Windows 10: Occasionally "Microsoft print to pdf" creates empty files

Discus and support Occasionally "Microsoft print to pdf" creates empty files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having an issue with “Microsoft print to pdf”. It occasionally creates a blank page, empty pdf file. It worked perfectly for years, but over the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MB NH, Nov 21, 2018.

1. MB NH Win User

Occasionally "Microsoft print to pdf" creates empty files

Having an issue with “Microsoft print to pdf”. It occasionally creates a blank page, empty pdf file. It worked perfectly for years, but over the last two weeks this issue popped up. I have uninstalled the print to pdf “printer” in “Devices and Printers”. Then added it again. The problem persists. Checked for Windows updates. No change.

It only happens occasionally with no detectable pattern. No special characters in the file names.

Thank You

:)

MB NH, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Microsoft "Print to PDF" prints out Garbage

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Microsoft Print to PDF, we just have a few questions for you:

• What are the documents that you're trying to save as a PDF file?
    • Can you provide us a step-by-step screenshot of how you print your documents as PDF?

Erika Aro, Nov 21, 2018
  3. hfrmobile Win User
    Microsoft Print to PDF just creates empty PDF file

Microsoft Print to PDF just creates empty PDF file (1 KB size). Seems to be valid PDF, but see just a white sheet of paper.

I do not get any error message, just a PDF with 1KB size is created....

Also tried Add/Remove "Windows Feature" - just changed nothing!

Any suggestions?

hfrmobile, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Occasionally "Microsoft print to pdf" creates empty files

Microsoft Print to PDF mixes up JPGs.

Hi Anita,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What happens when you select small bunch of images and try to print?
    • Is the issue specific to the Microsoft Print to PDF?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Create a new folder and copy the images you want in PDF.
    • Sort the images as you want. (It always copies as per the sorted time/date)
    • Set the images in Order/Sequence as you want it to be set in PDF.
    • Select all and Print it to PDF.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Occasionally "Microsoft print to pdf" creates empty files

1. Occasionally "Microsoft print to pdf" creates empty files - Similar Threads - Occasionally Microsoft print

2. Microsoft Print to PDF tool create file 0kB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Print to PDF tool create file 0kB: I use Microsoft Print to PDF but it create file 0kB and can't open. I have tried all the ways on this forum but it still doesn't work. Help./. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf-tool-create-file-0kb/c953c3b5-6e80-4f6d-a10a-d44f35701c51
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF tool create file 0kB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Print to PDF tool create file 0kB: I use Microsoft Print to PDF but it create file 0kB and can't open. I have tried all the ways on this forum but it still doesn't work. Help./. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf-tool-create-file-0kb/c953c3b5-6e80-4f6d-a10a-d44f35701c51
  4. Microsoft Print to PDF tool create file 0kB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PDF printing from microsoft created docs

PDF printing from microsoft created docs: I cannot get either Adobe PDF or Microsoft Print to PDF printers to change the default setting of "letter" to "A4". I have followed the instruction previously indicated on this forum. I am allowed to make the setting change as a preference, but the properties dialogue box...
  6. PDF print files

PDF print files: What inexpensive or free app or download is recommended to print to pdf large or custom paper sizes such as ArchD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-print-files/ba3eb7df-2b84-401a-ab03-cc8ae2dcd5f7
  7. Microsoft Print to PDF File Date

Microsoft Print to PDF File Date: Since the start of the new year, any time that I utilize the Microsoft Print to PDF printer option that can be located on my Windows 10 desktop, the time that the PDF is produced shows 1/1/2000 with whatever time after 00:00 AM based upon the first time the process is used on...
  8. Preview of Landscape PDFs created with Microsoft print to PDF

Preview of Landscape PDFs created with Microsoft print to PDF: Hello, I have the following problem, if i print a document (from different programms) in orientation paper size. After viewing this in Adobe Acrobat or in Microsoft Edge the paper whould be shown in portrait. See the picture [ATTACH] On other pc`s, if I print the same...
  9. Microsoft Print to PDF Creates an Empty File (XPS too, if you use it)

Microsoft Print to PDF Creates an Empty File (XPS too, if you use it): Hello, First, some keywords to help search engines find this page. Microsoft Print To PDF Empty Zero Length File Not Working Administrator It's clear that the number of people with this problem is vast. While I don't claim to be able to solve the problem for...
  10. Empty PDF in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Empty PDF in Microsoft Edge: All of a sudden, when I open some (not all) PDFs they have blank contents in Edge. No viewer like Acrobat or PDFXChange installed. No viruses and SFC /scannow is all right. I don't think it's browser related but a more generic PDF format filter (?) corruption in my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows print to pdf but file is empty

2. print to pdf creating empty files

3. microsoft edge pdf print file empty

4. print to microsoft pdf creates zero length file and a copy in a onedrive folder,
  5. print to pdf empty,
  6. microsoft print to pdf empty file