Windows 10: Occasional popping sound when audio is played

Discus and support Occasional popping sound when audio is played in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About a month ago I had an audio problem where when I played sound, static noise would play and would make a popping sound when it comes on and off. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Flaaroni, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Flaaroni Win User

Occasional popping sound when audio is played

About a month ago I had an audio problem where when I played sound, static noise would play and would make a popping sound when it comes on and off. I changed the driver to an older version which worked until now. Whenever I play pretty much any sound, I hear a popping noise every few seconds or so. The same thing happens when I use other headphones or wireless headphones. Does anyone know how to fix this? My model is Alienware m15 r3

:)

Flaaroni, Apr 6, 2021

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 6, 2021
  3. No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Occasional popping sound when audio is played

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Occasional popping sound when audio is played

1. Occasional popping sound when audio is played - Similar Threads - Occasional popping sound

2. Audio crackling/popping sounds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio crackling/popping sounds.: Hello there,Recently I've noticed that my Windows 11 was having some audio issues, especially when audio started/stopped playing you would hear a pop sound, or especially when changing audio levels, either from the windows volume or any app volume slider, you can hear some...
  3. Audio crackling/popping sounds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio crackling/popping sounds.: Hello there,Recently I've noticed that my Windows 11 was having some audio issues, especially when audio started/stopped playing you would hear a pop sound, or especially when changing audio levels, either from the windows volume or any app volume slider, you can hear some...
  4. Occasional sound crackling/popping when on full battery or streaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional sound crackling/popping when on full battery or streaming: Hello so this is an issue that I have been having with my laptop for the past week and I can't seem to make it go away, I use a Lenovo thinkpad E495 and it has its own audio devices set up with it along with synaptics the default audio driver.Basically what has been happening...
  5. Occasional sound crackling/popping when on full battery or streaming

Occasional sound crackling/popping when on full battery or streaming: Hello so this is an issue that I have been having with my laptop for the past week and I can't seem to make it go away, I use a Lenovo thinkpad E495 and it has its own audio devices set up with it along with synaptics the default audio driver.Basically what has been happening...
  6. Occasional sound crackling/popping when on full battery or streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Solution for anyone getting a popping sound when playing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solution for anyone getting a popping sound when playing audio: I've been getting an annoying popping sound in my headphones whenever I start playing any audio after nothing's been playing for more than 10 seconds. I've looked all over the internet trying out any potential solution I could find, but nothing worked for me. That is, except...
  8. Solution for anyone getting a popping sound when playing audio

Solution for anyone getting a popping sound when playing audio: I've been getting an annoying popping sound in my headphones whenever I start playing any audio after nothing's been playing for more than 10 seconds. I've looked all over the internet trying out any potential solution I could find, but nothing worked for me. That is, except...
  9. Buzzing audio sound when playing audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Buzzing audio sound when playing audio: Hello, So my specs are -- Mother board Asus Z87, this is my sound card Realtek ALC892 -- CPU i5 4670K -- GPU gtx 1070 -- Windows 10 64 bit. So, about a week ago, i have rebooted my Windows did whole reinstall , this had never...
  10. Audio Popping and Crackling Sounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Popping and Crackling Sounds: Ive seen other posts on this subject, but they are now archived or else i would have gone and commented on those, and despite their age, this issue still persists for myself and probably many others. I first noticed this while playing Fallout 4 recently, with a true...