Windows 10: Occasional Windows 10 hang

Discus and support Occasional Windows 10 hang in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a strange thing happening with my PC. When I am doing something or running microsoft edge, the whole PC becomes unresponsive, where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by peteB12, Dec 20, 2020.

1. peteB12 Win User

Occasional Windows 10 hang

Hi there,

I have a strange thing happening with my PC. When I am doing something or running microsoft edge, the whole PC becomes unresponsive, where the mouse can move for a while and start menu can be opened but nothing else. Then eventually the whole system freezes. I try to press CTRL-ALT-DEL but that doesnt do anything.

It only happens occasionally. I have looked into windows log and there arent anything listed as a critical error or any software issues.

I have done a memtest, disk drive test and systems files check, but they are all fine.

I run high end games and they dont crash at all.

All drivers are up to date.

My PC specs are:

Intel 10900k not overclocked

32GB ram Running XMP 3200 G SKill Trident

Asus Tuf Gaming motherboard

Nvidia 2080 Super

Any ideas?

Pete

:)

peteB12, Dec 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Occasional Windows 10 hang - Similar Threads - Occasional hang

2. My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter: Every key on my laptop is functional except my “E” key. I’ve tried every YouTube tutorial and even taken out my key to clean. Is there way to fix this?...
  3. My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter: Every key on my laptop is functional except my “E” key. I’ve tried every YouTube tutorial and even taken out my key to clean. Is there way to fix this?...
  4. My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I am getting occasionally Blue Screen after upgrading Windows to 11 for Dell Latitude 7490

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am getting occasionally Blue Screen after upgrading Windows to 11 for Dell Latitude 7490: I am getting occasionally Blue Screen after upgrading Windows to 11 for Dell Latitude 7490. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-occasionally-blue-screen-after/4890fa82-0c5e-4e4d-82b5-c46caa94a2c4
  6. When uninstalling / deleting folders occasionally a process will still be hanging that...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When uninstalling / deleting folders occasionally a process will still be hanging that...: Is there any way to track which process is using the file to permanently remove it? submitted by /u/Skullfurious [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epwb8m/when_uninstalling_deleting_folders_occasionally_a/
  7. Computer Occasionally "Hangs" on "Sign Out"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Occasionally "Hangs" on "Sign Out": This is a question regarding a computer that intermittently “hangs” at “sign out”. When it hangs, the screen goes black and no commands are possible. The only recovery is to depress and hold the power button. The computer is a laptop Toshiba Satellite L55-C5272 that was...
  8. explorer.exe occasional hang

in Windows 10 Support
    explorer.exe occasional hang: so...since I got my new tower on the 16th, during the few times I've had it actually online and running, every so often, at least once a session, explorer.exe will become unresponsive and then hang, followed by automatically restarting itself. what I want to know is if...
  9. Occasional black screen/hang which doesn't produce minidumps

in Windows 10 Support
    Occasional black screen/hang which doesn't produce minidumps: Recently i've updated my pc to Windows 10 and now it keeps crashing/hanging quite often and mostly while im in games. Basically the "shutdown sound" plays, PC freezes, monitor goes black, keyboard and everything else switches off but apparently the pc continues working...
  10. Win 10 - Explorer.exe hanging occasionally, MPC hangs on skip

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 - Explorer.exe hanging occasionally, MPC hangs on skip: For the past couple of weeks, explorer.exe has behaved oddly. It usually stalls for long enough for me to provoke the "the application has stopped responding, would you like to close it?" error to appear just after logging in (Not normal. Using an NVME) I finally decided...