Windows 10: Oblytile alternative?

Discus and support Oblytile alternative? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As of yet, I have not seen an alternative to Oblytile for customizing desktop app tiles on the start menu (Oblytile does not work on 10) but if someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Drybonz, May 3, 2015.

1. Drybonz Win User

Oblytile alternative?

As of yet, I have not seen an alternative to Oblytile for customizing desktop app tiles on the start menu (Oblytile does not work on 10) but if someone happens to spot one, or knows about a working alternative, please post here.

Thank you very much.

:)

Drybonz, May 3, 2015
  2. TaurArian Win User

Windows 8.1 Start screen present in Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 copy keeping after we upgrade.

I don't work for MS.

From what I've researched, OblyTile doesn't work on Windows 10.

TaurArian, May 3, 2015
  3. _JimC_ Win User
    Widows 10 live tiles customize.

There is a utility to do this called OblyTile but it only works in Windows 8 - not Windows 10. So lots of pinned website tiles now with the e logo as you've shown.

_JimC_, May 3, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Oblytile alternative?

What I saw is the program is only for Win8 and Win8.1. Have you contacted them to see if it will be made available for Win10? Could be they are waiting for the final/released version of Win10, quite normal as test/BETA/Preview versions are not stable enough for most software publishers to risk breakage.

Berton, May 3, 2015
  5. Drybonz Win User
    Yes, it was for Windows 8. No, he does not think he will be able to update it for Windows 10. Looking for an alternative.

Drybonz, May 4, 2015
  6. AlanWade Win User
    This any good to you?

AlanWade, May 4, 2015
  7. Drybonz Win User
    Thanks for the link. Good to know about that app.

Oblytile acutally lets you change the color and use a .png icon of your choice... total customization of the tiles. I don't know of an alternative, but since Oblytile isn't compatible maybe someone else will make a nice customization tool. Probably just a matter of time.

Would be great if MS would let us use .png as well as .ico in the year 2015.

Drybonz, May 10, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

Oblytile alternative?

Edwin, May 10, 2015
  9. BEK
    BeK Win User
    This is unfortunate as I used OblyTile all the time and now I have a ton of personally customized icon that are useless now...

10. kunlan Win User
    kunlan, Jul 29, 2015
  11. I'm NOT upgrading to Windows10 without Obilytile working again...
    Also the new Start Screen in Windows10 looks terrible...
    The Start Menu looks alright but I prefer start screen cause it looks better and cleaner in my opinion...
    They should have kept start screen the same as an option for win8 users who grew acustome to it... =(

DreamyAbaddon, Aug 1, 2015
  12. vairish Win User
    Tried it, didn't work *Sad

vairish, Aug 1, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

Oblytile alternative?

OblyTile not working in Windows 10 is disappointing.

However, more often than not, I've used the Start 'Screen' for nothing more than Music, and it looks and works excellent with 'Groove Music'
    Pin the 'albums' to the Start Screen/Menu and launch the music to play from there straight away!

Oblytile alternative? [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 1, 2015
  14. BEK
    BeK Win User
    This ONLY applies to the music software in which you are referring to though, am I right?

15. Edwin New Member
    Yes, only through the Groove Music App.

Edwin, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Oblytile alternative?

1. Oblytile alternative? - Similar Threads - Oblytile alternative

2. Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair: IF, for whatever reason, it is necessary to repair the Win11 OS MCT Media Creation Tool can, certainly, be used. But, since the Moment 5 update, KB5034765, back in mid-February, this can be done from within the OS... without fetching or using MCT.> Settings > System >...
  3. Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair: IF, for whatever reason, it is necessary to repair the Win11 OS MCT Media Creation Tool can, certainly, be used. But, since the Moment 5 update, KB5034765, back in mid-February, this can be done from within the OS... without fetching or using MCT.> Settings > System >...
  4. Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?: Linux is an amazing open source operating system and with more people migrating from microsoft to linux the linux apps and softwares will grow and we can leave microsofts **** **** behind....
  5. Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?

Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?: Linux is an amazing open source operating system and with more people migrating from microsoft to linux the linux apps and softwares will grow and we can leave microsofts **** **** behind....
  6. Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop: I'm trying to find out if there is an alternative wireless adapter that can successfully replace my Qualcomm Atheros wireless adapter in my old Acer laptop. They stopped making updates for this driver in 2016. I've been to the Qualcomm website and they have removed the old...
  7. Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop

Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop: I'm trying to find out if there is an alternative wireless adapter that can successfully replace my Qualcomm Atheros wireless adapter in my old Acer laptop. They stopped making updates for this driver in 2016. I've been to the Qualcomm website and they have removed the old...
  8. Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?: I noticed a few days ago that the lock screen on my laptop no longer has alternating beautiful scenery images, but it's now old-school Microsoft-looking backgrounds. Is this happening to everyone since the update? Also, there were options to like or dislike the photos and...
  10. What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?: I noticed a few days ago that the lock screen on my laptop no longer has alternating beautiful scenery images, but it's now old-school Microsoft-looking backgrounds. Is this happening to everyone since the update? Also, there were options to like or dislike the photos and...