Windows 10: Occasionally, computer will glitch out after reaching desktop, after booting up.

Discus and support Occasionally, computer will glitch out after reaching desktop, after booting up. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I have an odd problem that doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes, after I boot up, the computer will reach the desktop, and none of the startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Snydrex, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Snydrex Win User

Occasionally, computer will glitch out after reaching desktop, after booting up.

So, I have an odd problem that doesn't happen all the time.

Sometimes, after I boot up, the computer will reach the desktop, and none of the startup applications will run. And when I try to place my cursor on the toolbar, the cursor will gain a small loading circle next to it, except the circle will be frozen and not moving. NOT the cursor. I can still move the mouse, every time this has happened.

Interacting with the toolbar or the start menu will not work well, as the icons will be frozen and the search bar will not come up with results that can be seen. Shutting down or restarting does not work either, though I can open up the shut down menu and choose to restart, shut down, or sleep. Clicking them does nothing, though. The problem is normally solved through turning off the computer via the power button.

Steam, Discord, both are set to booting automatically on startup, but neither do, and although I can still use my computer in a limited sense (I could check the event logs, open the task manager, etc) it's annoying. I haven't had much time to test what I can and cannot do with it, as I cannot predict when it happens, but it would be nice to know what causes it.

The event viewer was stuck on a certain error that reads:

Windows Hello for Business provisioning will not be launched.

Device AAD joined (AADJ or DJ++): Not Tested

User has logged in with AAD credentials: No

Windows Hello for Business policy is enabled:Not Tested

Local computer meets Windows Hello for Business hardware requirements: Not Tested

User is not connected to the machine via remote Desktop: Yes

My specs:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600
    14nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. AB350-Gaming 3-CF
    Graphics
    T22B350 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA)
    Storage
    111GB SanDisk SDSSDA120G (SATA (SSD))
    1863GB Seagate ST2000DM006-2DM164 (SATA )

:)

Snydrex, Sep 29, 2018

2. Computer Keeps restarting itself after it reaches the desktop

Hi Anionic,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system as it keeps rebooting from once boots to desktop. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

I suggest you to perform Clean Boot as you are able to successfully boot the device in Safe mode with Network and check if there are any third-party applications or services causing this issue.

Step 1: Perform a Clean boot to
    check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Step 2: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps and update us the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection not reaching office computer from my laptop (Windows 10), but I can reach it from other computers

Hi Bryce,

To assist you with the concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Network & Internet.
    • Click Ethernet > Ethernet Connection Icon.
    Then, you will see an option to allow your device to be discoverable. After turning on, check if you were able to do Remote Desktop connection on your system.

If the issue still persists, you may also try re0installing Remote Desktop Connection on your computer.

Let us know how it goes,

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Sep 29, 2018
  4. Occasionally, computer will glitch out after reaching desktop, after booting up.

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Occasionally, computer will glitch out after reaching desktop, after booting up.

1. Occasionally, computer will glitch out after reaching desktop, after booting up. - Similar Threads - Occasionally computer glitch

2. Occasional BSOD crashes.. After cleaning the computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional BSOD crashes.. After cleaning the computer.: So when cleaned, accidentally slightly unplugged something(not sure what exactly, have a clue where though). At first when put everything together system didn't post, so plugged everything better and checked if it works again and some other details too(like ram, video card...
  3. Desktop washed out when HDR is on.. but only after boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop washed out when HDR is on.. but only after boot: Hi all, As in title, desktop looks terrible when using HDR. reds look orange, etc. "washed out" seems to express this phenomenon well. this always happens after boot. turning the monitor off & on fixes the problem, as does opening Display Settings and turning HDR off & on....
  4. Computer won't boot occasionally

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't boot occasionally: I have to start the computer and hope it start normally every time I turn it on or I have to shut it down and try again. This usually cost me 5 or more tries. The debug cpu led always turns on so I reseated the cpu and reapplied thermal paste but it didn't work. I cleared...
  5. Occasional pop-up after signing-in

in Windows 10 Support
    Occasional pop-up after signing-in: Windows 10 (64-bit) v1909, Build 18363.778 set up as a Local account and sometimes (not enough to be a problem but enough to make me curious), after signing-in, I will see a Windows 10 pop-up. See picture: - [img] Does anyone know how to stop it happening? Thanks in...
  6. Computer Glitching After Previous BSOD

Computer Glitching After Previous BSOD: About a week ago, I happened to have a BSOD. It collected data, restarted, and everything seemed to be fine. I didn't think anything of it until I started to have glitches after having my computer on more than 5 or so hours I'm guessing on time but it was at least this long....
  7. Lock Screen glitching occasionally

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen glitching occasionally: My lock screen has been glitching a few times in the past month. Sometimes when i press a key to go to the login screen, the screen goes black and resturns back to the lock screen after a few seconds. After trying again a few times, I force restarted it and it started...
  8. Computer Glitching Out

Computer Glitching Out: So my girlfriends computer keeps glitching out. When she turns it on it works fine for a couple minutes then whatever program she is running begins to freeze. Her mouse then turns into the I instead of the pointer and it becomes completely unresponsive to the point where the...
  9. Computer not booting up after BSOD

Computer not booting up after BSOD: I am using Dell inspiron laptop (pretty old one) which started acting weirdly. Upon examining, there was a problem with HDD so I had it changed. As soon as I got new HDD installed and installed Windows 10 on it, computer started acting weird again - slow startups, random...
  10. Computer Occasionally "Hangs" on "Sign Out"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Occasionally "Hangs" on "Sign Out": This is a question regarding a computer that intermittently “hangs” at “sign out”. When it hangs, the screen goes black and no commands are possible. The only recovery is to depress and hold the power button. The computer is a laptop Toshiba Satellite L55-C5272 that was...