Windows 10: O/S partioning

Discus and support O/S partioning in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 1TB SSD mbr with 103 GB in use for the 2004 O/S and 827 GB free. A few basic queries, with the object to create a new partition for data, while leaving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by borate, Jul 15, 2020.

1. borate Win User

O/S partioning

1TB SSD mbr with 103 GB in use for the 2004 O/S and 827 GB free.
    A few basic queries, with the object to create a new partition for data, while leaving the O/S with ample room - perhaps 150-200 GB.

The Win 10 disk management interface lists...

Total 973 GB
    Available 591 GB
    After shrinking 362 GB

Why is only 591 GB listed as available, when C:\ properties shows 827 GB free?

During the shrink process how can the O/S be allocated more space, to accommodate expansion, or is this done automatically?

Is the 362 GB available after shrinking wasted space? If not, how is it utilized.

Gracias

:)

borate, Jul 15, 2020
  2. trt740 Win User

Post your source for the best Stepping for Amd 64's and Optys

Post your Stepping and o/c for Amd 64's Am2 /939 and Optys

can anyone point me in the direction of a good site which lists stepping codes for which cpu's over clock the best

trt740, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Yose_426 Win User
    windows o/s

Can i transfer my windows o/s to a new computer using a CD?

Yose_426, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Yose_426 Win User

O/S partioning

windows o/s

Can i transfer my windows o/s to a new computer using a CD?

Yose_426, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

O/S partioning

1. O/S partioning - Similar Threads - partioning

2. Can't create partion and extend volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create partion and extend volume: I have 4tb hdd and i have only 2tb partion and other part is unusable i can't create simple volume and extend existing volumeScreenshot 1Screenshot 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-partion-and-extend-volume/14dd4e68-e852-477a-a3d3-72af8a80920c
  3. Can't create partion and extend volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't create partion and extend volume: I have 4tb hdd and i have only 2tb partion and other part is unusable i can't create simple volume and extend existing volumeScreenshot 1Screenshot 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-partion-and-extend-volume/14dd4e68-e852-477a-a3d3-72af8a80920c
  4. Can't create partion and extend volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't transfert space from partion D to C ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't transfert space from partion D to C ?: Hi i have a problem that i can't seem to find a solution for, i can't transfert any space that i shrink from my D: drive to C: drive...I have attached a screenshot of my Disk managementAnyone have an idea how to fix the swapped partions on the screenshot ? or what caused it...
  6. Can't transfert space from partion D to C ?

Can't transfert space from partion D to C ?: Hi i have a problem that i can't seem to find a solution for, i can't transfert any space that i shrink from my D: drive to C: drive...I have attached a screenshot of my Disk managementAnyone have an idea how to fix the swapped partions on the screenshot ? or what caused it...
  7. How to create a recovery partion in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create a recovery partion in safe mode?: I have media tool downloaded in my mobile. So I want to transfer to the PC using booth. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-recovery-partion-in-safe-mode/87cce48b-fa36-471f-94f5-140252eb6b07
  8. How to extend my C partion?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to extend my C partion?: I want to extend my C partition. So I remove my all data from my D partition. But I cannot the extend. do I need to 3rd party software for this? Below I added how my partitions looks like....
  9. How to extend my C partion?

How to extend my C partion?: I want to extend my C partition. So I remove my all data from my D partition. But I cannot the extend. do I need to 3rd party software for this? Below I added how my partitions looks like....
  10. How to extend my C partion?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing