Windows 10: Occasionally unable to see NAS drives in home network, Win10 64-bit

Discus and support Occasionally unable to see NAS drives in home network, Win10 64-bit in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win 10 64-bit. Paired Drobo 5N2 NAS. These two units (synched with a master and slave) are attached through my home network. Every once in a while, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kdkrone, Oct 23, 2017.

1. kdkrone Win User

Occasionally unable to see NAS drives in home network, Win10 64-bit

Win 10 64-bit. Paired Drobo 5N2 NAS. These two units (synched with a master and slave) are attached through my home network. Every once in a while, the master unit will become undiscoverable in File Explorer. It remains "ping-able". The resolution of the problem is to reboot, and then, usually after a few minutes, the unit becomes "visible" again. How do I begin approaching how to solve this problem?

Thanks
    Ken K

:)

kdkrone, Oct 23, 2017
  2. Peters48 Win User

RPC error: cannot connect to NAS drive

Since upgrading from Win7(64) to Win10(64), I have been unable to connect to my NAS drive (\\NET_DRIVE). While I can see the drive in windows for mapping a drive, File Explorer and Network Sharing, when I try to map the drive, I get the following error:
    \\NET_DRIVE is not accessible.... A remote procedure call (RPC) protocol error occurred.

• The NAS drive is connected to my WiFi router, not to a remote computer.
    • The user profile I'm using has administrative rights
    • This problem did not occur when running Windows 7. It started when I upgraded to Windows 10
    How can I fix this so I can access my NAS drive?

Peters48, Oct 23, 2017
  3. dgarrott Win User
    Windows 10 lost network drives

Windows 10 reset and now all NAS devices are gone. They showed before reset. Win 10 64 bit with all current drivers. NAS devices are visible and usable from other network devices, as they were prior to reset. Home Group joined and discovery set to
    on. How do I get the drives back?

dgarrott, Oct 23, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Have you put a ticket in with the company to see if they are aware of the issue. Have you updated to the latest firmware for the units? Can you use the Dashboard app? Are you using any kind of third party Internet Security software on your computer? Always check the support side of the product first, since they are going to have the most up to date info on any issues.

bro67, Oct 23, 2017
  5. kdkrone Win User
    Ticket-yes
    Latest firmware-yes
    Use dashboard app--ye
    Internet security software-yes. Malwarebytes and Windows security.

kdkrone, Oct 24, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    When rebooting, the system has to find out who is master and slave for how Samba is set up. If you have the username and password in Windows Network passwords, you have mapped folders set to reconnect, the systems should connect once they get a wakeup. I usually boot up and go grab a cup of coffee, then log in and I am in. The only thing that has to access my NAS on a regular basis is my Macbook for Time Machine. Otherwise the NAS is there for any backups once a day for our NVIDIA Shield.

bro67, Oct 24, 2017
  7. kdkrone Win User
    What I have done is to map the drives. As I understand it, the drives will be attached at boot, as opposed to waiting for polling by a network service. I will see how that goes and get back in a few days unless something untoward happens. Thanks, KK

kdkrone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Occasionally unable to see NAS drives in home network, Win10 64-bit - Similar Threads - Occasionally unable NAS

2. Unable to Connect Win10 PC to a NAS Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Connect Win10 PC to a NAS Drive: Three days ago, I upgraded the firmware on a Western Digital PR4100 NAS drive. As part of the firmware update, I had to change the passwords for two of the users. Since then, I cannot access shares on the NAS drive from my main DELL computer. Two days ago, after much fiddling...
  3. Win10 64 bit Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 64 bit Pro: System says I have V1803. My computer has had no internet for couple of years. Today I hooked up to internet and tried to upgrade to V1909. Several hours later while 94% into upgrade INSTALL, I get a message saying unable to continue, system reboots and uninstalls what had...
  4. 32bit to 64 bit win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    32bit to 64 bit win10: I have a big problem , I had before 64 bit Win 10 ( with program file x 86 ) and now I have 32 bit win10 ( without program file x86) What should I do? submitted by /u/ritamagarian123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjf290/32bit_to_64_bit_win10/
  5. Win10 32 bit to 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 32 bit to 64 bit?: I have a 32bit version of Windows 10 Home on a Tower PC. It is a self build that had an OEM version of Windows 7 initially that was subsequently ungraded to Windows 10. Its has a Quad Core Phenom processor and still has plenty of Ummph for what I need but I would like to...
  6. Win10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 64 bit: I have an HP laptop that came with win 10 (64 bit) preinstalled. I am not a fan of 10. I installed win 7 64 bit. 7 will not update due to an unsupported device warning. My question is if I format the drive and install 7 (yes I know it is about done) will I keep getting the...
  7. NAS drives and network

NAS drives and network: Hi All I have a WD EXultra2. I have a laptop (5yr old samsung) running Win10 I have a fairly new PC running Win10 My laptop can see my NAS drive no problem and can access everything on it. My PC has recently decided to not see my NAS drive - no reason that I can...
  8. dosbox for Win10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dosbox for Win10 64 bit: I am just starting to use Dosbox and need some info. When I want to change to a path like d:\ or any other drive I cannot get the \ to show up. It comes back with the ] character, have yet to get the \ one to show? All the rest of the characters show. Why will it not show?...
  9. Not seeing NAS drive

Not seeing NAS drive: Hello Peeps So I profess to being a Win 7 lover and a Win 10 disliker *Sad. Here is my problem all bar one of my pc's in the house have Win 7 installed. The laptop with Win10 will see my house router, as does all the other machines, but won't see my Seagate NAS drive that...
  10. unable to see NAS drive in my network - win 10 Pro

unable to see NAS drive in my network - win 10 Pro: hi there, Today i did a fresh install of win 10 Home today on my laptop but i'm unable to see my NAS Drive in my network. I can put the nas address into the address bar in my Network and i can access it but i don't like to do it that way. I also use Kodi media center and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unable to see the drives in home network with MyCloud Mirror devices attached