Windows 10: O/S Image deployment on Dell OEM licensed Windows 10 Pro with VL license

Discus and support O/S Image deployment on Dell OEM licensed Windows 10 Pro with VL license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Client has purchased 75 Dell workstations with windows 10 Pro (OEM License) installed. What I would like to do is take one and install needed programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MadBenny, Apr 26, 2019.

1. MadBenny Win User

O/S Image deployment on Dell OEM licensed Windows 10 Pro with VL license

Client has purchased 75 Dell workstations with windows 10 Pro (OEM License) installed. What I would like to do is take one and install needed programs and updates, create Master image and then push that out to the the remaining 74 workstations.

What I'm being told I should do since all these machines have an individual Pro license is to purchase a single Windows 10 Pro VL license and the push that image to the remaining 74 workstations but my concern will be that in doing so with the client be in compliance if an audit was to be performed?

Thank you

:)

MadBenny, Apr 26, 2019
  2. Matt GCS Win User

VL reimage rights with Windows 10 Pro, on 7 Pro OEM licenses.

We have well over 2000 laptops with Windows 7 Pro OEM Licenses. Because of a separate VL agreement, we are able to use the VL media and KMS to reimage these laptops as needed.

Can we sign a VL Agreement for Windows 10 Pro, get access to the VL Media and KMS, and reimage these laptops to Windows 10 Pro? This would be our upgrade path.

Thank you,

Matt

Matt GCS, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro VL / Educational Licensing model

I have 50 Lenovo T430 laptops with Windows 7 pro OEM. I am re-purposing these laptops to use in a different area of the school. I wish to upgrade them to Windows 10 pro for up to date security.

Currently, we have a volume licensing contract and can order the Windows 10 Professional licenses via VL. I wish to create a Windows 10 image to deploy. Will the VL edition of Windows 10 pro image successfully, and activate, with the existing Win 7 pro keys?

HectorKearns, Apr 26, 2019
  4. O/S Image deployment on Dell OEM licensed Windows 10 Pro with VL license

Can an OEM license key for Win 10 Pro be changed to a Campus Volume license key for Win 10 Pro for mass imaging?

I think there is a misunderstanding of how imaging works. Reimaging rights are based on the machine being properly licensed to allow the volume license upgrade to be installed. The machines don't have to be upgraded with a volume license key, if they are
    already licensed with the proper premium business sku (in your case Windows 10 Pro OEM). What you should be doing is have your Volume License reference deployment image with the key already embedded and whatever software you want to deploy, then reimage the
    machine using something like deployment kit.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

O/S Image deployment on Dell OEM licensed Windows 10 Pro with VL license

1. O/S Image deployment on Dell OEM licensed Windows 10 Pro with VL license - Similar Threads - Image deployment Dell

2. Licensing OEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Licensing OEM: Hey guys. I have a question and needed your support. I bought 40 computers with Windows 10 OEM from my company and I need to update Windows 10 to Windows 11, is it legal to update the operating system version so that there are no legal problems with MSFT? Thank you for your...
  3. Windows 10 OEM Deployment using VL

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 OEM Deployment using VL: I know this has been Asked a few times but I say its better to beat a dead horse than to be trampled by one. I want to make sure I am in complete alignment with the Software agreement from Microsoft, All and any information on this is helpful. I have read spice works articles...
  4. Windows 10 OEM License

Windows 10 OEM License: Hi there looking for some answers. I am about to build a new PC, a week or two away and I am going to buy a Windows 10 OEM license. Does this come on a DVD? Something I wont be able to use, as it wont have a DVD reader. Or can I download the ISO file on a USB and use...
  5. OEM License

in Windows 10 Support
    OEM License: I bought an OEM win 10 for my new self built pc, I wish to know in order to keep my OEM win 10 valid which parts cannot change ? Can i change cpu, rams, graphics card and sound card ? If i am not wrong only the motherboard cannot change ? 169777
  6. OEM License

OEM License: Hi, I bought a windows 7 Home Edition retail version long time ago. I got upgraded for free to windows 10 when it came out. Now, I bought a new computer and I was able to transfer my license from my old computer to the new one. I found an OEM pro version for sale on...
  7. License Windows 10 OEM

License Windows 10 OEM: I understand that now the Windows 10 OEM license comes embedded in the BIOS. The institution in which I work asks me for a licensing document, how can I obtain it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-windows-10-oem/b66dbb96-0884-48ef-9b0a-ef3b7641ef9d
  8. OEM license

OEM license: I have bought an OEM version of windows 10 which I bought at one of the authotized microsoft seller. The question is, is an OEM license legal to buy and install on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-license/6735fdd5-b0ca-4e93-944f-f5a1f3c9caed
  9. Can change windows 10 pro OEM license to windows 10 official license?

Can change windows 10 pro OEM license to windows 10 official license?: Hello I'm already using Windows 10 pro with OEM license since 2016 Nov, The point is I want to change every hardware systems even motherboard too but I don't want to lose my windows license. So can I switch from windows 10 pro OEM license to windows 10 pro official...
  10. Windows 10 OEM license

Windows 10 OEM license: I bought a Laptop which came with windows 10 home installed in the hard drive (HDD) and I want to transfer this OS to an M.2 Solid state drive (SSD) in the same Laptop. As it's an OEM license and says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft...