterday.

O&O ShutUp10 1.7 introduces the new Activity History and Clipboard group to the program to provide its users with activity and clipboard privacy controls.

The application is a privacy tool for Windows 10 that users of the operating system may run to modify privacy-related features and functionality.

O&O ShutUp10 displays a long list of privacy options in its interface on start. The program does not need to be installed but requires elevated privileges.

O&O ShutUp10 updated with new privacy features oo-shutup10.png

Options are sorted into categories such as app privacy, Microsoft Edge, or synchronization of Windows Settings.

Each setting may be expanded with a click to display its description; this description provides additional information about the feature and potential consequences if it is changed. Another useful feature of O&O ShutUp10 is that it displays recommendations for each setting.

Items with "yes" are usually safe to turn off whereas items that read "limited" or "no" may have consequences when they are disabled.

The program supports creating system restore points before changes are made to the system; it is highly recommended to create these restore points before changes are made.

O&O ShutUp10 1.7 introduces the new Activity History and Clipboard category. Microsoft introduces clipboard and activity sharing functionality in recent versions of Windows 10 and these controls manage the functionality.

The following options are provided:

• Disable recordings of user activity.
    • Disable storing user's activity history on this device.
    • Disable the submission of user activities to Microsoft.
    • Disable storage of clipboard history.
    • Disable the transfer of the clipboard to other devices via the cloud.

O&O recommends to turn these all off. Users who make use of the functionality should not turn these off whereas everyone else may want to do so immediately.

Note that many of the options that O&O ShutUp10 provides are also available elsewhere. If you search for Clipboard in the Settings app, you find options to turn the feature and its synchronization functionality off.

The two main benefits of the program are that it makes numerous settings available in a single interface, and that it makes options available that are not as easy to turn off (as they may require Registry editing).

O&O ShutUp10 1.7 fixes the display of menus on touchscreen devices and makes adjustments to High Contrast modes. Additionally, it is now available in several languages including English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian and Chinese Simplified.

Now You: Do you use privacy tools? If so which?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post O&O ShutUp10 updated with new privacy features appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Dec 5, 2019
  2. f14tomcat Win User

O&O ShutUp10 & Malwarebytes Premium Updates

@Dugly

Wild guess, because I'm not familiar with ShutUp10, if the setting below is on in MBAM, there may be a conflict.

O&O ShutUp10 updated with new privacy features [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Dec 5, 2019
  3. RickC Win User
    O&O Shutup10 - privacy freeware

I don't think ShutUp10 is the cause of your 'download completed' chime issue. There's just no setting in ShutUp10 that affects sounds (as they don't pertain to data leakage).

The file you've quoted from (i.e. "Initial State=S001 -|S002 -|S003 -|S004 -|S005 -|S008 -|S009 -|S0............... ") is the OOSU10.INI file used to save the status of settings.

To get ShutUp10 settings back to "initial state" you can use ShutUp10's Actions > Undo all changes ("factory settings") option.

If this doesn't work then you can make changes using a .CFG file (not the .INI file), by doing the following:

1. Right-click on ShutUp10 and choose Run as administrator.
    2. Use File > Export settings... to create a ShutUp10 .CFG file.

If you open the .CFG file in Notepad you will see that each of the settings (shown as a) ends with either a - or + sign (shown as b and c) to indicate the toggle state :

A - sign means that the setting is at its default state whilst a + sign shows that the setting has been changed.

3. Make a copy of this .CFG file, name it something like shutup10default.cfg and, for ease of use, save it in the same folder as ShutUp10.
    4. Open the new .CFG file in Notepad then, in the Edit menu (d), choose Replace... .
    5. In the Replace dialog, enter + in the top text box, - in the bottom text box then click on the Replace All button (e).
    6. Save the change.
    7. Use File > Import settings... to import the newly-changed ShutUp10 .CFG file.

The change is dynamic and you should now be back at the initial state you wanted. You can close ShutUp10 now... but be aware that some changes do not take effect until the system is restarted. Don't be surprised if you see the following:

Hope this helps...

RickC, Dec 5, 2019
  4. SIW2 Win User

O&O ShutUp10 & Malwarebytes Premium Updates

Could be what tomcat suggested

Otherwise, you could just try each setting at a time to find out.

SIW2, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. O&O ShutUp10 updated with new privacy features - Similar Threads - O&O ShutUp10 updated

2. O&O ShutUp10 1.8.1421 safe and clean to install?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    O&O ShutUp10 1.8.1421 safe and clean to install?: Hello, Windows 10 Home 21H1 B19043.1055 O&O ShutUp10 1.8.142 Sha256: bcdc6b364da6986d50dd025aacc3c0c76ada16657b829406cee67b4e6f16b89a I scan @VT OOSU10.exe and there is a lot of detection and rule set that does not look good for me is the OOSU10.exe or the portable safe and...
  3. Adjusting privacy and security settings - O&O ShutUp10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Adjusting privacy and security settings - O&O ShutUp10: I'm a user of both Windows and Linux (in recent years mostly the latter). I have recently upgraded a couple of my systems from the now EOL Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro. I like to think I am conscientious about privacy and security without being obsessive or paranoid. I get the...
  4. O&O ShutUp10 being overridden by Windows constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    O&O ShutUp10 being overridden by Windows constantly: I would do ANYTHING at this point to disable Automatic Windows Updates. I have no idea how to do so, and clearly this program is not the answer. I have turned off the option for a Windows Update frequently within O&O Shutup10, but a few days pass and I get the unavoidable...
  5. Turning on Windows Defender after using O&O ShutUp10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning on Windows Defender after using O&O ShutUp10: Hello, I used to use Avast as my antivirus, but got tired of it so I wanted to go back to using Windows Defender. I had disabled Defender using O&O ShutUp10 to avoid conflicts between the two. Alongside an antivirus software I use Malwarebytes. I uninstalled Avast using its...
  6. Windows privacy tool O&O ShutUp10 is ready for Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 News
    Windows privacy tool O&O ShutUp10 is ready for Windows 10 version 2004: O&O ShutUp10 is a long-standing privacy tool for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system. The initial version of the program was released in 2015, our first review dates back to 2017 and we have updated it in late 2019. The program has received frequent updates to ensure...
  7. O&O Shutup10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    O&O Shutup10: Hello all. Has anyone used O&O Shutup10 for Win 10 security enhancement? (1909) Thanks. 149061
  8. O&O ShutUp10 & Malwarebytes Premium Updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    O&O ShutUp10 & Malwarebytes Premium Updates: I'm using O&O ShutUp10 to control some Win10 privacy settings. I am using the recommended settings. I noticed it is preventing Malwarebytes from updating. When I revert OOSU10 to factory default, i.e. no changes to the default Win10 environment, Malwarebytes updates fine....
  9. O & O shutup10 data mining disabler

O & O shutup10 data mining disabler: . OO ShutUp10 - Do not use Windows 10 without it! | NotebookReview hope that's ok putting the link in quotes....O&O produce a free, portable app that allows the data mining properties of Windows 10 to be disabled .... wondered ed if anyone had any experience of this.....
  10. O&O Shutup10 - privacy freeware

O&O Shutup10 - privacy freeware: OO ShutUp10: download free antispy tool for Windows 10 95837