Windows 10: O365 Can't save doc,that was created under different domain

Discus and support O365 Can't save doc,that was created under different domain in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Bit of an episode - I appreciate this is a Windows forum but I'm running out of places to ask. Happening on a Mac and Windows PC. I've had to change my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Tommyg365, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Tommyg365 Win User

O365 Can't save doc,that was created under different domain

Bit of an episode - I appreciate this is a Windows forum but I'm running out of places to ask.
    Happening on a Mac and Windows PC.
    I've had to change my domain (both of which are registered with O365).
    I took advice from a Microsoft guy on Windows Answers that all I need to do is copy all my folders and documents from one OneDrive to the other.
    This went Ok but then the problems started. I can open, in the OneDrive for my new domain, all files. When I go to save the a document, to my new Onedrive, I get a error message - Upload Failed - Cannot Verify you have the necessary permissions to upload the file.
    I can amend and save Ok in my browser in onedrive and if I save the file to my hard disk, outside the folders onedrive monitors, again it's fine.
    I have a second Mac and at the moment all is good and everything works as it should.
    I have contacted Microsoft Support, but they seem beat.
    My first thought was that as the documents have been created in one domain, you can't save them with the same name, just as a copy, but then this would mean that sharing is out of the question which you obviously can do in O365.
    Can anyone, please, suggest a workaround, as I realy don't want to have to save copies of100s of files.
    Thanks

:)

Tommyg365, Mar 2, 2019
  2. sammy Win User

Question:- How to add client to domain from domain controller side?

Hi Guys,

-I have domain called lab.com created on virtual machine Windows Server 2008
    -I have added a client machine Linux machine rhel6 to domain lab.com in /etc/host file
    -I am able to ping DC from linux machine by IP and hostname .
    But from DC I can only ping Linux machine by IP address and not by its hostname "rhel61.lab.com"

I don't want to add linux machine entry to DC's hosts file as it is DC so it should resolve it

But I wish to know what step or doings I am missing from DC side that I am not able to ping linux machine by its hostname.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

sammy, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Incopatability with Google Docs

Hi Ba,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that Google Docs print option not working as expected.

Try with a different browser and check if it works.

It could be a browser or browser's settings issue.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 2, 2019
  4. robos Win User

Getting a domain name...

Just simple 3 steps to make your website glow to millions…
    Step 1: Sign up now and get a FREE domain!
    Step 2: Design your new website in minutes!
    Step 3: You are live! Share your life online!

Click here…

robos, Mar 2, 2019
  5. take the ownership of the new Onedrive folder

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

1. O365 Can't save doc,that was created under different domain - Similar Threads - O365 Can't save

2. saving a doc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saving a doc: I have a lot of OneDrive folders, and when I go to save a new document or save an attachment in a mail message, the window that pops up automatically jumps to "This PC" EVERY TIME which sits at the BOTTOM OF THE WINDOW, very very far away from my "Quick Access" pinned folders...
  3. saving a doc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    saving a doc: I have a lot of OneDrive folders, and when I go to save a new document or save an attachment in a mail message, the window that pops up automatically jumps to "This PC" EVERY TIME which sits at the BOTTOM OF THE WINDOW, very very far away from my "Quick Access" pinned folders...
  4. OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC: Trying to open a PDF document, as a PDF doc that I downloaded and saved on my laptop. When I click on 'open' a message box appears. I am given two options--either convert it to a Word doc or 'Cancel". How do/can I open my doc the way that it should be, as a PDF document?...
  5. OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC

OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC: Trying to open a PDF document, as a PDF doc that I downloaded and saved on my laptop. When I click on 'open' a message box appears. I am given two options--either convert it to a Word doc or 'Cancel". How do/can I open my doc the way that it should be, as a PDF document?...
  6. OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can't Create new folder or text doc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Create new folder or text doc: When I try create new folder or text doc and rightclick on my desktop ..then try click new it freeze..i can't click it ..if left click nothing happens..if right click ..screen go white then it refresh desktop and close the box...
  8. Configure IIS under different Domain user than the current logged in User domain

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Configure IIS under different Domain user than the current logged in User domain: Hi, We have to configure IIS 1o.o for web application/services which requires windows authentications to connect with backend DB and other services for application to work. We have machines in which user has Admin access in Domain1 (i.e. Domain1/User1). But the application...
  9. Wordpad not saving doc sizes

Wordpad not saving doc sizes: Hi, Just got win 10 from win 7. Wordpad now doesn't save doc resizes from one day to the next. It will save the size all day long until I shut down the computer, then reboot and open a doc in wordpad and have to resize all over again. Win 7 never had to do this. I know Ctrl...
  10. Can't save word possessor docs.

Can't save word possessor docs.: When I create a doc in MS Word 2013, WordPerfect 12 or Open Office 4.1.1 and click "Save As", a small screen pops up and says "You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact administrator to obtain permission. Never had this problem in transitions with 95, 98, XP...