Windows 10: Object: Searching for files from a certain Date Range in Windows 10 is no longer working on...

Discus and support Object: Searching for files from a certain Date Range in Windows 10 is no longer working on... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Problem description: A basic feature in Windows Explorer is the possibility to search for files from a certain date range. Example: Search for all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Phil_92_C, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Phil_92_C Win User

Object: Searching for files from a certain Date Range in Windows 10 is no longer working on...

Problem description:

A basic feature in Windows Explorer is the possibility to search for files from a certain date range.

Example: Search for all files modified between 10/12/2020 and 10/15/2020.

One way to do this is typing “Date” or ”Datemodified” in the Search field of WE.

When you click on “Date”, a calendar pops-up and enables you to specify the date or range of dates.

This feature worked well on my PC until latest automatic Windows Update on 16/10/2020 but doesn’t work anymore since the update.

The version of Windows now running on my PC is : Version 2004 operating system version 19041.572.

Did one of you face the same problem? Any idea on how to fix/overcome it?

:)

Phil_92_C, Oct 20, 2020

2. How to search for files in Windows 10 by date range

Hi, cbm_649. Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you, and I am here to work with you on this issue.

The article below describes exactly the steps you need to take to search for files from a certain date range in Windows 10:

https://www.howtogeek.com/243511/how-to-search-...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if that works for you, ok?

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Leonardo Penha Mesquita, Oct 20, 2020
  3. neilpzz Win User
    neilpzz, Oct 20, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Object: Searching for files from a certain Date Range in Windows 10 is no longer working on...

dalchina, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Object: Searching for files from a certain Date Range in Windows 10 is no longer working on... - Similar Threads - Object Searching files

2. Using File Explorer to search by date range

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using File Explorer to search by date range: I rarely use File Explorer because I find it one of the least user-friendly facilities I've ever come across. But now I need to search a folder and its sub-folders for all files created or modified between 2 particular dates. My experience thus far is:I want to search...
  3. Using File Explorer to search by date range

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using File Explorer to search by date range: I rarely use File Explorer because I find it one of the least user-friendly facilities I've ever come across. But now I need to search a folder and its sub-folders for all files created or modified between 2 particular dates. My experience thus far is:I want to search...
  4. Using File Explorer to search by date range

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to search by a date or date range in Windows Explorer

in Cortana
    Unable to search by a date or date range in Windows Explorer: We have a user who is unable to search by a date or date range in Windows Explorer. Searching by name returns results. This seems to have started after upgrading to 20H2. This appears to be profile specific We have tried running the troubleshooter, restarting the Search...
  6. How to search for files in Windows 10 by date range

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to search for files in Windows 10 by date range: Help, please... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-search-for-files-in-windows-10-by-date/74d4623c-6f47-4fe4-8b7b-9a34ed7bff50
  7. Date Range Searching By Date Created Stalled

in Windows 10 Support
    Date Range Searching By Date Created Stalled: I am having two problems from within the search tool. 1. I cannot change the default Date Modified to Date Created. 2. I cannot set an exact date range, say August 12,2018 to August 29, 2018. When I try to fine tune the date range File Explore crashes. Very vexing. So need...
  8. Date Range Searching By Date Created Stalled

in Windows 10 Support
    Date Range Searching By Date Created Stalled: I am having two problems from within the search tool. 1. I cannot change the default Date Modified to Date Created. 2. I cannot set an exact date range, say August 12,2018 to August 29, 2018. When I try to fine tune the date range File Explore crashes. Very vexing. So need...
  9. Search folder using a date range

in Windows 10 Support
    Search folder using a date range: This was DEAD EASY in windows 7. You had a drop down calendar. This simple process seems to be removed in windows 10. 129603
  10. Searching range of dates; a nightmare

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching range of dates; a nightmare: I am trying to find photos taken between two dates, following various advices. They could be located in more than one position. From the forementioned advice I am choosing to insert in the search box Code: datetaken:dd/mm/yyyy .. dd/mm/yyyy[/quote] . However, even though I...