Windows 10: Occasional bsods turned into unfixable bsod loop, even after fresh clean OS install

Discus and support Occasional bsods turned into unfixable bsod loop, even after fresh clean OS install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So basically my 2-3month old pc I just built has had some occasional bsods while gaming and running many, many tasks, and I assumed it had to do with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by T-lan, May 17, 2020.

1. T-lan Win User

Occasional bsods turned into unfixable bsod loop, even after fresh clean OS install

So basically my 2-3month old pc I just built has had some occasional bsods while gaming and running many, many tasks, and I assumed it had to do with Asus or NZXT or Corsair software that really loves to just screw with everything. Last night it turned into a bsod loop that despite my best efforts, I was unable to recover from. chkdsk, sfc, dims, windows startup repair, nothing. So I nuked it. I did a fresh install *twice*, and my pc will still only startup in safe mode, and it crashed once while in a clean boot. Currently I am writing this from a clean boot, and it seems to be doing ok. Strangely enough, if I don't disable the only 3 startup services Microsoft OneDrive setup, Windows Security Notification icon, and Realtek HD Audio Universal Service I will also get an instant bsod from login. It's now 3am and I've been trying to fix this since 6pm.Please help me. I am going to go insane in quarantine if I can't play Valorant.

Here is a link to 5 dmp files since my seconds reinstall, and my nfo file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmITKW57uQQgyhj8FIMOLoINksl?e=XiHoEh

If there's any other information I can provide that will help, I will do my best to obtain it.

:)

T-lan, May 17, 2020
  2. trickson Win User

7 different BSoD

First off this is what I went through once I installed them 11.1 drivers . BSOD till I had to reinstall the OS .
    It seems that some maybe missing the point here this STARTED for you after you installed the 11.1 drivers and then as it would seem you are getting them after a clean install of the old drivers . Correct ? If so have you wiped the HDD and did a clean install of the OS ?
    If not then I would do this before thinking your cards are going out .

trickson, May 17, 2020
  3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Occasional bsods turned into unfixable bsod loop, even after fresh clean OS install :)

cplpro, May 17, 2020
  4. H51M4H Win User

Occasional bsods turned into unfixable bsod loop, even after fresh clean OS install

Constant BSODs on fresh Windows 10 install

Had to do another fresh install of Windows 10 as I was unable to turn verifier off.

Kept getting BSODs however was able to install the AMD chipset software package. I haven't had a BSOD... yet.

H51M4H, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Occasional bsods turned into unfixable bsod loop, even after fresh clean OS install - Similar Threads - Occasional bsods turned

2. BSODs, even after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs, even after fresh windows install: Folder containing dumps, dxdiags, etchttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iuCgQsfrdQbidEQro-iqvDDs2Fguls_R?usp=sharingCausesStarted when upgrading old system, components are:i9 14900k - CPUASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI - MOBOKingston 32GB 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHz CL36 FURY...
  3. My pc keeps BSOD looping even after fresh install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps BSOD looping even after fresh install.: Hi, I’ve just recently started getting bsod randomly, then last night it blue screened on the recovery bit and then from then on kept boot looping and blue screening, I decided to reinstall windows and it worked for 30 mins then blue screened again, I’ve tried to update all...
  4. My pc keeps BSOD looping even after fresh install.

My pc keeps BSOD looping even after fresh install.: Hi, I’ve just recently started getting bsod randomly, then last night it blue screened on the recovery bit and then from then on kept boot looping and blue screening, I decided to reinstall windows and it worked for 30 mins then blue screened again, I’ve tried to update all...
  5. Constant BSOD'S, even after 3 clean fresh installs of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD'S, even after 3 clean fresh installs of windows: Hi, so I built my first ever pc a year ago during Christmas and it started off fine for a couple months then at some random point in time it started to BSOD sporadically. after as much research, troubleshooting, installing, updating, and everything I could muster to try to...
  6. Constant BSOD'S, even after 3 clean fresh installs of windows

Constant BSOD'S, even after 3 clean fresh installs of windows: Hi, so I built my first ever pc a year ago during Christmas and it started off fine for a couple months then at some random point in time it started to BSOD sporadically. after as much research, troubleshooting, installing, updating, and everything I could muster to try to...
  7. Constant BSOD'S, even after 3 clean fresh installs of windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSOD after a fresh OS install.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after a fresh OS install.: Hello everyone, back again with another question.I have been having periodic blue screening issues with my PC for about 2 to 3 months now. Various things causing crashes, too long to list. It got to a point where I was so tired of having to perform various fixes that I opted...
  9. BSOD after a fresh OS install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after a fresh OS install.: Hello everyone, back again with another question.I have been having periodic blue screening issues with my PC for about 2 to 3 months now. Various things causing crashes, too long to list. It got to a point where I was so tired of having to perform various fixes that I opted...
  10. BSOD after a fresh OS install.