Windows 10: Occasional failure to boot up first time

Discus and support Occasional failure to boot up first time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I am running Windows 10 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928). About once every six times I press the start button on my PC it lights, the keyboard lights... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dave12cd, May 4, 2021.

1. dave12cd Win User

Occasional failure to boot up first time

Hi, I am running Windows 10 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928). About once every six times I press the start button on my PC it lights, the keyboard lights flash twice, then it just dies. Sometimes I have to press Start button two or three buttons before it starts, then it seems fine. Someone before suggested I replace the motherboard battery, which I have done, but still get the same issue. Any clues? Thanks, David

:)

dave12cd, May 4, 2021
  2. AndreasJR Win User

Failures to boot, error 0x80070003

These problems began after my computer fell off my desk, so it is likely a hardware issue, however I would like to determine if this is indeed the case, and if so which components need to be replaced.

I've recently been having problems with my PC failing to boot. It freezes on the Windows 10 logo upon start up, before crashing to a black screen. Occasionally, windows will successfully enter system recovery, but fails to repair the problem. Attempting
    system restore from restore point results in an "unspecified error, 0x80070003". I will occasionally (perhaps 1 in 20 times) be able to load fully into Windows with no issues- once logged in typically I experience no problems. It seems random when this happens
    and I am unable to reproduce it regularly.

Steps already taken:

1. Windows system restore, failed with error 0x80070003
    2. Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool ran, no corruptions found
    3. System File Checker tool, no integrity violations found

Any advice or suggestions is much appreciated, thank you.

UPDATE:

I checked the log file created by windows automatic repair upon failure with error 0x80070003: C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrace

This file showed a number of successful tests, up to this:

Code:
    Test Performed: ---------------------------Name: System boot log diagnosisResult: Completed successfully. Error code =  0x0Time taken = 0 msRoot cause found: ---------------------------Boot critical file e:\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.Repair action: File repairResult: Failed. Error code =  0x2Time taken = 1500 ms---------------------------
    This seems likely to be the root cause. How should I go about repairing this file?

AndreasJR, May 4, 2021
  3. query about speed of boot time

Hello,

Please be informed that, if there are many startup items on the desktop, it will take time to boot up to the desktop screen. It is the ideal time to boot up.

Also, suggest you to run the system maintenance troubleshooter.

Its a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select
    Control panel.

2 . Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the
    view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Do let us know the status of your concern. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, May 4, 2021
  4. Kenshai Win User

Confusing Disk Boot Failure

Well, Brand new Harddrive the western digital se16 caviar 640. Had a clean install, and while installing drivers and programs after a couple restarts I am receiving disk boot failure. Not the first restart or the second. Each time that it has given me the failure was after installing updates. I've system restored to before installing the updates and it works fine. It's a large list of around 38 or so updates. Granted may be a fluke but anyone heard of this?

P5N-E SLi
    E6420
    OCZ Platinum 2 x 1 kit
    WD 640gb

Kenshai, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Occasional failure to boot up first time - Similar Threads - Occasional failure boot

2. Back Up first time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back Up first time: hiusing win 10 going to back up on an external HD 500GWhat I expect and is this possible?1. I would like to do a whole and complete back up.2. Have access to all the files on the external, if needed; as if I was looking at an external drive with the ability to c/p any file.3....
  3. Back Up first time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back Up first time: hiusing win 10 going to back up on an external HD 500GWhat I expect and is this possible?1. I would like to do a whole and complete back up.2. Have access to all the files on the external, if needed; as if I was looking at an external drive with the ability to c/p any file.3....
  4. Back Up first time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Booting up pc first time/ installing windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting up pc first time/ installing windows: Before starting this I knew NOTHING about pc’s but I finally got done building my first pc and tried starting it up. Entering the bios I could see the M.2 ssd was detected, but not able to be used as a bootable device. Looking online for input I had found to my very little...
  6. Booting up pc first time/ installing windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting up pc first time/ installing windows: Before starting this I knew NOTHING about pc’s but I finally got done building my first pc and tried starting it up. Entering the bios I could see the M.2 ssd was detected, but not able to be used as a bootable device. Looking online for input I had found to my very little...
  7. Booting up pc first time/ installing windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Failing to boot first time

in Windows 10 Support
    Failing to boot first time: My Mum's sent me a video of her Windows 10 PC booting and what appears to happen is the first time it loads the blue recovery screen which says "It looks like Windows didn't load correctly" and then she clicks on the left button and it boots fine or sometimes after she types...
  9. Won't boot first time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Won't boot first time: When I have the AMD FX9370 installed, my computer won't boot first time. Never does. I hold the power button until it shuts off and press it again for a 2nd boot with zero issues. When the FX8350 is installed it does boot first try. The board was an msi 970a G46 with an...
  10. System Failure On First Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Failure On First Boot: Hello! So, since the last windows update, I've been experiencing an issue- I'm not sure if it was actually caused by the update, but I felt it was worth mentioning. Whenever I start up the computer, my first attempt to boot it never gets past the OS boot-up; it'll usually...