Windows 10: Obscure Message and Crashing MS Office 2016 Apps

Discus and support Obscure Message and Crashing MS Office 2016 Apps in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Whenever I try to use any app of my Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 suite -- together with Windows 10 Pro Version 1803, OS Build 17134.191 --... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Ximocat, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Ximocat Win User

Obscure Message and Crashing MS Office 2016 Apps

Whenever I try to use any app of my Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 suite -- together with Windows 10 Pro Version 1803, OS Build 17134.191 -- the following error message is displayed: "We're sorry, but ____ has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. ____ will need to be closed as a result. Would you like us to repair now?"
    Activating the displayed "Repair" button will start a program (i.e., OUTLOOK), but it will crash a short while thereafter.
    The "Repair" button under Programs and Features > right click on the Office installation does nothing other than displaying the following message: "Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed" forever and ever...
    I also uninstalled and re-installed subject Office application and ended up with exactly the same exasperating problem*Huh
    Please help! Thank you.

:)

Ximocat, Jul 30, 2018

2. MS office 2016 standard complete removal.

Thank for your suggest.

i have already done with this step. After done this, system remain showing all Office 2016 application and still opening.

Regards

Yogesha naik

YogeshaNaik, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Palcouk Win User
    Office 2016 programs are not grouped under Microsoft Office 2016

Under win10 both in Office 2013 & 2016 the individual components have always been listed Alphabetically

The only MS Office entry was for Office Tools

Palcouk, Jul 30, 2018
  4. pavithran Win User

Help with office 2016

"To register Adodb.dll in the GAC, follow these steps:
    • Click Start and then click Run.
    • In the Run dialog box, type the following command, and then click OK: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\gacutil /i C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies\adodb.dll"

Typing the first command as mentioned in the site gets me this message. What do i do now??
    Obscure Message and Crashing MS Office 2016 Apps [​IMG]

pavithran, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Obscure Message and Crashing MS Office 2016 Apps - Similar Threads - Obscure Message Crashing

2. MS Office 2016 apps not responding after 10 seconds of use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Office 2016 apps not responding after 10 seconds of use.: After a recent windows update none of my office apps are working. I used the ms chat support and he advised me to download the DISK ISO and perform an in place upgrade. While doing that, the checking for updates is stuck on 46%. i tried to redo the process and it still got...
  3. MS Office 2016 apps not responding after 10 seconds of use.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Office 2016 apps not responding after 10 seconds of use.: After a recent windows update none of my office apps are working. I used the ms chat support and he advised me to download the DISK ISO and perform an in place upgrade. While doing that, the checking for updates is stuck on 46%. i tried to redo the process and it still got...
  4. Purchase Ms Office 2016 Professional

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Purchase Ms Office 2016 Professional: Friends computer hard drive died. Replaced it with an ssd, installed Win10 and now I need Ms Office 2016 Professional. There's a million listings with prices all over the board. I never liked buying software from just anyone but the company I have used for years has exited...
  5. Uninstalling MS Office 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling MS Office 2016: While doing a manual uninstall of MS Office 2016, one of the steps talks about a folder "MSOCache" being in the root folder of my hard drive. I did not see such a folder on my hard drive. Should the folder be there if OFFICE were still installed/buried somewhere in the...
  6. MS Office 2016

MS Office 2016: Where can I download Office Pro Plus 2016. I Have it and have Key for it but takes a long time to download. want to have Disk Image of it. 140675
  7. MS office Excel 2016

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS office Excel 2016: How do I apply a new Theme Font to existing workbooks created with another Theme so that all fonts are changed to the new Theme? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-excel-2016/1465ff54-f342-4038-85bf-30d61a970d98
  8. MS Office 2016 installation problems

MS Office 2016 installation problems: Hello, I'm running a PC with Windows 10 64-bit installed. I purchased a new copy of Microsoft Office 2016 to upgrade the installed Microsoft Office 2007. I think I made a mistake of not first uninstalling Office 2007 before installation of Office 2016 as ended up running...
  9. Buying MS Office Home & Business 2016...

Buying MS Office Home & Business 2016...: Hi I'm in the process of configuring a new Win 10 laptop from Dell and buying the MS Office package from them seems a bit steep here in UK. I have found a few places online that sell the MS Office Home & Business package but have reservations due to possible...
  10. MS Office 2003 and 2016 on same laptop

MS Office 2003 and 2016 on same laptop: I have been using MS Office 2003 for many years but I have been convinced for security reasons to upgrade to a newer version. So I bought a 2016. My question now is: Do I have to uninstall 2003 before installing 2016? I ask because if I don't like 2016 I intend to revert to...