Windows 10: Occasionally hearing Windows system sound (default), how do I find out where it comes from?

Discus and support Occasionally hearing Windows system sound (default), how do I find out where it comes from? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Only system sounds are specified as sources in the sound mixer. I have countless programs open, closing them all would be very costly. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KnorxyThieus, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Occasionally hearing Windows system sound (default), how do I find out where it comes from?

Only system sounds are specified as sources in the sound mixer.

I have countless programs open, closing them all would be very costly. How can I narrow this down?

Win10 1903

:)

KnorxyThieus, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Black Win User

Windows 10 - find out where sound is coming from

My cat pressed on a function key on my keyboard and now a playlist or song plays somewhere in the background. I don't know how to stop it, there is no suspicious task in the task manager or in the tray.

How can I figure out where the sound is coming from?

Black, Aug 1, 2020
  3. pegster# Win User
    Windows 10 screen saver - How do i find out where the photo is from?

any suggestions where on the microsoft website? i already tried searching there and i get a lot of links to how to download screen savers, etc., but nothing on how to find out where the photo was taken. this may sound trivial, but i believe in photo captions
    or at least locations. thanks

pegster#, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Kai Ponte Win User

Occasionally hearing Windows system sound (default), how do I find out where it comes from?

How do I change default system notification sound?

I've been using W10 on my devices (HTC One M8, Lumia 950XL) for awhile now. I finally got tired of hearing the default notification sound for system alerts. I know to change the app notifications, you go to ALL SETTINGS > SYSTEM > NOTIFICATIONS & ACTIONS.

Occasionally hearing Windows system sound (default), how do I find out where it comes from? 04c14e4d-1028-45fd-b740-da83b0d9fe33.png

However no where in there does it suggest how to change the default notification. I've searched both Bing and Google. No luck.

'

Occasionally hearing Windows system sound (default), how do I find out where it comes from? 1536cd85-e2db-4015-85a6-75cab4d48e28.png

Ideas? FWIW, I'm on Build 14283.1000 in the Fast ring. Though this has been kind of nagging me since I got the 950XL.

TIA

Kai Ponte, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Occasionally hearing Windows system sound (default), how do I find out where it comes from?

1. Occasionally hearing Windows system sound (default), how do I find out where it comes from? - Similar Threads - Occasionally hearing system

2. The Windows 11 default username - where is it coming from and how can I change it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Windows 11 default username - where is it coming from and how can I change it?: Hi, this is an issue related to installing Windows 11 Pro in a PC I purchased. My friend gave me a Windows 11 Pro USB boot drive that he made, so that I could install it. The SSD in this PC is entirely new. For some reason, on installation it gives his first name as the main...
  3. The Windows 11 default username - where is it coming from and how can I change it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Windows 11 default username - where is it coming from and how can I change it?: Hi, this is an issue related to installing Windows 11 Pro in a PC I purchased. My friend gave me a Windows 11 Pro USB boot drive that he made, so that I could install it. The SSD in this PC is entirely new. For some reason, on installation it gives his first name as the main...
  4. my system crashed for no reason how do i find out why?where is the log for that

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my system crashed for no reason how do i find out why?where is the log for that: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 07/08/1402 09:34:12 ق.ظ Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: ShadowSH Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error...
  5. my system crashed for no reason how do i find out why?where is the log for that

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my system crashed for no reason how do i find out why?where is the log for that: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 07/08/1402 09:34:12 ق.ظ Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: ShadowSH Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error...
  6. my system crashed for no reason how do i find out why?where is the log for that

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Occasional thump in sound system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Occasional thump in sound system: A few times an hour there will be a thump noise coming through the sound system. I have a Logitech x-530 5.1 system that worked really well on the older PC with windows 7. My new PC, an HP desktop with lots of processor power and memory, and using the same sound system, is...
  8. Any1 knows where this sound is coming from?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any1 knows where this sound is coming from?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VersatileR6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g5gdks/any1_knows_where_this_sound_is_coming_from/
  9. How to find where macro is coming from

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to find where macro is coming from: submitted by /u/Mythril_Zombie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/egnwxg/how_to_find_where_macro_is_coming_from/
  10. Cannot hear sounds from browser & games but I can hear system sounds!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot hear sounds from browser & games but I can hear system sounds!: (SOLVED) Sometimes I cannot hear sounds from games, browsers (all of them) and programs. The funny thing is that I can hear system sounds e.g. when I change the sound level. Solution: My desktop PC has 4 users. To describe the solution, I must write the scenario...