Windows 10: Occasional BSOD while watching videos/streams online

Discus and support Occasional BSOD while watching videos/streams online in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, A few times a week, BSODs occur while I'm watching online videos or streams. The BSODs are always related to ntoskrnl.exe or other system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by theandru, Apr 23, 2016.

1. theandru Win User

Occasional BSOD while watching videos/streams online

Hello,

A few times a week, BSODs occur while I'm watching online videos or streams. The BSODs are always related to ntoskrnl.exe or other system files (I checked with WhoCrashed and BlueScreenView). I have to mention that I keep all drivers updated (apart from an AHCI driver that causes HDD clicks on certain Samsung drives, documented here: HDD click (excessive load-unload cycles) | Intel Communities).

Here is the debug file: Attachment 76411

Thanks in advance!

:)

theandru, Apr 23, 2016
  2. reidane Win User

a question for nokia e51 plzzzz help me

sorry i wasnt beign specific what i mean is that how can i watch on videos or stream online while using my cellphone ,,, i wanna what online videos in my cellphone using my cellphone's internet >.<

reidane, Apr 23, 2016
  3. RBurris01 Win User
    Problems with windows 10 and some youtube videos

Hi,

To answer the questions stated above:

1. Does this issue persist only to youtube videos?

Yes, it only happens with some youtube videos.

2. Does it happen when you watch videos without streaming online?

No, it does not happen when I watch videos streamed online.

RBurris01, Apr 23, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Code: BugCheck C5, {8, 2, 0, fffff800254419bc} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for pwipf6.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for pwipf6.sys Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+21c )[/quote] Pwipf6.sys file information The process known as pwipf6 belongs to software Privacyware Filter Driver by Privacyware/PWI (Privacyware - IIS Web Application Firewall, Security Data Analytics, Personal Firewall).

Description: Pwipf6.sys is not essential for Windows and will often cause problems. Pwipf6.sys is located in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder. Known file sizes on Windows 10/8/7/XP are 108,296 bytes (33% of all occurrences), 107,272 bytes, 108,880 bytes, 119,112 bytes or 102,224 bytes.
    Occasional BSOD while watching videos/streams online [​IMG]

The driver can be started or stopped from Services in the Control Panel or by other programs. The program is not visible. Pwipf6.sys is a Verisign signed file. The file is digitally signed. It is not a Windows core file. There is no detailed description of this service. pwipf6.sys appears to be a compressed file. Therefore the technical security rating is 16% dangerous, however you should also read the user reviews.

The programis old and needs to be updated or removed:

Code: 1: kd> lmvm pwipf6 start end module name fffff801`0b330000 fffff801`0b3e4000 pwipf6 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: pwipf6.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\pwipf6.sys Image name: pwipf6.sys Timestamp: Sun Sep 29 13:23:45 2013 (52486221) CheckSum: 0002B947 ImageSize: 000B4000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Ztruker, Apr 23, 2016
  5. theandru Win User
    Thank you for the fast reply! I suspected PrivateFirewall, as the program was not properly updated for Windows 10. I will uninstall it and report back.

theandru, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Occasional BSOD while watching videos/streams online - Similar Threads - Occasional BSOD while

2. streaming online videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    streaming online videos: still unable to successfully stream any on line videos after all the Windows updates...suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/streaming-online-videos/67f2f550-45bf-4538-bf3b-b540b6c4145e
  3. watching videos online

watching videos online: Trying to watch videos online and the view is huge. Cannot watch in normal view https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/watching-videos-online/4a64d85e-495d-4379-a778-f2791b689de2
  4. BSOD while watching online videos

BSOD while watching online videos: Many times when I watch online videos( youtube/netflix/others) my laptop freezes and after 10 seconds brings bsod with the error dpc_watchdog_violation. Any help ? 91321
  5. BSOD mainly while streaming and watching Twitch..

BSOD mainly while streaming and watching Twitch..: I recently have been trying to stream on twitch, and it works for like 30 minutes-1 hour then my computer crashes.. Any help would be greatly appreciated, really want to start streaming seriously and on a schedule but can't due to this unfortunate issue that frequently...
  6. BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video

BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video: I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and everything has been really smooth, except recently I've started getting increasingly frequent BSOD crashes. It usually gives me the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, but sometimes I get other ones. It was fairly infrequent, but last night it...
  7. BSOD while watching videos online. Audio hitches before the BSOD

BSOD while watching videos online. Audio hitches before the BSOD: I've only had this happen while watching Youtube media. What will happen is that the audio will crackle and immediately after the computer will BSOD. The BSOD can be mostly averted by pausing the video when the audio starts crackling and starting it again, in which the audio...
  8. BSOD while watching streams

BSOD while watching streams: Greetings, So recently, I've noticed some minor freezes while watching streams, it only happens once, then it stops. Unfortunately, today, my computer completely froze and I got a BSOD error, with the following message: "VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL" So I went...
  9. BSOD watching online stream

BSOD watching online stream: Hi I have a BSOD watching an online stream, I don't know if it's related but games that my computer should handle fine have been lagging whilst some more demanding games run perfectly. 28349
  10. Watching/streaming Video's

in Windows 10 Support
    Watching/streaming Video's: Hi, Since I installed Win 10 I notice at times when I watch a movie in full screen on any player or stream on you tube full screen the player will min itself or freeze so I have to refresh, watching a movie on a player will result in it just closing or crashing, with some...