Windows 10: Occasional BSOD or crash

Discus and support Occasional BSOD or crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having some trouble with my Windows 10 PC over the last several weeks. Approximately twice a week, it will crash, sometimes giving a BSOD,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LydiaWo, Apr 11, 2021.

1. LydiaWo Win User

Occasional BSOD or crash

I've been having some trouble with my Windows 10 PC over the last several weeks. Approximately twice a week, it will crash, sometimes giving a BSOD, sometimes not. Other than those occasional crashes, everything is fine as far as I can tell. I've been trying to pinpoint the cause and believe it is a driver issue, but I am not sure and am hoping someone might be able to help me. If I get a BSOD, it's one of these:

IRQL Not less or equal

Page fault in nonpaged area

Interrupt exception not handled

What I've tried so far:

Memtest86 - no errors after 4 passes

SSD tests performed with Samsung Magician - no issues found

Driver Verifier - Ran this, and my PC failed to boot, and kept crashing, trying to boot, crashing, over and over until I stopped it and used a restore point. The BSOD error was: Driver verifier IOmanager violation, for wdf01000.sys

The issue with Driver Verifier is what makes me think this a bad driver, but I am not sure how to pinpoint which one it is. Or if that is even the cause I've got minidump files from 2 of the 3 most recent crashes the most recent crash did not produce a BSOD or minidump. Would anyone be able to help me with this? I can share the minidump files along with my system information: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiAxOqBEmUMi_SAbxKs1K3z4YOgj?e=gTgCUq

Thank you in advance

:)

LydiaWo, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Ztruker Win User

Occasional BSOD: Event errors on many harddisk

I don't understand why people are having problems copying the data for Tuneup.bat. The directions are as follows:

Command Prompt or Powershell Window - follow Part Two-OneA steps 1A, 2A, 3A and 4 through 7.

Attachment 304041

That takes you here:

Attachment 304042

Attachment 304043

Then follow steps 4 through 7.

Attachment 304045

I don't know how to make it any more explicit than that. Suggestions welcome.

Ztruker, Apr 11, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Ztruker Win User

Occasional BSOD or crash

Ztruker, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Occasional BSOD or crash

1. Occasional BSOD or crash - Similar Threads - Occasional BSOD crash

2. Windows 10 occasionally crashes without BSoD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 occasionally crashes without BSoD: It started about a month ago. After several days of continuous work my laptop suddenly shows black screen and reboots. After reboot is done, no minidump files or event log entries are created Other than kernel-power critical error without any description. I have no idea why...
  3. Occasional bsod

Occasional bsod: I keep getting bsods specifically when i play games. No crash dumps ever get created and i have tried everything i have found online and nothing fixed it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/occasional-bsod/4243a57b-940f-4ca4-913c-9b028487b231
  4. Crashes to Desktop and Occasional BSOD

Crashes to Desktop and Occasional BSOD: Hi everyone, Just built a new pc and have been having all my games crash to the desktop, and occasionally getting a BSOD. Attached are the memory dumps from the bsods. 2 errors are: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by hidusb.sys DRIVER_RQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused...
  5. Occasional BSOD crashes.. After cleaning the computer.

Occasional BSOD crashes.. After cleaning the computer.: So when cleaned, accidentally slightly unplugged something(not sure what exactly, have a clue where though). At first when put everything together system didn't post, so plugged everything better and checked if it works again and some other details too(like ram, video card...
  6. Occasional BSOD

Occasional BSOD: Hi i keep getting occasional bsods recently it ranges between 2 to 3 days. I'm using a HP Laptop HP Notebook - 15-ay104nx I suspect its a driver issue. here are my pc specifications and my recent minidumps....
  7. Occasional BSOD

Occasional BSOD: Occasionally, when using my laptop an Acer Predator Helios 300 sometimes if it leans the wrong way or anything, it gets a blue screen of death, after which it doesn't automatically restart but needs a hard reboot and usually the computer starts with some difficulty getting...
  8. Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes.

Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes.: I have no idea where to start with this issue. All I know is that my computer will rarely crash and restart itself and when I go to check the reliability report in the action center, the only information it gives me is that "Windows shut down unexpectedly". I don't get a blue...
  9. Regular, inconsistent crashes with occasional BSOD

Regular, inconsistent crashes with occasional BSOD: My PC regularly crashes. Usually with no notice it just freezes and never recovers, but occasionally it results in a Dpc_Watchdog_violation BSOD which in some cases it even manages to successfully reboot from. The only pattern I can note is that the more stress the system...
  10. Occasional PC Crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Occasional PC Crash: My PC has just stopped.. My second screen went black and the PC froze. I had to power off and on to get it working. This has happened a few times over the last couple of weeks. No new applications installed. Last week I had 3 / 4 days with no issues, then off it went....