Windows 10: Occasional screeching sound

Discus and support Occasional screeching sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I get an occasional screeching sound on audio playback and any app I'm using nearly grinds to a halt. It stops after a short while, but has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BillAllender, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Occasional screeching sound

I get an occasional screeching sound on audio playback and any app I'm using nearly grinds to a halt. It stops after a short while, but has been happening more frequently recently. I have downloaded all Windows 10 updates and the drivers seem up to date.

:)

BillAllender, Dec 6, 2020

2. speaker is screeching

my laptop sound mixer is causing a screeching sound

MartinBurgess1, Dec 6, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Occasional screeching sound :p

cadaveca, Dec 6, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Occasional screeching sound

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Occasional screeching sound

1. Occasional screeching sound - Similar Threads - Occasional screeching sound

2. Startup Sound Screeching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Sound Screeching: Not sure what started causing this. Whenever I startup the PC and the startup sound plays it sounds all distorted and glitches out. It's a loud ear piercing screech. I literally have to turn my headset down all the way. The only solution I have is turning off the startup...
  3. Startup Sound Screeching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Sound Screeching: Not sure what started causing this. Whenever I startup the PC and the startup sound plays it sounds all distorted and glitches out. It's a loud ear piercing screech. I literally have to turn my headset down all the way. The only solution I have is turning off the startup...
  4. Audio screeching sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio screeching sound: Hi. During game play, and happens intermittently, I get a very loud, like screeching/scratching sound. Practically knocks me off my chair. I ordered a headset for my games. Should this sound come thru, it will perforate my eardrums. I just got windows 11. I never experienced...
  5. Audio screeching sound

Audio screeching sound: Hi. During game play, and happens intermittently, I get a very loud, like screeching/scratching sound. Practically knocks me off my chair. I ordered a headset for my games. Should this sound come thru, it will perforate my eardrums. I just got windows 11. I never experienced...
  6. Only screeching sounds coming off from Bluetooth speaker.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only screeching sounds coming off from Bluetooth speaker.: Hello. I have very common headset JBL 500 BT and operating system Win 10. I can not use it on desktop computer, it only makes screeching sounds. When testing there sounds a usual ping and a lot of loud statics. Microphone does not work. Microphone icon appears and Win 10...
  7. Occasional thump in sound system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Occasional thump in sound system: A few times an hour there will be a thump noise coming through the sound system. I have a Logitech x-530 5.1 system that worked really well on the older PC with windows 7. My new PC, an HP desktop with lots of processor power and memory, and using the same sound system, is...
  8. Microsoft Edge Immersive Reader: Screeching sound?

Microsoft Edge Immersive Reader: Screeching sound?: When I'm working, I like to turn on the immersive reader on Microsoft Edge and listen while I finish my work. Lately, I'm noticing with the natural voices especially the Guy and Aria English there is a screeching sound that happens every now and then. It's annoying and it...
  9. Freezing/Crashing and making Buzzing/Screeching sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing/Crashing and making Buzzing/Screeching sound: Hello, I have just recently got a good gaming pc but anytime i game on Arma 3 or really high end games i will freeze and it will make a annoying sound through my headset here are my specs if anyone can help thanks :) GTX 1050 TI FX-8350 STOCK 4 GHz 12GB DDR3 Ram 425 W...
  10. Annoying occasional alert like sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying occasional alert like sound: Win 10. There are no alarms set. System sounds had been muted. Narrator and Text-to-Speech turned off. Silent period 7PM to 7AM. At 1 AM and other times there were loud double bells clangs. At other random times, many hours apart, there have been loud symbol crashes. 78323