Windows 10: Object not accessible. The object cannot be accessed due to insufficient user rights.

Discus and support Object not accessible. The object cannot be accessed due to insufficient user rights. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Office 10 quit working and is now out of support. No Malware is found by Malwarebytes or other scanners. I was using LibreOffice creating a large... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jmcgrat3, Dec 25, 2019.

1. jmcgrat3 Win User

Object not accessible. The object cannot be accessed due to insufficient user rights.

My Office 10 quit working and is now out of support.

No Malware is found by Malwarebytes or other scanners.

I was using LibreOffice creating a large spreadsheet when a crash occurred. Recovery produced a file looking the same but saying Remote at name end. The file could not be modified, printed or otherwise worked on.

Trying to copy it make a copy or line at a time, would produce a file looking the same but not savable.

Error message box =
    Error saving the document Untitled 2:
    Object not accessible.
    The object cannot be accessed
    due to insufficient user rights.

Who controls user rights, Microsoft of LibreOffice?
    Where is the control found to give me back user rights?

:)

jmcgrat3, Dec 25, 2019

2. failed to enumerate objects in container, access is denied

I've gone through the steps that are supposed to allow me to delete a folder but when I get to this step:

Object not accessible. The object cannot be accessed due to insufficient user rights. [​IMG]

The box at the top does not appear on my screen just the one at the bottom. Clicking the bottom box and continuing does not give me the permission I need to delete the folder. What else can I try? Thanks.

larrydonline, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    Failure to enumerate objects in the container Access denied

Hi Steve,

In Windows 10, we can set our stuff public or private by permissions. And it’s easy to set on the file’s properties. But sometimes, when you want to change its permissions, some error occurs. Failed to Enumerate Objects in the Container. But take it easy,
    here we are going to tell you the quick and effective way to fix it. Kindly follow the steps below to change the settings:

• Right-click on the file or folder you want to change its permissions, then choose Properties.
    • Click Advanced under Security pane.
    • Click Change.
    • Type your user name in the box, then click Check Names and OK.
    • Check this two items: Replace owner on sub-containers and objects & Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object, then click OK.
    • If prompted by Windows Security, click Yes.

Now you can change permissions for your files normally now.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Dec 25, 2019
  4. spunk Win User

Object not accessible. The object cannot be accessed due to insufficient user rights.

3D Objects Icon used for moved User folder

Similar to this issue: 3D objects in Users folder have no location tab - Windows 10 Forums

I have successfully moved the User files (ie) C:\Users\[UserName] to a data drive D:\User by using the Location tab on each individual folder (ie) Pictures, Music etc I then right clicked the D:\User folder itself and chose Customize to choose an icon for it. I reluctantly chose the 3D Objects icon. the User folder took on the 3D Objects icon. All was good, but after a reboot, the User folder changed names to 3D Objects. I have renamed 3D Objects back to User, and changed the icon to something different. The name change and Icon sticks in the root of D:\ but the icon in the Quick Access list is still 3D Objects, but not the User folder name, which is still User, the new icon shows in D:\ After a reboot or 2 the icon and the folder name changes to 3D Objects again. And I have to rename it again and choose a different Icon. Is there a way to stop this?

spunk, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Object not accessible. The object cannot be accessed due to insufficient user rights. - Similar Threads - Object accessible object

2. Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied: File serverThe main shared does not allow Full Control as this would allow any users creating a folder to manage their own security because of the access granted from being an owner....and we obviously don't want thatSo, i've created specific Shared folders on the server with...
  3. Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied: File serverThe main shared does not allow Full Control as this would allow any users creating a folder to manage their own security because of the access granted from being an owner....and we obviously don't want thatSo, i've created specific Shared folders on the server with...
  4. Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.

Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.: Apparently this is long-lasting issue. Ive watched multiple videos on the topic and followed every step going through properties, securitiy, changing the owner and so on the error always remains. Ive read that theres a possibility that the “guest” account on my computer is...
  5. Object reference not set to instance of an object while accessing webcam

Object reference not set to instance of an object while accessing webcam: We have developed an software and trying to run it on Windows.10. It runs well with external web camera. But when we run it using integrated/Laptop camera, it shows an error. The light on the web camera blinks but no image is displayed. The camera is working fine. We...
  6. Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.: So I did a full "reset" of Windows 10, wiping all data, and I should have thought about this, but was like, "what the heck!" and now my original user account was wiped and my permissions on my internal RAID array has been destroyed. I've re-assigned my new account as the...
  7. Failure to enumerate objects in the container Access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Failure to enumerate objects in the container Access denied: I have a win10 pro domain computer and some files (among several hundred thousand) on an external usb drive and on a file server give me the above message when I try to change the ntfs perms. I've followed directions from previous posts i.e. changing owner, also removed the...
  8. reflection of objects on screen to their right

in Windows 10 Customization
    reflection of objects on screen to their right: [IMG]hi, i am currently having this problem nad can anyone tell me if this is a software problem or a monitor problem an di f so how can i fix this because this is really irritating to look at. thanks...
  9. failed to enumerate objects in container, access is denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    failed to enumerate objects in container, access is denied: I've gone through the steps that are supposed to allow me to delete a folder but when I get to this step: [img] The box at the top does not appear on my screen just the one at the bottom. Clicking the bottom box and continuing does not give me the permission I need to...
  10. Rearrange Quick Access Objects

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rearrange Quick Access Objects: I have added sever items to Quick Access and wonder if it is possible to re-arrange them to my liking. I can't drag them because it won't let me. Is there any way to do that? Thank you. 82746

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Error saving the document Untitled 2: Object not accessible. The object cannot be accessed due to insufficient user rights

2. windows 10 object not accessible insufficient user rights