Windows 10: Obsolete email preventing me from using any admin tools

Discus and support Obsolete email preventing me from using any admin tools in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an issue that I have not found asked on the forum. I'm trying to use my computer for the first time in a while. The account is connected to an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Harris McCloud, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Obsolete email preventing me from using any admin tools

I have an issue that I have not found asked on the forum.

I'm trying to use my computer for the first time in a while. The account is connected to an email that is now obsolete. When I attempt to use any Admin tools I'm getting the User Account Control dialog but because the account is connected to a yahoo email address which was closed during the big Yahoo attack a while back the password I'm using doesn't work.

I cannot create a new user admin account to change the password on the other accounts on this PC (as I've read in many other forum chats related to user account password issues) to change the email obsolete email to another email.

There's nothing on the dialog to use an alternative method to get past this issue. Apparently it's a certificate issue but because of the obsolete email issue I'm stuck.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, is it possible to forward any responses to my new email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...thanks!!!

:)

Harris McCloud, Nov 24, 2018

2. How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 Mail

Hi Nyima Yonten , I do
    Agree with CindyBaudhu - (Issue not resolved).
    The obsolete contact do not appear in People app but lists in TO List as we type the name, for both obsolete and new entry. Unless one is careful not to choose the right email id, obsolete email id gets selected. for instance, shruthi.r(now obsolete) gets
    listed along with r.shruthi(renamed by company from shruthi.r), as the old email id already looked saved in outlook database somewhere(?) on the local hard drive(?). This obsolete older entry popping up in the TO Line writing new emails needs deletion. Is
    there a way I could do this ?

Sreekanth Mallela, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Obsolete email preventing me from using any admin tools

How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 Mail

Obsolete email preventing me from using any admin tools a0c325a4-6c1e-4f41-be75-d9f997f36ae3.jpg

Sreekanth Mallela, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Obsolete email preventing me from using any admin tools

1. Obsolete email preventing me from using any admin tools - Similar Threads - Obsolete email preventing

2. Obsolete Primary Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Obsolete Primary Email: I originally created my Microsoft account many, many years ago using my current email address which was through sympatico.ca. When I cancelled my services with Sympatico, I provided an alternate email address the one I still use. However, every time I have to authenticate or...
  3. Obsolete Primary Email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Obsolete Primary Email: I originally created my Microsoft account many, many years ago using my current email address which was through sympatico.ca. When I cancelled my services with Sympatico, I provided an alternate email address the one I still use. However, every time I have to authenticate or...
  4. Deleting obsolete contact email addresses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting obsolete contact email addresses: I have deleted out-of-date email addresses for my contacts in outlook.live.com but they still show up as options in the autocomplete both here and in the Windows app. For example, I now have 6 addresses to wade through on the autocomplete for my husband no delete buttons...
  5. Deleting obsolete contact email addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting obsolete contact email addresses: I have deleted out-of-date email addresses for my contacts in outlook.live.com but they still show up as options in the autocomplete both here and in the Windows app. For example, I now have 6 addresses to wade through on the autocomplete for my husband no delete buttons...
  6. Webroot Preventing me from using Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Webroot Preventing me from using Windows Defender: I uninstalled webroot from my desk top. When I go to Security it shows webroot is still active. I can't turn webroot off which in turn is preventing me from turning Windows Defender on. help?[Original Title: windows defender]...
  7. Obsolete email on my Windows signin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Obsolete email on my Windows signin: I sign in to Windows every morning with my email address, which is the same one as I use for my account here on microsoft.com. The email address is on my own domain, which I'll be closing by the end of the year. I'd like to change the login on my home computers as well as...
  8. admin tools

in Windows 10 Support
    admin tools: I am on Insider 19613 and I would like to know where the admin tools are and also can they be pinned to the task bar. Thanks 155008
  9. Prevent second admin from removing me as admin.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent second admin from removing me as admin.: I want to make a child family account an admin but I want to prevent him from removing me as admin. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-second-admin-from-removing-me-as-admin/6a14b25e-adb9-41a9-b806-63a90a2890a1
  10. Window undate prevents me from using Facebook site on any browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window undate prevents me from using Facebook site on any browser: I ran a small windows 10 update today, and now I cannot use Facebook using Edge or Chrome. The website will not open at all. I have deleted all browsing history, cleared my cached files and cookies, restarted my computer numerous times. Nothing has helped. I would appreciate...