Windows 10: O2 Dac/Amp + JBL LSR 305 distortion troubleshoot

Discus and support O2 Dac/Amp + JBL LSR 305 distortion troubleshoot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I've got an issue relating to my O2dac/amp (device) which was purchased sometime in 2015. Background: The device is used with a Sennheiser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kibbelhs, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Kibbelhs Win User

O2 Dac/Amp + JBL LSR 305 distortion troubleshoot

Hi there, I've got an issue relating to my O2dac/amp (device) which was purchased sometime in 2015.

Background:
    The device is used with a Sennheiser HD 650/ JBL LSR 305 and connected to my laptop via usb. I recently changed the setup and replaced the laptop with a brand new self built desktop pc (5 days old). I plugged the device to my laptop and realised that the speakers were emitting a crackling/ buzzing sound. The headphone port was fine without any buzzing/ distortion. Unfortunately as of today, even the headphone port had a buzzing/ distortion to it. I tried both my IEM and HD 650 and both were able to replicate the noise. Distortion/ noise on the speakers got worse.

The speakers are connected on a separate power strip to the PSU (power supply unit), but both power strips are plugged in to the wall next to each other. I moved the PSU connection to another wall outlet further, but the noise remains.
    I have tried plugging the device via usb to all the usb ports on my pc and there's no change in the noise.

The noise gets worse when I launch a game, the audio gets crackly and distorted and louder.

I have plugged the speakers to my phone and played off it, no issues.

Note: when the speakers are just plugged in, powered on, not connected to anything its noisefloor is slightly audible (which was not an issue when I was using laptop). Am connected to internet via LAN, have tried onboard WiFi with antenna and LAN, both have the noise.
    Question:
    What is causing the interference? PSU/ GPU? Bad shielding? Power loop etc?
    Could it be the device failing?
    Is the desktop PC introducing some form of electrical disturbance which would warrant a power conditioner?
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro WiFi
    Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
    SSD/HDD: Intel 760p nvme (OS)/ Adata SX8200 Pro
    GPU: Gigabyte 2070S Gaming OC White
    PSU: Fractal Design Ion+ 660w Plat
    Chassis: NZXT H510 Elite

:)

Kibbelhs, Nov 15, 2019

2. JDSLabs O2+ODAC Headphone DAC/Amp

JDSLabs's O2+ODAC combination combines two designs by NwAvGuy with excellent build quality and a sturdy enclosure. The O2+ODAC sells at just $285 which, performance considered, is a bargain. We test whether this amplifier and DAC combination is really the giant slayer it is made out to be!

Show full review

Frederik S, Nov 15, 2019
  3. DisCHORD Win User
    Lumia 925 Dac chip.

What is the dac chip used in the Lumia 925? I can't find it anywhere. I want to know the snr and distortion of the dac used in this phone.

DisCHORD, Nov 15, 2019
  4. O2 Dac/Amp + JBL LSR 305 distortion troubleshoot

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

O2 Dac/Amp + JBL LSR 305 distortion troubleshoot

1. O2 Dac/Amp + JBL LSR 305 distortion troubleshoot - Similar Threads - Dac Amp JBL

2. DAC / AMP USB-device is ignored by windows 11 after every update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DAC / AMP USB-device is ignored by windows 11 after every update: Hi, my DAC / AMP from ASUS, brand: Xonar essence 3 , always fails to be detected by windows 11 after an update. And it is getting harder and harder to get it to work again. I have of course searched the internet gets loads of other people having the same issue. So first...
  3. DAC / AMP USB-device is ignored by windows 11 after every update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DAC / AMP USB-device is ignored by windows 11 after every update: Hi, my DAC / AMP from ASUS, brand: Xonar essence 3 , always fails to be detected by windows 11 after an update. And it is getting harder and harder to get it to work again. I have of course searched the internet gets loads of other people having the same issue. So first...
  4. My audio is distorted after unplugging amp/dac

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My audio is distorted after unplugging amp/dac: So for context I have a soundblaster E1 amp/dac with all the drivers installed and I also a msi b450 tomahawk max motherboard with the basic audio drivers installedand also voicemeeter if that makes any difference Now I have my soundblaster E1 plugged into the front panel...
  5. Error Code 39 when installing usb device DAC/AMP SMSL M3

Error Code 39 when installing usb device DAC/AMP SMSL M3: Hi, when I was trying to install SMSL M3 on my Desktop the drivers can't be found by Windows and the error code 39 appears. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device several times but without success. What could I do? This is my Windows 10 version and build:...
  6. DAC, AMP and headphones not working from windows 10

DAC, AMP and headphones not working from windows 10: Hi there, I recently brought a windows XPS 15 2020 I around the same time brought some audio equipment I have a Schiit Modi 3 DAC and a Magni 3 Amplifier with a pair of beyerdynamic DT1990 headphones I have the amp and the dac connected by RAS cables and I have the DAC...
  7. amp for win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    amp for win 10: You got an error message while using Windows Media Player. Unfortunately, specific info about the error isn't currently available. What does this mean and how do I fix it?...
  8. Introducing Bing AMP viewer and Bing AMP cache

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Bing AMP viewer and Bing AMP cache: In 2016, Bing joined the Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP for short) open-source effort to help you “find” and “do” searches faster, regardless of where you are and on any device when you are looking for informaiton. Today, we are pleased to announce the release of Bing AMP...
  9. USB DAC/ Amp not Working Correctly After Windows Update

USB DAC/ Amp not Working Correctly After Windows Update: I downloaded the new windows update 2 days ago and since I did my Fiio Q1 Mark 2 hasn't been working right. Windows accepts it as my default device, it works with web browser, discord, and Fortnite but for everything else it doesn't work. I first noticed this trying to run...
  10. Using Xonar DX DAC and an external headphone amp?

Using Xonar DX DAC and an external headphone amp?: I'm trying to use my Xonar DX sound card just as a DAC with my external headphone amp. My headphone amp (Cavalli Liquid Carbon) doesn't have TOSLINK input, only RCA, 3.5mm and XLR. There is a 3.5mm to RCA cable, and I've plugged that into the line out jack but I'm not hearing...