Windows 10: Occasional freeze

Discus and support Occasional freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've just purchased and installed Windows 10 Home 64bit. The system is occasionally freezing. Not completely though as I can still move the cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Eric8585, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Eric8585 Win User

Occasional freeze

I've just purchased and installed Windows 10 Home 64bit. The system is occasionally freezing. Not completely though as I can still move the cursor around on the screen. After a couple of minutes, the system resumes back to normal. Sometimes the system stops to a bluescreen/reboot.

The install is completely fresh and updated so I have no idea what's going on.

Any help much appreciated!

:)

Eric8585, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Occasional windows 10 laptop freezes

My Hp laptop with windows 10 build 14393.693 occasionally will freeze. I then must hold down the start button to turn it off. When I check the event viewer I notice event 10016 DistributedComm occurs in groups of 3, Also event 4 'wcifs' and event 17 Whea-Logger

referring to a corrected error having occured, PCI Express Root Port. My PC is a new HP Pavillion. I am not an expert with PCs but I wonder if the event viewer listings might give a clue. The freeze up usually occurs while I am online but once it happened
    when the PC was in sleep mode, it could not be brought up.

Thank you for any help. I really want to resolve this issue.

Billy Choate, Sep 18, 2018
  4. AS185 Win User

Occasional freeze

Occasional Freezing While Gaming

Hello,
    Right, I don't know what's going on anymore. I have just updated my BIOS to 0902 and I'm thinking this will resolve the issue. The issue is that I get occasional freezing during gaming. I have the latest Nvidia graphic's drivers (397.64), installed through "clean installation", a clean boot done yesterday through Windows 10. Everything in my BIOS is set to default value's, nothing's overclocked Occasional freeze :) Chipset, audio, lan, WiFi and all other driver's are up to date from Asuses website. I do have a restore point made especially for any error's, backed up my C: drive and an Window's system repair disc. System restore doesn't resolve the issue.
    My computer specification's are as listed. Can anyone please tell me what's wrong? I'm sorry, if I listed this topic in the wrong section of the forum.

AS185, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Occasional freeze

1. Occasional freeze - Similar Threads - Occasional freeze

2. Since the last few days, voice dictation freezes up occasionally, requiring a system restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the last few days, voice dictation freezes up occasionally, requiring a system restart: It is also possible to restart it by right clicking on the task bar, going into the Task Manager, typing 'input' into the search bar and ending the Windows input Experience task. I am a frequent user of this feature of Windows, and it's really annoying how lately it stops...
  3. Since the last few days, voice dictation freezes up occasionally, requiring a system restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the last few days, voice dictation freezes up occasionally, requiring a system restart: It is also possible to restart it by right clicking on the task bar, going into the Task Manager, typing 'input' into the search bar and ending the Windows input Experience task. I am a frequent user of this feature of Windows, and it's really annoying how lately it stops...
  4. What else could cause displays to randomly go black for a moment and occasionally freeze up...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What else could cause displays to randomly go black for a moment and occasionally freeze up...: There is one desk in our office in particular that has an ongoing issue with monitors briefly going black at random intervals. We haven't been able to find a solution for almost 2 years now. I believe the behavior has changed over time, but currently only one of the three...
  5. What else could cause displays to randomly go black for a moment and occasionally freeze up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What else could cause displays to randomly go black for a moment and occasionally freeze up...: There is one desk in our office in particular that has an ongoing issue with monitors briefly going black at random intervals. We haven't been able to find a solution for almost 2 years now. I believe the behavior has changed over time, but currently only one of the three...
  6. What else could cause displays to randomly go black for a moment and occasionally freeze up...

7. My WiFi adapter keeps disabling automatically, and my Windows system freezes occasionally.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My WiFi adapter keeps disabling automatically, and my Windows system freezes occasionally.: My Asus Tuf F15FX506LI Gaming laptop Mediatek wireless adapter MT 7921 wifi 6 just randomly disables itself after I open my laptop I did many troubleshoots and restarting my laptop and even making a network reset uninstalling the drivers and downloading them back I had this...
  8. My WiFi adapter keeps disabling automatically, and my Windows system freezes occasionally.

My WiFi adapter keeps disabling automatically, and my Windows system freezes occasionally.: My Asus Tuf F15FX506LI Gaming laptop Mediatek wireless adapter MT 7921 wifi 6 just randomly disables itself after I open my laptop I did many troubleshoots and restarting my laptop and even making a network reset uninstalling the drivers and downloading them back I had this...
  9. Why does my Windows 10 occasionally freezes entirely while playing Elite Dangerous ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Windows 10 occasionally freezes entirely while playing Elite Dangerous ?: My Windows 10 occasionally freezes entirely while playing Elite Dangerous in multiplayer mode.It is completely stable with applications, other games and in every other situation.It only freezes from time to time in that game and only in multiplayer mode <> 4 times since last...
  10. Why does my Windows 10 occasionally freezes entirely while playing Elite Dangerous ?

Why does my Windows 10 occasionally freezes entirely while playing Elite Dangerous ?: My Windows 10 occasionally freezes entirely while playing Elite Dangerous in multiplayer mode.It is completely stable with applications, other games and in every other situation.It only freezes from time to time in that game and only in multiplayer mode <> 4 times since last...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. occasional windows start freeze