Windows 10: Obtaining Windows ISO which has Install.WIM?

Discus and support Obtaining Windows ISO which has Install.WIM? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Does anyone know of a good TRUSTED source in downloading Windows 10 ISO as a WIM file instead of an ESD file? The reason why I am asking, because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by win10freak, May 21, 2020.

1. Obtaining Windows ISO which has Install.WIM?

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good TRUSTED source in downloading Windows 10 ISO as a WIM file instead of an ESD file? The reason why I am asking, because I know I can convert from an ESD file to WIN using tools available, but it takes time to do so. I want to add install packages and applications using a tool called NLite and also slipstream Windows Updates, but in order to use this, the ESD needs to be converted to WIM. (install.esd to install.wim).

I had been using the Media Creation Tool for a long time, but I want to practice on how to slipstream updates and install packages by downloading an ISO image which already has INSTALL.WIM instead of INSTALL.ESD.

:)

win10freak, May 21, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 21, 2020
  3. Kyhi Win User
    Iso, esd or wim?

And Image-Health does all of the suggested above..
    finds the source Install.*** > supports the use of .esd or .wim
    clears the log..
    runs the proper dism commands..

All you have to do > is select the option to run...

But, the techbench ISO with an Install.wim - is the preferred source................

4. NavyLCDR Win User

Obtaining Windows ISO which has Install.WIM?

Iso, esd or wim?

Many people have reported that DISM will not use the .ESD file contained in the Media Creation Tool ISO file and had to download the ISO from Tech Bench containing the .WIM file, so I always suggest just going to Tech Bench first.

NavyLCDR, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Obtaining Windows ISO which has Install.WIM?

1. Obtaining Windows ISO which has Install.WIM? - Similar Threads - Obtaining ISO has

2. Which Windows ISO is that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which Windows ISO is that?: I just wiped my drive and clean installed Windows, but the setup did not ask me about, product key but it still activated, which Windows edition to install, Microsoft Office and more, which a complete ISO would ask me. I used the Windows media creation tool. Which ISO is like...
  3. Which Windows ISO is that?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which Windows ISO is that?: I just wiped my drive and clean installed Windows, but the setup did not ask me about, product key but it still activated, which Windows edition to install, Microsoft Office and more, which a complete ISO would ask me. I used the Windows media creation tool. Which ISO is like...
  4. Clean install on HP Probook - Which ISO?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install on HP Probook - Which ISO?: Hi @ all and big ups for the forum. I have a HP Probook 450 G7 notebook which definetely needs a clean install, although it is currently running latest version 20H2. I have checked with the HP cloud recovery service, the provided "recovery' media is just an bootable .ISO...
  5. How to obtain an ARM64 ISO file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to obtain an ARM64 ISO file?: Title submitted by /u/throwaway204420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqftqc/how_to_obtain_an_arm64_iso_file/
  6. iso for several tests different wim file for customization screens

iso for several tests different wim file for customization screens: I am building a WIndows 10 setup USB, I would like to test them for screen customization. If I don't sysprep each one and build a wim file from it and create a ISO from it , then test each 5-10 times, build an iso and I retest each, with the same WIndows installation? 149154
  7. Iso, esd or wim?

in Windows 10 Support
    Iso, esd or wim?: Wish to correct a Source files missing problem, so need to download an ISO. Installed is W10 1511 version 10586.164 Pro.....how can I tell whether it is ESD or WIM? I know that downloads are as following.....M$ Media is ESD and TechNet is WIM. 44127
  8. How to obtain Windows 10 ISO without downloading.

How to obtain Windows 10 ISO without downloading.: I am using Ubuntu Linux, and would like to use Windows 10 on a virtual machine using Virtualbox. My computer originally had Windows 8.1, which I upgraded to 10. I then installed Ubuntu Linux, so I currently have a dual boot setup. I would like to use Windows 10 on a virtual...
  9. Windows Installation Media - Nameless WIM

Windows Installation Media - Nameless WIM: A few months back, I created a Win10 Installation media. I used sysprep/DISM to capture it and, it has been working great. However, I'm testing an AutoUnattend.xml file with it today. Up 'til now, it's only been used for manual installations. When I use DISM to take a peek at...
  10. Win 10 .WIM ISO copy

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 .WIM ISO copy: Hello I was using Win 10 x 64 as .ESD but was advised to use .WIM. I burned a DVD from the .WIM file at Tech Bench. I then made a copy, however, the when you open the copy there is a folder called temporary burn folder. When you open it, it says what the original says....