Windows 10: Occasionally i cannot connect to the WiFi on my PC

Discus and support Occasionally i cannot connect to the WiFi on my PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, i have faced a problem when my WiFi just randomly cuts out on all Computer devices in my home (Desktop PC and Laptop) however, it says that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Miner0144, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Miner0144 Win User

Occasionally i cannot connect to the WiFi on my PC

Recently, i have faced a problem when my WiFi just randomly cuts out on all Computer devices in my home (Desktop PC and Laptop) however, it says that the WiFi is connected on both computers. Also there is no problems what so ever when i try to connect and use the WiFi on my phone. Also, when my Desktop is not running i never seem to get this problem on my laptop so i believe that it could be a hardware problem with my Desktop which causes the WiFi to crash.

To fix this problem i have to completely restart the router (turn off for 10 seconds and then turn back on again) however takes a while for my computer to reconnect.

It would be incredibly useful to know how i would be able to fix this problem. Thanks.

:)

Miner0144, Jul 18, 2019
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Occasionally i cannot connect to the WiFi on my PC

Due to Windows 10 Anniversary Update, my wifi connection occasionally fails, requiring reboot

Hi,

There are some reasons behind this concern like driver, conflicting software, corrupted system files faulty hardware, intermittent connectivity and such. For us to isolate what's causing this, please provide information on the following:

• How long has this been going on?
    • Is there any specific time of the day in which this is happening?
    • Was there any changes prior to this concern?
    • Is your PC part of a domain or secured group?
    • Are you accessing public or home WiFi?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Have you tried connecting your PC to a different WiFi?
    For now, we suggest to do a clean boot to isolate software conflicts then, update your driver
    from your manufacturers website then check if it rectifies the concern.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Occasionally i cannot connect to the WiFi on my PC

1. Occasionally i cannot connect to the WiFi on my PC - Similar Threads - Occasionally cannot connect

2. My WIFI showing with an extension as a result my PC cannot connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My WIFI showing with an extension as a result my PC cannot connect: Hi,Last night the wifi wasn’t working and today when I signed in my PC it was showing an extension to my wifi name as a result I can’t connect to internet. Rogers claims that is not their issue. Can it be a window 11 problem?HelpThanks, RoGirl...
  3. My WIFI showing with an extension as a result my PC cannot connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My WIFI showing with an extension as a result my PC cannot connect: Hi,Last night the wifi wasn’t working and today when I signed in my PC it was showing an extension to my wifi name as a result I can’t connect to internet. Rogers claims that is not their issue. Can it be a window 11 problem?HelpThanks, RoGirl...
  4. PC WiFi Cannot Connect At Times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC WiFi Cannot Connect At Times: Dear MSCSAbout two months ago, I changed the network adaptor after no service for the past 3 years, because the company said that they had stopped supporting it, so its upgraded.It now includes Bluetooth too, but yesterday the WiFi stopped connecting.I eventually connected to...
  5. PC WiFi Cannot Connect At Times

PC WiFi Cannot Connect At Times: Dear MSCSAbout two months ago, I changed the network adaptor after no service for the past 3 years, because the company said that they had stopped supporting it, so its upgraded.It now includes Bluetooth too, but yesterday the WiFi stopped connecting.I eventually connected to...
  6. PC WiFi Cannot Connect At Times

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I have wifi connection on my computer and wifi connection on my printer but I cannot print!...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have wifi connection on my computer and wifi connection on my printer but I cannot print!...: Help, I cannot print with my new printer. I have installed the printer but the computer and printer aren't talking to one another. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-wifi-connection-on-my-computer-and-wifi/d0f2f94d-da67-4fa7-a807-c39890775abc
  8. I have wifi connection on my computer and wifi connection on my printer but I cannot print!...

I have wifi connection on my computer and wifi connection on my printer but I cannot print!...: Help, I cannot print with my new printer. I have installed the printer but the computer and printer aren't talking to one another. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-wifi-connection-on-my-computer-and-wifi/d0f2f94d-da67-4fa7-a807-c39890775abc
  9. wifi disconnects occasionally

wifi disconnects occasionally: Hi, I recently updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since then I find the internet wifi signal via extension booster goes down almost immediately I log on. I have to keep going into the internet access symbol, disconnect from my Hub extension then reconnect . Then it's...
  10. Cannot connect to wifi

Cannot connect to wifi: I cannot connect to wifi my hotspot comes up n when I connect it asked for a network security number and does that for every network i try to connect to. I troubleshoot and it says I have no preferred wireless networks. Plz help...