Windows 10: Obsolete email on my Windows signin

Discus and support Obsolete email on my Windows signin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I sign in to Windows every morning with my email address, which is the same one as I use for my account here on microsoft.com. The email address is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Eddie in Connecticut, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Obsolete email on my Windows signin

I sign in to Windows every morning with my email address, which is the same one as I use for my account here on microsoft.com.

The email address is on my own domain, which I'll be closing by the end of the year. I'd like to change the login on my home computers as well as on microsoft.com. Can I just go ahead and change it on microsoft.com and my PCs will follow? If so, how long, more or less, does that take? I expect there's a brief period of being a nonexistent guy while this happens.

Or is there a separate process for synchronizing the home PCs with my Microsoft account?

I apologize if this question has been answered. The only search hits I found that even came close were from 2015, and things have probably changed since then.

Thanks.

- Eddie

:)

Eddie in Connecticut, Nov 4, 2020

2. How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 Mail

Hi Nyima Yonten , I do
    Agree with CindyBaudhu - (Issue not resolved).
    The obsolete contact do not appear in People app but lists in TO List as we type the name, for both obsolete and new entry. Unless one is careful not to choose the right email id, obsolete email id gets selected. for instance, shruthi.r(now obsolete) gets
    listed along with r.shruthi(renamed by company from shruthi.r), as the old email id already looked saved in outlook database somewhere(?) on the local hard drive(?). This obsolete older entry popping up in the TO Line writing new emails needs deletion. Is
    there a way I could do this ?

Sreekanth Mallela, Nov 4, 2020
  3. How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 Mail

Obsolete email on my Windows signin a0c325a4-6c1e-4f41-be75-d9f997f36ae3.jpg

Sreekanth Mallela, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Obsolete email on my Windows signin

How to you delete obsolete email addresses in Windows Mail?

I see the email address when I start to compose a new message and when I type in a letter into the "To" box, Windows Mail lists all the email addresses that start with that letter. In that group are generally some obsolete email addresses.

NicholasCacchione, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Obsolete email on my Windows signin

1. Obsolete email on my Windows signin - Similar Threads - Obsolete email signin

2. Obsolete Primary Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Obsolete Primary Email: I originally created my Microsoft account many, many years ago using my current email address which was through sympatico.ca. When I cancelled my services with Sympatico, I provided an alternate email address the one I still use. However, every time I have to authenticate or...
  3. Obsolete Primary Email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Obsolete Primary Email: I originally created my Microsoft account many, many years ago using my current email address which was through sympatico.ca. When I cancelled my services with Sympatico, I provided an alternate email address the one I still use. However, every time I have to authenticate or...
  4. Deleting obsolete contact email addresses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting obsolete contact email addresses: I have deleted out-of-date email addresses for my contacts in outlook.live.com but they still show up as options in the autocomplete both here and in the Windows app. For example, I now have 6 addresses to wade through on the autocomplete for my husband no delete buttons...
  5. Deleting obsolete contact email addresses

Deleting obsolete contact email addresses: I have deleted out-of-date email addresses for my contacts in outlook.live.com but they still show up as options in the autocomplete both here and in the Windows app. For example, I now have 6 addresses to wade through on the autocomplete for my husband no delete buttons...
  6. Obsolete email address in Office 365 account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Obsolete email address in Office 365 account: I recently set up an Outlook.com account for my wife. Somehow in the process, it connected to an obsolete email address. When I add the Outlook email address to Outlook, it connects to and displays the old email address and connects to all the old data files. And the old...
  7. Obsolete email connected to MS Account for Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Obsolete email connected to MS Account for Windows 10: I have two different users set up on my Windows 10 laptop. They are both administrators, and both are me. But the first one is connected to an obsolete email attached to its MS Account, and I keep getting annoying messages telling me to fix my MS Account issue on the...
  8. how-to-delete-an-obsolete-or-incorrect-email address

how-to-delete-an-obsolete-or-incorrect-email address: Has Microsoft found a solution to this problem: How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community ie stop names appearing in the 'To' field when writing an email? Thanks...
  9. OBSOLETE PHONE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OBSOLETE PHONE: How can I remove an old obsolete mobile from my windows settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/obsolete-phone/79663490-6908-49e9-a021-04afcf1b1a33
  10. signin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    signin: tried to login but wouldn't accept password, got code for for p/w but says can't use p/w I want because it's an old p/w. l've only ever used 1 p/w, so why can't l signin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signin/e4cdc405-8c86-48a2-99a8-42c3ea955bd6