Windows 10: Obtain forgotten PC password

Discus and support Obtain forgotten PC password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have my PC set to boot without typing my password. Now it seems I've forgotten what it was as I was trying to connect from a old Mac to my PC but it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GARoss, Aug 14, 2018.

1. GARoss Win User

Obtain forgotten PC password

I have my PC set to boot without typing my password. Now it seems I've forgotten what it was as I was trying to connect from a old Mac to my PC but it rejects what I thought was my password. *DohIs there a simple way to find it?

:)

GARoss, Aug 14, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Aug 14, 2018
  3. ManojKumarMK, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Obtain forgotten PC password

pc login password forgotten

My wife is the second user on our pc and has forgotten her password. We have not created a backup disc. Is there any way to change the password or get an additional prompt?

IainLarkin, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Obtain forgotten PC password

1. Obtain forgotten PC password - Similar Threads - Obtain forgotten password

2. Forgotten Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgotten Password: Does anyone have any tips on a forgotten password for an Outlook account?We have an account which is logged in on both iPad and iPhone - but within Calendar app, so we cannot see the password.We have tried to the forgotten password/fill in the form with details we can...
  3. Forgotten Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgotten Password: Have a HP All-in-One with Windows 7 on it. Password forgotten. Answers to Questions to Reset Password also forgotten. Can anyone tell me how I can bypass this and reset the entry password?...
  4. Forgotten Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten Password: Hello,I have forgotten my password to Log into my PC windows 10 however when I select reset password it pops up with a Password Reset Wizard and asks me to reset password using the key disk found in the USB Drive F. I dont know what they mean or why I need to use the Drive F?...
  5. forgotten password

forgotten password: My granddaughter has a Viglen tablet 230 x 135mm. It hasn't been used for several years. She/we cannot remember the password. What can be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-password/75479875-c8ee-40c8-b075-cf0e32e6d3f3
  6. Forgotten password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten password: Hello I need to reset my password, because I've forgotten it. Could you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-password/dd360b31-3793-4cb9-a9ce-c60e2179d50b
  7. Forgotten Password

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Forgotten Password: Windows 10 version 1909. Is there any way I can determine what the password for my Microsoft Account and Office 365 Account is? When I sign in it accepts the 8 dots in the password field and i wind up in the this forum as I expected. I really don't want to reset my password...
  8. Forgotten Password!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten Password!!: Hello folks!! It has been a while since I have been here. My days of providing advice are over, since a couple of strokes took care of them. This time would like to be at the recipient end, and ask for some help from the Windows10 team I consider the best. *Wink Have a...
  9. Forgotten password.

Forgotten password.: I'm locked out of my old laptop. It does not recognize my fingerprint and following moving to a new house I can't find the folder with old passwords and pins etc. I haven't used this laptop in several years. Help...
  10. Obtain forgotten PC password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Obtain forgotten PC password: I have my PC set to boot without typing my password. Now it seems I've forgotten what it was as I was trying to connect from a old Mac to my PC but it rejects what I thought was my password. *DohIs there a simple way to find it? 115882