Windows 10: Observations and Experience of a CUSTOMER

Discus and support Observations and Experience of a CUSTOMER in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Let's get the obvious things out of the way. About six 6 years ago I created a Microsoft account using my then-current email. About 4 years ago I got... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MJohns, May 7, 2022.

1. MJohns Win User

Observations and Experience of a CUSTOMER

Let's get the obvious things out of the way. About six 6 years ago I created a Microsoft account using my then-current email. About 4 years ago I got hacked and had to change email my address. At that time Microsoft would not let me change the name of my account and said I needed to delete my hacked account and create a new one. Because there are so many other accounts tied to my Microsoft account they use Microsoft to verify you, I left the Microsoft account as it was but only used my new email address Even my computers were 'managed' by my old Microsoft account name. That included the

:)

MJohns, May 7, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Shared Experiences

Hi,

Shared Experiences allow you to start a task on one device and finish it on another, or easily set up a remote control or other companion apps on a smartphone. If you don’t want to use the feature, we suggest that you disable it. Kindly follow these steps
    below:

• Click
      Start.
    • Select
      Settings.
    • Click
      System.
    • Select the Shared experiences link on the left-hand side. Here you will see a switch that lets you toggle the Share across devices feature to the On or Off position.
    • Enable it then restart your computer.
    • Go again to Shared Experiences in Settings app, and disable it completely.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 7, 2022
  3. Shared Experience

Hello Zyxian,

If Shared Experience was turned off and still the message keeps coming up without you signing in to your Microsoft account, we recommend that you sign in to your account; turn it off, then check if the issue persists. If the issue persists, kindly roll back
    to the previous build. It will be best if you check the OS build by following the steps below.

• Open Settings.
    • Click Update & History, under Update status, select Update history.
    • Check the OS Build; then look for the parallel OS Build to install
      here
    • Reinstall Creators Update.

Observe if the same scenario persists.

Let us know if the solution works.

Vanessa Oca, May 7, 2022
  4. Zyxian Win User

Shared Experience

Vanessa,

I don't want to sign in. That is the point. I use a local account on my computer. I shouldn't have to log in to tell it not to use Shared Experience. Shared Experience is not looking at the setting that it is off.

I've just been ignoring it. Looking at it as another update fail.

Zyxian, May 7, 2022
Thema:

1. Observations and Experience of a CUSTOMER - Similar Threads - Observations Experience CUSTOMER

2. Worst customer service experience ever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Worst customer service experience ever: My account got locked for violating the terms of service. I'm not sure what I did but I promise you, I wasn't trying to break the rules. I may have been hacked and surprisingly, I was able to reset the password without an act of congress. So, I called the customer service...
  3. Worst customer service experience ever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Worst customer service experience ever: My account got locked for violating the terms of service. I'm not sure what I did but I promise you, I wasn't trying to break the rules. I may have been hacked and surprisingly, I was able to reset the password without an act of congress. So, I called the customer service...
  4. Observations and Experience of a CUSTOMER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Observations and Experience of a CUSTOMER: Let's get the obvious things out of the way. About six 6 years ago I created a Microsoft account using my then-current email. About 4 years ago I got hacked and had to change email my address. At that time Microsoft would not let me change the name of my account and said I...
  5. Observations and Experience of a CUSTOMER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Observations and Experience of a CUSTOMER: Let's get the obvious things out of the way. About six 6 years ago I created a Microsoft account using my then-current email. About 4 years ago I got hacked and had to change email my address. At that time Microsoft would not let me change the name of my account and said I...
  6. Office 365 Customer Experience and Telemetry Dashboard

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 Customer Experience and Telemetry Dashboard: Office 365 has Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) and Telemetry Dashboard Log. Are these features enabled by default? If so, do I need them enabled or can I turn them off? I am pretty sure they can be disabled in the group policy editor and/or registry editor....
  7. stop logoff due to Customer Experience Program

in Windows 10 Support
    stop logoff due to Customer Experience Program: Hi all, I have a headless Windows 10 Pro system that needs to stay logged in and running at all times. Used to work fine. Not sure if an update changed things or what. Keep getting logoff and find the following in event log: Event 7002, Winlogon User logoff notification for...
  8. Observation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Observation.: *Kill Hi all. i am not sure about your good selves,however, for my part I dread microsoft updates arriving! Having started back in the days of DOS and gradually progessed via the Microsoft chain of dross via W97,W97 second edition,good old XP, Vista, wonderful Windows 7,...
  9. Interesting Observation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Interesting Observation: I reserved a copy of Win10 Upgrade for a Win8.1 Pro and on 7/30/15 files were downloaded but I delayed installing. Today I started it from the GWX icon in the Notification Area but to my surprise the $Windows.~BT Folder dated 7/30/15 [with files of 7/30/15] was gone and the...
  10. More observations

in Windows 10 Support
    More observations: Just installed 10049 and it only took 3 hours or so. It seems better than 10041 thus far. The only way to get this update was by joining the FAST ring. The biggie for me is that it installed the Hi Def Audio for the chipset (OK - I forgot to disable onboard *Sad first). It...