Windows 10: Occasional problems of unlocking Windows after hibernation

Discus and support Occasional problems of unlocking Windows after hibernation in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there, Since this happened the second time in 1 week, I've decided to post the issue. Here is the picture of the screen of my notebook after it was... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jimmy Bionic, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Occasional problems of unlocking Windows after hibernation

Hi there, Since this happened the second time in 1 week, I've decided to post the issue. Here is the picture of the screen of my notebook after it was awakened from hibernation 5 minutes ago. As you can see, there is no password entry field on the screen and no way I can choose between my accounts to log in. The screen has been like this for 5 minutes while Windows was seemingly performing some of its update checking or whatever operations in the background as I can judge by looking at the flashing hard disk indicator. The only way I can unlock and access my computer is by rebooting it from

:)

Jimmy Bionic, Oct 25, 2021

2. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 25, 2021
  4. Occasional problems of unlocking Windows after hibernation

hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Occasional problems of unlocking Windows after hibernation

1. Occasional problems of unlocking Windows after hibernation - Similar Threads - Occasional problems unlocking

2. Computer occasionally does not respond to unlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer occasionally does not respond to unlock: Hello,I've been having a problem for maybe the last 2 or 3 months where, every now and then, when I try to unlock my PC after not having used it overnight, the monitor wakes up but gets stuck on a light blue not exactly the BSoD blue screen. I have tried to re-lock the PC...
  3. Computer occasionally does not respond to unlock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer occasionally does not respond to unlock: Hello,I've been having a problem for maybe the last 2 or 3 months where, every now and then, when I try to unlock my PC after not having used it overnight, the monitor wakes up but gets stuck on a light blue not exactly the BSoD blue screen. I have tried to re-lock the PC...
  4. System occasionally turns off in hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System occasionally turns off in hibernation: Hello,my system occasionally turns off in hibernation. I have severel programs open, which i don't want to start and rearrange everytime i start working after being afk for a while.My specs are:CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: TUF Gaming GeForce RTX™ 3070 V2RAM: 16GB G.Skill RipJaws V...
  5. System occasionally turns off in hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System occasionally turns off in hibernation: Hello,my system occasionally turns off in hibernation. I have severel programs open, which i don't want to start and rearrange everytime i start working after being afk for a while.My specs are:CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: TUF Gaming GeForce RTX™ 3070 V2RAM: 16GB G.Skill RipJaws V...
  6. System occasionally turns off in hibernation

7. [W11] Unlock screen occasionally blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [W11] Unlock screen occasionally blank: Hello,I generally use hibernation to power down my computer, only occasionally doing a full shutdown. However, occasionally when I wake it from hibernation and attempt to login, the unlock screen is almost completely blank - my profile picture is missing and there's no option...
  8. [W11] Unlock screen occasionally blank

[W11] Unlock screen occasionally blank: Hello,I generally use hibernation to power down my computer, only occasionally doing a full shutdown. However, occasionally when I wake it from hibernation and attempt to login, the unlock screen is almost completely blank - my profile picture is missing and there's no option...
  9. Occasional problems of unlocking Windows after hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional problems of unlocking Windows after hibernation: Hi there, Since this happened the second time in 1 week, I've decided to post the issue. Here is the picture of the screen of my notebook after it was awakened from hibernation 5 minutes ago. As you can see, there is no password entry field on the screen and no way I can...
  10. Occasional problems of unlocking Windows after hibernation

Occasional problems of unlocking Windows after hibernation: Hi there, Since this happened the second time in 1 week, I've decided to post the issue. Here is the picture of the screen of my notebook after it was awakened from hibernation 5 minutes ago. As you can see, there is no password entry field on the screen and no way I can...