Windows 10: OBS Frame output issue

Discus and support OBS Frame output issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, so lately I've come across a very weird and frustrating bug that for the life of me I really can't find a solution, I have asked the OBS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by anthrax2471, May 6, 2019.

1. OBS Frame output issue

Hey guys, so lately I've come across a very weird and frustrating bug that for the life of me I really can't find a solution, I have asked the OBS Official forums for help to no avail, so I thought someone here may have experienced the issue or have a solution?

So whenever I am playing a game and streaming, My gameplay is buttery smooth, I get well over 100fps on most titles but the FPS OBS is sending to stream (Twitch) keeps dropping/fluctuating which leads to the viewers seeing very choppy pixelated gameplay yet on my screen it's smooth.

Now here's the weird part, if I disable my webcam in OBS (it's a Logitech c920 if that helps) it fixes the issue, I highly doubt it's an CPU issue I hit around 70% when streaming on BFV with a Ryzen 1800x @4GHZ below are the things I have tried to fix to no avail.

Uninstalled OBS and reinstalled
    Uninstalled/reinstalled Logitech Webcam drivers
    I always the NVENC Encoder I have tried switching to the x264 to no avail just more cpu usage
    Updated sound drivers
    Tried multiple webcam settings within OBS and Logitech
    Tried different resolutions for the webcam (I mainly use 1280x720 even though it's a 1080p cam)
    Played with the Bitrate of my stream, I usually use 5000 (5mb)

:)

anthrax2471, May 6, 2019

2. I have been having problem with OBS that won't run, I get the "could not initialize DirectX 10"

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us.

To assist you better I would like to know, are you facing this issue only with the OBS application?

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the application and check if that helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on Programs and features, locate for OBS premiere, right click on it and
      uninstall it.
    If the issue still persist, I would best if you contact OBS support team for further assistance.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows in future, let us know and will be happy to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 6, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 6, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

OBS Frame output issue

5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 6, 2019
Thema:

OBS Frame output issue

1. OBS Frame output issue - Similar Threads - OBS Frame output

2. Audio Interference Issue with Streamlabs OBS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Interference Issue with Streamlabs OBS: I have a specific situation; I just formatted my PC with Windows 11. My input device, a headset connected to the 3.5mm jack, is recognized, and I can hear through it. However, when detecting the microphone, it recognizes it too low, at most 2% of the total volume according to...
  3. Audio Interference Issue with Streamlabs OBS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Interference Issue with Streamlabs OBS: I have a specific situation; I just formatted my PC with Windows 11. My input device, a headset connected to the 3.5mm jack, is recognized, and I can hear through it. However, when detecting the microphone, it recognizes it too low, at most 2% of the total volume according to...
  4. Audio Output Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Output Issues: I have recently bought a new windows 11 gaming pc which was working fine until yesterday. When using my headphones I'm having issues where the audio is partially becoming muffled. It seems the problem appeared after unplugging my headphones with my computer turned off and...
  5. Audio Output Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Output Issues: I have recently bought a new windows 11 gaming pc which was working fine until yesterday. When using my headphones I'm having issues where the audio is partially becoming muffled. It seems the problem appeared after unplugging my headphones with my computer turned off and...
  6. OBS Studio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OBS Studio: When other people install OBS studio it installs to the program files in there C drive. But when I do it, it is locked away in the Program data. And when I go to my graphics settings and click browse, you cant enter your program data. Basically I'm trying to fix the blacks...
  7. obs setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    obs setup: Hi,Can anyone here help me out on some obs issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/obs-setup/c6ec6918-6ab3-4b03-8c7a-a2ff3983ba2b
  8. Obs Xbox

in Windows 10 Customization
    Obs Xbox: So my husband use to have a crappy laptop he could use obs for twitch and his Xbox. But it was laggy. So I bought him a new laptop rayzen7 dell. and a new Xbox one x. He downloaded obs and the Xbox app. And has tried many many things and only the layouts show up and a...
  9. Audio output issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio output issue: So I've recently encountered this issue where, when i have something plugged into the headphone jack it works fine, but when its coming out of my laptop (HP Pavillion 15-cw1042au) the sound works for about half a second then goes really quiet, even on vlc media player witht...
  10. Frame rate issue.......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frame rate issue.......: So I,ve just build a gaming pc with the Aorus z390 Xtreme Waterforce motherboard, Intel Core i9 9900k 3.6GHZ 16MB processor chip and the Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11G Waterforce Extreme. DirectX 12 as well as all the latest drivers are installed. When I attempt to play a game, ie...