Windows 10: Occamy.B detected by Windows defender

Discus and support Occamy.B detected by Windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender detected the Occamy.B virus on my computer. After selecting "REMOVE" from the Actions drop down box and rerunning Defender, Occamy.B... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JonMacIvor, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Occamy.B detected by Windows defender

Windows Defender detected the Occamy.B virus on my computer. After selecting "REMOVE" from the Actions drop down box and rerunning Defender, Occamy.B continues to be detected as a threat. IS defender unable to remove this virus and, if so, what do I need to do?

:)

JonMacIvor, Oct 22, 2019

2. Windows Defender notification of malware detection

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted and we appreciate your continued patience on this issue.

At this point, I suggest you to update the Windows Defender program and check if it helps.

To check for new Windows Defender definitions manually:

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Click the arrow next to the Help button, and then click Check for updates. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Also, check if the detection is of the same malware file or not. Again, see if it is any specific program or a file you try to access which triggers the detection.

Additionally, view the log in Event Viewer to check if the malware is removed every time it is prompted.

To open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.
    • Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.
    You can view Windows Defender "Operational" events in Event Viewer under Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Windows Defender.

Kindly keep us posted, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Kim Tiw Win User
    windows defender detected error0X8050800c

Hello,

This error indicates that there might be a problem with your security product. We suggest that you follow these steps to update the definitions on your Windows Defender:

• Update the definitions. Either click the Update definitions button on the Update tab in Windows Defender, or download the latest definitions from the Microsoft
      Malware Protection Center
    • Run a full scan.
    • Restart the device and try again.

If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reply on this post.

Kim Tiw, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Occamy.B detected by Windows defender

problem with windows defender.............

Hi,

No need to worry, this is not a virus. Windows Defender will automatically notify you whenever it detects a potential threat. It is possible that
    Windows Defender just needs to be updated. To check for updates in
    Windows Defender, follow these steps:

• Start Windows Defender if it is not already open. To do this, click Start, click Programs, and then click Windows Defender.
    • Check for new definitions. To do this, click Check for Updates Now.
    • If an update has been detected, install it.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Occamy.B detected by Windows defender

1. Occamy.B detected by Windows defender - Similar Threads - Occamy detected defender

2. Trojan Occamy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan Occamy: I just bought my first custom PC, and I think the seller might've infected it with a Trojan. When I checked Windows Defender threat history, it says that it detected Trojan:Win31/Occamy.C. It marks it as Remediation Incomplete, and the affected item is...
  3. Trojan Occamy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Occamy: I just bought my first custom PC, and I think the seller might've infected it with a Trojan. When I checked Windows Defender threat history, it says that it detected Trojan:Win31/Occamy.C. It marks it as Remediation Incomplete, and the affected item is...
  4. Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender: I have Malwarebytes installed but windows defender doesn't detect it and go into Periodic Scanning like it always has done, It just stays like it normally is, Like Above Current Threats its Suppose to List Malwarebytes but its just blank, With Malwarebytes I have the Windows...
  5. Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender: I have Malwarebytes installed but windows defender doesn't detect it and go into Periodic Scanning like it always has done, It just stays like it normally is, Like Above Current Threats its Suppose to List Malwarebytes but its just blank, With Malwarebytes I have the Windows...
  6. Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows Defender Malware Detection

Windows Defender Malware Detection: I get a notice into about half way through a quick scan that preliminary results show malware or unwanted programs may be on your computer. Results will be shown in Details after scan completes. I get this now on every scan I do including full scan. At completion there is...
  8. Virus Detected by Windows Defender

Virus Detected by Windows Defender: Split from this thread. I have the same virus detected by my windows defender was detected 50 minutes ago. I don't own any of the apps you have installed that might have caused it but that happened to me. I own a Surface Pro 6, i don't know what to do so please help me....
  9. Windows Defender Detecting Trojan

Windows Defender Detecting Trojan: i downloaded a book file yesterday and it got saved in DVD drive E when i opened it, it asked to run it to view files and i did it, after few hours window security was popping up saying threat detected and i ejected the file, but still the window security is popping up and...
  10. Windows Defender Offline Scan stuck at 9%b

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Offline Scan stuck at 9%b: Windows defender was turned off when I last booted my laptop so I tried restarting defender to no avail. After rebooting my pc defender was back online, did a defender quick scan and half way through it turned itself off again. So i though "maybe some malwares doing this,...