Windows 10: Obtain forgotten PC password

Discus and support Obtain forgotten PC password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have my PC set to boot without typing my password. Now it seems I've forgotten what it was as I was trying to connect from a old Mac to my PC but it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GARoss, Aug 14, 2018.

1. GARoss Win User

Obtain forgotten PC password

I have my PC set to boot without typing my password. Now it seems I've forgotten what it was as I was trying to connect from a old Mac to my PC but it rejects what I thought was my password. *DohIs there a simple way to find it?

:)

GARoss, Aug 14, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Aug 14, 2018
  3. ManojKumarMK, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Obtain forgotten PC password

pc login password forgotten

My wife is the second user on our pc and has forgotten her password. We have not created a backup disc. Is there any way to change the password or get an additional prompt?

IainLarkin, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Obtain forgotten PC password

1. Obtain forgotten PC password - Similar Threads - Obtain forgotten password

2. forgotten password!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    forgotten password!: My daughter has forgotten her password to unlock her windows 10 laptop. How do i manage to reset her password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-password/65483114-1e51-4323-ac9c-120a69379ef5
  3. Forgotten Password!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten Password!!: Hello folks!! It has been a while since I have been here. My days of providing advice are over, since a couple of strokes took care of them. This time would like to be at the recipient end, and ask for some help from the Windows10 team I consider the best. *Wink Have a...
  4. Forgotten password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten password: I accidently forgotten my administrator account password.so anyone please help me to get through this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-password/bdeb45ee-60a3-4a16-85d0-0b118294948e"
  5. Forgotten password

Forgotten password: I changed my login password recently and now cannot remember the password. I do not have the disc with me and need to change the password. HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-password/c6a84dfc-e505-4840-a321-cd0b1c492a85
  6. Forgotten password on seldom used pc

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten password on seldom used pc: I have a pc that is seldom used, it may be w8.1 or w10, and have tried every log on password that I can think of. If I can get it running, then the password will be changed to be in my current series of passwords that get used with the other pc's.*Confused 123207
  7. Forgotten Password..

Forgotten Password..: Hi, Unfortunately, I forgot my windows administrator password..but I do remember the pin, through which I am able to log in to my pc but I still need to change my password. PLEASE HELP ASAP Thanks, Rahul Chandra...
  8. Forgotten Password

Forgotten Password: I have windows 10 and have forgotten password to log in. How do i get pass this without wiping all my information off computer. I've tried everything even lazesoft application and can't get it to work. Help!...
  9. Forgotten password.

Forgotten password.: I'm locked out of my old laptop. It does not recognize my fingerprint and following moving to a new house I can't find the folder with old passwords and pins etc. I haven't used this laptop in several years. Help...
  10. Obtain forgotten PC password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Obtain forgotten PC password: I have my PC set to boot without typing my password. Now it seems I've forgotten what it was as I was trying to connect from a old Mac to my PC but it rejects what I thought was my password. *DohIs there a simple way to find it? 115882