Windows 10: Occasional Black Screen on Startup + Computer Crashes?

Discus and support Occasional Black Screen on Startup + Computer Crashes? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am experiencing some issues with my computer, which is a windows 10 machine. Sometimes, on startup, I will get a black screen when turning it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thomaslb77, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Occasional Black Screen on Startup + Computer Crashes?

Hi,

I am experiencing some issues with my computer, which is a windows 10 machine. Sometimes, on startup, I will get a black screen when turning it on. This seems to be becoming more frequent. Secondly, windows has crashed and needed to restart twice over the past week. I feel these two things could well be connected.

Is anyone able to offer any advice as to what I should do?

Thanks,

Thomaslb77

:)

Thomaslb77, Dec 16, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Dec 16, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Occasional Black Screen on Startup + Computer Crashes?

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Occasional Black Screen on Startup + Computer Crashes?

1. Occasional Black Screen on Startup + Computer Crashes? - Similar Threads - Occasional Black Screen

2. Occasional black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional black screen: My pc will go black screen occasionally when gaming, i have used sfc and DISM to try to recover it but it still happens, device drivers are also up-to-date and i have reinstalled the Display card drivers for a few times. From the event viewer i can find this error coming up...
  3. Occasional black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Occasional black screen: My pc will go black screen occasionally when gaming, i have used sfc and DISM to try to recover it but it still happens, device drivers are also up-to-date and i have reinstalled the Display card drivers for a few times. From the event viewer i can find this error coming up...
  4. pc keeps spontaneously crashing and screen will occasionally go black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc keeps spontaneously crashing and screen will occasionally go black: I dusted insides, reseated all the hardware, sent it back to have it fixed twice and sent it to a repair shop just to be told nothings wrong and for the issue to persist, I have no idea what's wrong with it and it seems no one else does either please help. system specs:...
  5. pc keeps spontaneously crashing and screen will occasionally go black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc keeps spontaneously crashing and screen will occasionally go black: I dusted insides, reseated all the hardware, sent it back to have it fixed twice and sent it to a repair shop just to be told nothings wrong and for the issue to persist, I have no idea what's wrong with it and it seems no one else does either please help. system specs:...
  6. Computer is randomly crashing and the occasional bluescreen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is randomly crashing and the occasional bluescreen.: My pc has been randomly crashing and a few times Ill get the blue screen of death saying a critical process died. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-randomly-crashing-and-the-occasional/3ec25e94-2d67-4583-9af4-c3cbaac707d5
  7. Black screen flashes twice occasionally

Black screen flashes twice occasionally: Momentary black screen, content reappears for 1/4 sec, another black screen and then display is normal. This happens on a regular cycle, about 10 or 15 minutes. Sometimes there is a soft audio "pop" sound....
  8. computer crashes to black screen but computer stays on

computer crashes to black screen but computer stays on: at seemingly random times, whether i was on the computer all day or it started up a few minutes ago my computer will crash to a black screen and immediately restart windows and boot up on its own, i'm worried, what could be the issue?...
  9. Screen occasionally goes black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen occasionally goes black: Hello. The screen has gone black a few times within the past week. Monitor was bought used about 7 years ago. PC is 6 months old. No graphic intensive processing is occuring when the screen goes black. No message from monitor indicating no signal from PC. I have been hard...
  10. Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes.

Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes.: I have no idea where to start with this issue. All I know is that my computer will rarely crash and restart itself and when I go to check the reliability report in the action center, the only information it gives me is that "Windows shut down unexpectedly". I don't get a blue...