Windows 10: Occasional pop-up after signing-in

Discus and support Occasional pop-up after signing-in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 (64-bit) v1909, Build 18363.778 set up as a Local account and sometimes (not enough to be a problem but enough to make me curious), after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wiganken, May 2, 2020.

1. wiganken Win User

Occasional pop-up after signing-in

Windows 10 (64-bit) v1909, Build 18363.778 set up as a Local account and sometimes (not enough to be a problem but enough to make me curious), after signing-in, I will see a Windows 10 pop-up. See picture: -

Occasional pop-up after signing-in [​IMG]

Does anyone know how to stop it happening? Thanks in advance.

:)

wiganken, May 2, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

Windows Security sign in pop up

Since you are still getting this pop up window, the next suggestion we have is to reset the network. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Network & Internet.
    • On the Status tab, click on Network reset.

Doing this will make Windows forget the connection credentials and other networking components. You may have to re-enter you WiFi credentials if you will attempt to connect to your home network.

Let us know the results.

John Vil, May 2, 2020
  3. jimhoyle Win User
    How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, May 2, 2020
  4. Occasional pop-up after signing-in

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Occasional pop-up after signing-in

1. Occasional pop-up after signing-in - Similar Threads - Occasional pop signing

2. Windows Security Sign In Pop Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Sign In Pop Up: I have a user that I recently swapped to a new machine. Since initial log in she continues to have this Windows Security pop come up every 5-10 minutes. It doesn't matter what she is doing, what apps are open, or any other identifiable cause of the pop up. The pop up doesn't...
  3. Windows Security Sign In Pop Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Sign In Pop Up: I have a user that I recently swapped to a new machine. Since initial log in she continues to have this Windows Security pop come up every 5-10 minutes. It doesn't matter what she is doing, what apps are open, or any other identifiable cause of the pop up. The pop up doesn't...
  4. Pop up during Sign In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop up during Sign In: How to get rid of the Pop up on the right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-during-sign-in/307a89b3-084a-4cb7-a3bf-d8aaf5b09e1b
  5. Pop up during Sign In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop up during Sign In: How to get rid of the Pop up on the right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-during-sign-in/307a89b3-084a-4cb7-a3bf-d8aaf5b09e1b
  6. Microsoft pop-up to Sign in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft pop-up to Sign in.: The company where I used to work at, used Outlook 365. After I quit my job, the account was deleted. But I was signed in from my home computer too. Now everytime I start my PC, or when my internet disconnects or reconnects, the pop up shows. Saying - Sign in. Tell us which...
  7. Windows 10 occasionally start up with no sign-in box

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 occasionally start up with no sign-in box: Every time I start my laptop, there will be times and I mean 2 or 3 out 10 that the laptop (with Windows 10) will start up without any sign-in box. When ever this happen, the laptop does not respond to any keys and the only way to proceed is to press the power button until it...
  8. Occasional unexplained pop up window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Occasional unexplained pop up window: Occasionally an odd window will pop up on my screen. I need help to stop it recurring. Here's what it shows: FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\acer\updater2\updater2.xml The system cannot find the path specified. Cannot access file C:\Program...
  9. Unknown Error Message Pops Up Occasionally

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown Error Message Pops Up Occasionally: Hello. Since I've gotten my new laptop, a random, unknown error message pops up from time to time (about once every 2 days) that looks ominous but seems to have had no real bearing on anything else. The message has a title of "RansomDefender" and the error message is "...
  10. Google Sign In Pop Up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Sign In Pop Up: No changes made to my system recently, but all of a sudden I'm getting a Google Sign In Pop Up. First pop up box: Sign in with your Google Account (username), which takes you to a similar box for Password, which if entered takes you to a box with a weird choice, something...