Windows 10: Obsolete email address in Office 365 account

Discus and support Obsolete email address in Office 365 account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently set up an Outlook.com account for my wife. Somehow in the process, it connected to an obsolete email address. When I add the Outlook email... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RandyGolden, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Obsolete email address in Office 365 account

I recently set up an Outlook.com account for my wife. Somehow in the process, it connected to an obsolete email address. When I add the Outlook email address to Outlook, it connects to and displays the old email address and connects to all the old data files. And the old address also shows on her Office 365 account as well. I want to delete all references to the old address but have been frustrated at every turn. Any suggestions?

:)

RandyGolden, Aug 23, 2021
  2. scopio Win User

Office 365 Outlook email accounts

The reason I am asking these questions are that two individuals are buying two new laptops and would like to share one Microsoft Office 365 Personal.
    A has a subscription to Microsoft Office 365 Personal already and wants to share the same account with B.
    I have installed Microsoft Office 365 Personal in a second pc B and when launching Outlook all my email accounts from A were loaded. So, I cannot figure out how to install Microsoft Office 365 Personal in a second pc so that my email accounts A are not loaded.
    This raises more questions for me.
    1. So this
      • User A installs and activates O365 on User B's laptop
      • User B adds his / her email accounts to Outlook
      would not apply to Microsoft Office 365 Personal as it breaches the licence agreement?
    2. Am I correct?
    3. If it does apply how can I install Microsoft Office 365 Personal in a second pc so that my email accounts A are not loaded, and I can only add B email account on the second pc?
    4. Would B be able to access A OneDrive?
    5. Or would B have a separate 1TB free space in One drive, or only the free 5GB or none at all?
    6. And most importantly is this even legal or in breach of contract as Microsoft Office 365 Personal is for one user only?

scopio, Aug 23, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Office 365 Outlook email accounts

O365 Personal cannot be shared. It can be installed on unlimited number of devices, but it must be activated with the same subscriber Microsoft account on each device.

Extract from Office 365 subscriptions - On how many devices can Office be installed:

However, the activation Microsoft account email does not have to be added to Outlook. A fully valid and functional example:
    • User A subscribes to O365 Personal
    • User A installs and activates O365 on his / her laptop
    • User A adds his / her email accounts to Outlook
    • User A installs and activates O365 on User B's laptop
    • User B adds his / her email accounts to Outlook
    The point is, that the O365 Personal subscriber email is required to activate Office on each device, but it don't have to be added to Outlook. In above example, both User A and User B add only their own email accounts to Outlook, and cannot see each other's accounts and emails.

Exactly.

4. Obsolete email address in Office 365 account

Office 365 for students

Its possible you need to download the software install files from the schools website if you purchased it through the school.

• Please uninstall any Office trial versions on your device before installing Office 365 Education.
    • Open the Microsoft Office 365 Web site.
    • On the Office in education screen, enter your IT Account NetID, followed by <university email
      address>
      and click Get Started.
    • Select I'm a student on the next page. You will be sent an email with instructions.
    • Follow the steps in the email. It is recommended that you use the same password as you use for other
      University services.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

Obsolete email address in Office 365 account

1. Obsolete email address in Office 365 account - Similar Threads - Obsolete email address

2. Deleting obsolete contact email addresses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting obsolete contact email addresses: I have deleted out-of-date email addresses for my contacts in outlook.live.com but they still show up as options in the autocomplete both here and in the Windows app. For example, I now have 6 addresses to wade through on the autocomplete for my husband no delete buttons...
  3. Deleting obsolete contact email addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting obsolete contact email addresses: I have deleted out-of-date email addresses for my contacts in outlook.live.com but they still show up as options in the autocomplete both here and in the Windows app. For example, I now have 6 addresses to wade through on the autocomplete for my husband no delete buttons...
  4. Associate new email address with paid Office 365 subscription

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Associate new email address with paid Office 365 subscription: I have recently subscribed to Office 365 family and was using my own plusnet email address. However I could not get my plusnet address to work with outlook and plusnet are discontinuing their email service soon anyway. So I decided to set up a new outlook email address....
  5. Associate new email address with paid Office 365 subscription

Associate new email address with paid Office 365 subscription: I have recently subscribed to Office 365 family and was using my own plusnet email address. However I could not get my plusnet address to work with outlook and plusnet are discontinuing their email service soon anyway. So I decided to set up a new outlook email address....
  6. Associate new email address with paid Office 365 subscription

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Underscores in email address. postmaster changed to office 365

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Underscores in email address. postmaster changed to office 365: I can no longer send emails to address that has an underscore in it. The postmaster that can't find the address and denies the message has changed to office 365 I don't have office 365 on my computer or use it The same thing happens on my mobile phone...
  8. how-to-delete-an-obsolete-or-incorrect-email address

how-to-delete-an-obsolete-or-incorrect-email address: Has Microsoft found a solution to this problem: How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community ie stop names appearing in the 'To' field when writing an email? Thanks...
  9. Ctrl-Click on an email address in Word opens the Add an Account dialogue in Office 365...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl-Click on an email address in Word opens the Add an Account dialogue in Office 365...: I have a laptop running Windows 10 and Office 365. There are two user accounts which are both mine. In one of the user accounts if I Ctrl-Click an email address in Word, it goes straight to Outlook and opens a new email window. In the other account if I do the same thing it...
  10. Office 365 Outlook email accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 Outlook email accounts: I have a subsciption to Micrrosoft Office Personal and wish to install it in a second pc (my wifes pc) but I do not wish my Outlook email account to be seen in my wifes laptop and I do not wish to see my wife's Outlook emails on my pc. If I share my Office 365 Personal...