Windows 10: Obtaining Windows Pro licences from user accounts that have been deleted

Discus and support Obtaining Windows Pro licences from user accounts that have been deleted in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, We are going through the process of onboarding with Azure inTune and upgrading all of our users to Microsoft Pro. Ideally we would have our users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sara Stephens sara, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Obtaining Windows Pro licences from user accounts that have been deleted

Hi,

We are going through the process of onboarding with Azure inTune and upgrading all of our users to Microsoft Pro. Ideally we would have our users just go through the MS store in order to upgrade their devices. My issue with this is that if they leave the company then how do we then reclaim the licence back from their account after we have deleted it from Azure Active Directory so that we can reuse it for a fresh install onto the device.

If we did a fresh install would the device be reverted back to windows home and we'd have to pay for an upgrade again?

Your help is much appreciated,

Sara

:)

Sara Stephens sara, Jul 13, 2020
  2. kenkickr Win User

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Task scheduler user account list includes user accounts that have already been deleted from the computer.

Hi John,

The username and password credentials you have entered in task scheduler are stored in the system cache files. For us to resolve your concern and delete the list of accounts or usernames that you no longer have on your computer, we suggest that you follow
    the steps on this link to run a disk cleanup that will delete the system cache files.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Obtaining Windows Pro licences from user accounts that have been deleted

Task scheduler user account list includes user accounts that have already been deleted from the computer.

Thanks for providing the results of the troubleshooting steps we provided. Since the credentials are still showing up in task scheduler, we suggest that you follow the steps below to check the entries in the credential manager and delete the entries manually:

• Type the words Credential Manager in Cortana or the search box.
    • From the list of results select Credential Manager
    • From this screen, you can manage Web Credentials and
      Windows Credentials

Once you have the screen open verify if any of the credentials you saw in task scheduler is present and manually delete them.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Obtaining Windows Pro licences from user accounts that have been deleted

1. Obtaining Windows Pro licences from user accounts that have been deleted - Similar Threads - Obtaining Pro licences

2. Undo deleted user account from netplwiz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undo deleted user account from netplwiz: I accidently deleted my user account from netplwiz and rebooted. The files are there but there's no way to logon. I had it linked to a Microsoft account so if I readded the Microsoft account from another user could I regain access to the files?...
  3. Undo deleted user account from netplwiz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undo deleted user account from netplwiz: I accidently deleted my user account from netplwiz and rebooted. The files are there but there's no way to logon. I had it linked to a Microsoft account so if I readded the Microsoft account from another user could I regain access to the files?...
  4. Deleting user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting user account: I want to delete a user account and a secondary standard account. How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-user-account/6c15ce8e-aede-4e29-8191-55e98b29c33b
  5. Windows Pro Licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Pro Licence: Hi I am in the process of changing my laptop. My current machine was upgraded to windows 10 Pro. Would it be possible to transfer my Pro licence to my new machine the new machine came with Windows 10 Home...
  6. Deleted Admin Account and I have no other User Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleted Admin Account and I have no other User Account: I have a Windows 10 laptop. I had not used my laptop for a month and they screen read password had expired. Since I had forgotten the password so I was not able to set a new password. I did the whole password reset process- System image recovery - utilman account...
  7. Accedently deleted user account from profileimagepath

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accedently deleted user account from profileimagepath: Hello, After a windows update, I was unable to login to my current user profile. So I followed the instructions mentioned in a website to restore it and deleted the user profile from profileimagepath without taking a back up. Unfortunately my system restore was not...
  8. deleteing an old user from my account

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleteing an old user from my account: I have an additional user on my laptop This is the person who i received it from If I delete it and all its data will this effect my desktop icons that I added and the pre-exsisting ones? Will this action delete any of my data?...
  9. Recover files from a deleted user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover files from a deleted user account: I found I needed to delete a user account from my system. Now I'm using an alternate user account (administrator) but I find several files are not complete or not accessible. When I try to open some files I'm told I don't have permission to open this file even though this...
  10. Deleted user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted user account: I have done something really stupid... I am selling my old laptop to a friend, and googled how to delete my user account. I did what it said and deleted a post in the register. Not anywhere on the page did it say that I shouldn't delete the account without creating a new one...