Windows 10: OBS Captures black screen for webcam

Discus and support OBS Captures black screen for webcam in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This problem also occurs in safe boot mode. There are no updates for any camera drivers and no available windows updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmericanPatriot6f0, Aug 18, 2020.

1. OBS Captures black screen for webcam

This problem also occurs in safe boot mode. There are no updates for any camera drivers and no available windows updates.

:)

AmericanPatriot6f0, Aug 18, 2020

2. OBS Captures black screen for webcam

The camera works with other programs, just not OBS

AmericanPatriot6f0, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

OBS Captures black screen for webcam

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

OBS Captures black screen for webcam

1. OBS Captures black screen for webcam - Similar Threads - OBS Captures black

2. My Webcam only works in OBS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Webcam only works in OBS.: I just got a Lifecam 3000 hd and it works fine with OBS, the resolution is very small though. not hd at allWhen using discord or websites where i can select the camera it just shows up as black.It works when i use it via OBS in Discord but its annoying to always activate the...
  3. My Webcam only works in OBS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Webcam only works in OBS.: I just got a Lifecam 3000 hd and it works fine with OBS, the resolution is very small though. not hd at allWhen using discord or websites where i can select the camera it just shows up as black.It works when i use it via OBS in Discord but its annoying to always activate the...
  4. My Webcam only works in OBS.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Webcam only works in OBS.: I just got a Lifecam 3000 hd and it works fine with OBS, the resolution is very small though.When using discord or websites where i can select the camera it just shows up as black.It works when i use it via OBS in Discord but its annoying to always activate the camera in a...
  5. BLACK SCREEN XBOX GAME CAPTURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLACK SCREEN XBOX GAME CAPTURE: So I had one of my best gameplay in Valorant, so I decided to screen record my gameplay. Not whole game just clipping it every important moments. It work fine yesterday so I just clip it anyways without checking, NOW I GOT JUST AUDIO WITH BLACK SCREEN. WHAT IS HAPPENING. If...
  6. BLACK SCREEN XBOX GAME CAPTURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLACK SCREEN XBOX GAME CAPTURE: So I had one of my best gameplay in Valorant, so I decided to screen record my gameplay. Not whole game just clipping it every important moments. It work fine yesterday so I just clip it anyways without checking, NOW I GOT JUST AUDIO WITH BLACK SCREEN. WHAT IS HAPPENING. If...
  7. BLACK SCREEN XBOX GAME CAPTURE

8. BLACK SCREEN XBOX GAME CAPTURE

9. Fix OBS Game capture black screen on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix OBS Game capture black screen on Windows 11/10: [IMG]In this post, we’ll talk about different solutions you can try if the OBS Game captures a black screen on your Windows 11/10 PC. OBS Studio is a popular video streaming and recording application. It is used to record games and stream them online on different platforms...
  10. Black screen in webcam

Black screen in webcam: Good day! I am the owner of a laptop MSI GL73 8RC. There are no problems, for lack of one, in the built-in Windows applications, like Skype, the camera, instead of the image I get a black screen (although the indicator on the webcam lights up), and in the application the...