Windows 10: Obsolete email connected to MS Account for Windows 10

Discus and support Obsolete email connected to MS Account for Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have two different users set up on my Windows 10 laptop. They are both administrators, and both are me. But the first one is connected to an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Silkrip, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Silkrip Win User

Obsolete email connected to MS Account for Windows 10

I have two different users set up on my Windows 10 laptop. They are both administrators, and both are me. But the first one is connected to an obsolete email attached to its MS Account, and I keep getting annoying messages telling me to fix my MS Account issue on the machine. If I use the other account, I no longer have access to many of the documents that I created on the first account, so that's not a good option. I need to change the email associated with the first user, but MS prevents me from doing that because they insist on sending a verification code to the old

:)

Silkrip, Jun 21, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jun 21, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

My Insider account email/windows account it linked to my Windows 10 log in. If that's what you mean.

LightningJR, Jun 21, 2021
  4. FiiLeTe Win User

Window 10 Auto-Logon (Hotmail/MS Account)

Hello everyone!

So, i've updated my PC to Windows 10 and i have a little problem.

Anyone knows how to auto-logon without asking for password using Hotmail/MS Account? I i've already tried the trick using "netplwiz" from Windows 8 wich always worked totally, and in Win10 it just does not work, it keeps asking me for password...

Anyone knows how to bypass this without having to create a local account?

Cheers.

FiiLeTe, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Obsolete email connected to MS Account for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Obsolete email connected

2. Can't connect account to email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't connect account to email: I was not receiving any mail in my email inbox so I deleted the account and tried to read it. Now I can't add an account; it says "Something went wrong We're sorry but we weren't able to do that. Error code : 0x80004005....
  3. iCloud email not connecting to MS Mail app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    iCloud email not connecting to MS Mail app?: I've done some research and i'm making sure i get an app-generated password from my iCloud account but it's still not working for me. I'm getting an "attention needed" message and when i hit "fix" it tells me to enter the password, so I'm assuming it's not accepting it? Has...
  4. Alternate email account for MS troubles

in Browsers and Email
    Alternate email account for MS troubles: I've had trouble with my Thunderbird email client not being able to receive messages from my POP email account starting November 25*. Fed up, I went to the websites of a few businesses I visit and changed my email from <username>@verizon.net to <username>@email.com and had...
  5. how-to-delete-an-obsolete-or-incorrect-email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how-to-delete-an-obsolete-or-incorrect-email address: Has Microsoft found a solution to this problem: How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community ie stop names appearing in the 'To' field when writing an email? Thanks...
  6. Obsolete email on my Windows signin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Obsolete email on my Windows signin: I sign in to Windows every morning with my email address, which is the same one as I use for my account here on microsoft.com. The email address is on my own domain, which I'll be closing by the end of the year. I'd like to change the login on my home computers as well as...
  7. MS Store and dead email account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store and dead email account: I want to download a free app, CSV Viewer and the store only puts up an old dead email account for me to log in with , even if I am already logged in with my real email address. I cannot find away round this and I DO NOT want to create a new account. I have no idea what to do...
  8. Connecting devices with MS account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Connecting devices with MS account: I am trying to download an app from the MS store, but it says I do not have any applicable device linked to my MS account. I have had this laptop with MS Windows 10 for two years. How do I connect it to my account?...
  9. Connection to MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connection to MS account: Good morning, the connection with my Microsoft account is no longer made: the error in Microsoft Store, office 2016 and in windows 10 is the same: too many tries with this product. Please note that I have no issues on the websites : i'm connected here with the account I...
  10. W10 connections FROM and TO Ms accounts (Mix of LOCAL and MS accounts)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 connections FROM and TO Ms accounts (Mix of LOCAL and MS accounts): Hi there Using SIMPLE / standard File sharing connections and all computers in the LAN on the same network name e.g WORKGROUP. confusion seems rife over what user names to use when connecting to SHARES TO or FROM a machine logged on with an MS account from a machine...