Windows 10: Objects moving to 0.0001x to the side of the axis in 3D Builder

Discus and support Objects moving to 0.0001x to the side of the axis in 3D Builder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I seem to have a problem with 3D Builder where sometimes when I try to move an object to a precise co-ordinate, the app sometimes moves it a tiny... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Student678, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Objects moving to 0.0001x to the side of the axis in 3D Builder

I seem to have a problem with 3D Builder where sometimes when I try to move an object to a precise co-ordinate, the app sometimes moves it a tiny little bit to either side of the axis. For example, if I tried to move something to 817x, it would move to 817.0001x, and if I tried to change it back, it would just go to 816.9999x. Sometimes I have to move the object quite a distance just to get it to stop snapping to these annoying locations! Sometimes this happens when there is only one object.

My units are mm, and I've disabled snapping and collisions, even though I've had the latter enabled ONCE just to see what it would do. I really don't get why 3D Builder has to "correct" my work by adding or subtracting 0.0001 mm when beforehand it was just fine! Can someone please tell me what is happening and what I can do to stop it?

***Modified title from: 3D Builder Size/Position Problem***

:)

Student678, Apr 3, 2019
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Ferdz Amp, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Measuring objects in 3d builder

3d guru,

Thanks for your question. I'm an engineer on the 3D Builder team and I'd like to take a shot at answering your question.

Yes, measuring in 3D Builder is possible.

Currently in the app the tools for measuring are 1) the numbers representing of the dimension of the object(s) and 2) the build platform (the checkered grid that represents the ground/floor) x and y axis rulers.

I have tried to recreate what you described above in an attempt to show you how it would be possible.

First step is to make sure 3D Builder is using the units of measurement you are interested in. You can do this by hitting the file button and then the settings button:

Objects moving to 0.0001x to the side of the axis in 3D Builder 3d7f4000-d3bd-49db-8ca1-9a165d209b7d.png

Then select the units you want to use:

Objects moving to 0.0001x to the side of the axis in 3D Builder cb946056-5661-4a89-a023-3101ba5f73a9.png

Next I created the squares you described above. I selected the two squares you are trying to measure the distance between and put them up against one of the rulers on the build platform. From there I can get a rough idea of the distance between the two objects:

Objects moving to 0.0001x to the side of the axis in 3D Builder 7a7c8682-c967-4826-ad00-731b964ce316.png

Notice that the selected objects are also highlighted on the ruler on the build plate and because the units selected are in inches the marks on the ruler are also in inches. Using it we can see that the ruler marks add up to 3.5 inches.

I hope this helps.

Let us know if you have any other questions or feedback for 3D Builder.

Thanks!

CBGrant [MSFT], Apr 3, 2019
  4. Objects moving to 0.0001x to the side of the axis in 3D Builder

Object in Microsoft 3D Builder

Could you tell me how to make annotations if I want to show dimensions of the object in Microsoft 3D Builder?

I’d like to demonstrate the object with its size on a 3D viewer. Thank you.

PatriceLaporte, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Objects moving to 0.0001x to the side of the axis in 3D Builder

1. Objects moving to 0.0001x to the side of the axis in 3D Builder - Similar Threads - Objects moving 0001x

2. Measuring an object In 3d builder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Measuring an object In 3d builder: I have a ships hull in 3d builder imported from Delftship which is 460mm long. I want to split it into 3 pieces to fit on my printer. How can I split it so that each section is sized to the exact length?...
  3. Measuring an object In 3d builder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Measuring an object In 3d builder: I have a ships hull in 3d builder imported from Delftship which is 460mm long. I want to split it into 3 pieces to fit on my printer. How can I split it so that each section is sized to the exact length?...
  4. Measuring an object In 3d builder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 3D Builder Hollow Objects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Builder Hollow Objects: Hello, I Was using 3D Buider Recently And It Was Fine Until Suddenly 3D Builder Started Automaticcly Hollowing Random 3D Objects, Lokking Really Weird And Not Being Able To Texture Them. I Run The Latest Version Of Windows 10. Can Someone Explain What's Happening?...
  6. 3D Builder Hollow Objects

3D Builder Hollow Objects: Hello, I Was using 3D Buider Recently And It Was Fine Until Suddenly 3D Builder Started Automaticcly Hollowing Random 3D Objects, Lokking Really Weird And Not Being Able To Texture Them. I Run The Latest Version Of Windows 10. Can Someone Explain What's Happening?...
  7. 3D Builder Hollow Objects

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. 3d Builder object positioning question

3d Builder object positioning question: In 3d Builder, I'm trying to accurately position objects in relation to other objects. Clicking and dragging works to get it close, but to get it exact, I enter the X,Y,Z coordinates. For example, if I create a cube and position it at 0,0,0, does that position the center of...
  9. 3D Builder rotation axis names are backwards

3D Builder rotation axis names are backwards: In 3D Builder, to rotate in the X axis, the axis running left to right, one uses the Roll field. To rotate in the Y axis, the axis from the initial location off to the horizon, one uses the Pitch field. These are not aligned with aeronautical engineering, which predates 3D...
  10. Align Objects in 3D Builder

Align Objects in 3D Builder: Hello, i am wondering how to align objects in 3d builder exactly , e.g. different circles should have the same center Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/align-objects-in-3d-builder/0a5b8f12-d463-4e7b-8526-53607c3b2170