Windows 10: Occamy.c detected by Windows Antivirus!

Discus and support Occamy.c detected by Windows Antivirus! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I opened my computer this morning to see that the windows antivirus had picked up on a RAT called ‘Occamy.c’ and i am currently shitting myself because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/th3n3wm3m3, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Occamy.c detected by Windows Antivirus!

I opened my computer this morning to see that the windows antivirus had picked up on a RAT called ‘Occamy.c’ and i am currently shitting myself because i don’t want anything to happen to my machine. It says it came from the application Xenos.exe, which is a .dll injector i used about 2 - 3 months ago. 3 of my friends also used the injector at the same time i did, but none have had this detection. I am running Avast (free) and doing a full scan at the moment... I am wondering if anyone else has come across this, if you know what it does, how to remove etc.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/th3n3wm3m3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/th3n3wm3m3, Sep 13, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Siddhagod Win User
    Windows 7 x64 not detecting GTX295

Background
    I installed the 295 and it was not detected. So I downloaded 181.22 for Vista x64, but those drivers didn't work for gaming (CTD). So I installed a GTX 8800 and it was detected and drivers installed automatically from Windows Update.

Now I put the 295 back in, and it installed and was able to run games. However, the nVidia control panel was not available, suggesting that the drivers hadn't installed properly... So I deleted the drivers and rebooted. And... again it lists my 295 as a "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and a "3D Video Controler", but no drivers can be found by Windows Update.

Question
    1) Is there anywhere I can download the Windows 7 x64 drivers and install them manually?

2) Any idea how I can get Windows 7 to recognize my GTX295 so that it can download the proper drivers.

3) Have you had the GTX295 install automatically in Windows 7 x64?

Siddhagod, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Occamy.c detected by Windows Antivirus!

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Occamy.c detected by Windows Antivirus!

1. Occamy.c detected by Windows Antivirus! - Similar Threads - Occamy detected Antivirus

2. USB-C not detecting monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C not detecting monitor.: I swapped the standard HDMI and both monitors work. Both monitors not detected when using both the USB-C docking station with HDMI output and a brand new USB-c to HDMI cable. This is a new problem since my last login 4 days ago.Device name BEST-Dell-Comp Processor AMD Ryzen 7...
  3. Trojan Occamy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan Occamy: I just bought my first custom PC, and I think the seller might've infected it with a Trojan. When I checked Windows Defender threat history, it says that it detected Trojan:Win31/Occamy.C. It marks it as Remediation Incomplete, and the affected item is...
  4. Trojan Occamy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Occamy: I just bought my first custom PC, and I think the seller might've infected it with a Trojan. When I checked Windows Defender threat history, it says that it detected Trojan:Win31/Occamy.C. It marks it as Remediation Incomplete, and the affected item is...
  5. Random files being downloaded. Antivirus detection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random files being downloaded. Antivirus detection: I have a paid antivirus. I keep getting notifications from the antivirus that there have been files downloaded and that there is no threat in the files. The file names are abnormally long and have random letters uppercase and lower case. Even though the antivirus says the...
  6. Process Explorer detects viruses but Antivirus dosen't

Process Explorer detects viruses but Antivirus dosen't: I downloaded Process Explorer to see why System was using up a lot of my CPU. In the program you can make it so that programs currently running are scanned by TotalVirus.com. After enabling this feature I saw that a number of programs, like games, processes, and system apps...
  7. virus and threat protection not detecting antivirus

virus and threat protection not detecting antivirus: Last week i have changed my antivirus from Macfee to NPAV,however now Windows virus and threat protection is not detecting antivirus. this is resulting in slowing down of laptop due to two scan working at same time.any solution?...
  8. USB C Earphones not detecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB C Earphones not detecting: I have an Acer Triton 500 PT-515 Laptop with 9750H CPU and RTX 2060 GPU. On connecting my Hifiman RE400c Earphones with USB C port into my Laptop's USB C port it goes undetected and I get a beeping sound on the earphone. This same behaviour is observed when I connect any...
  9. Uninstalling Avast Antivirus files in C:/Windows/WinSxS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling Avast Antivirus files in C:/Windows/WinSxS: Recently I downloaded an antivirus software called Avast but later decided to uninstall it. After I ran the uninstaller, I noticed some files remained in C:/Windows/WinSxS, and I couldn't delete them. I tried IoBit and changing the ownership of the file but it still will not...
  10. I have a virus but no AntiVirus programs will detect it.

I have a virus but no AntiVirus programs will detect it.: Hello! I have a virus that whenever I run Google Chrome and click on a new page, a pop up randomly appears and attempts to hide itself. The goal of the virus is to log my facebook information and hack my account, but luckily I blocked the app it attempts to enable. The...