Windows 10: occulus rift

Discus and support occulus rift in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; why will my laptop not recognise my occulus headset ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jaebyrne, Dec 25, 2018.

1. jaebyrne Win User

occulus rift

why will my laptop not recognise my occulus headset ?

:)

jaebyrne, Dec 25, 2018

2. occulus rift and PC gaming..

what requirements must be met by a PC game for it to be able to be played with the occulus rift?

purplekaycee, Dec 25, 2018
  3. HDMI / DVI - Occulus Rift Questions

It will probably be a long time before I can afford this thing but it looks pretty exciting. Looking at it's setup made me wonder. Part of the setup requires a HDMI out or DVI output from your PC. Fair enough. But on my Nvidia 980ti GPU I already use the HDMI out to connect to my monitor. It's very hard to get round the back of my PC but from memory there is another DVI port and three other ports that I have no clue what they are (DP? They look like HDMI but slightly different shape). Anyway, I just wondered if the Rift can plug into the empty DVI and at the same time my monitor can remain connected to the HDMI output. If I had the Occulus Rift the last thing I'd want to do is have to go round the back of the PC everytime to unplug the HDMI that goes into the monitor and put the Rift into it's place or in the DVI port because the cannot be concurrently connected.

Another thing that isn't clear to me, despite googling the FAQs and topics, is can Occulus Rift view older games or even the actual desktop? In other words, does the computer screen get replicated through the headset? Obviously I know it wouldn't be 3d or optimised but just wondered.

I also wonder if the thing will demand the very latest GPU drivers. I still use Nvidia drivers from around September time as I really dislike updating them unless there is a compelling need to do so. I read enough horror stories on the Nvidia forums about their latest releases causing all manner of grief for some people. I like the 'if it ain't broker don't fix it approach' so leave them well alone.

Cheers,
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Dec 25, 2018
  4. occulus rift

The occulus rift .. impute methods

The occulus rift would probably be shipped to the market not more than July this year but have been reading various online articles and write-ups about it and could not begin to wonder that that Xbox controller is the only impute method that would be used to communicate with the gAme or computer when being played.

is there a way you could use this thing with other impute devices mainly a keyboard and (excluding the mouse )coz you neck would be doing all the rotational movements?

purplekaycee, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

occulus rift

1. occulus rift - Similar Threads - occulus rift

2. problems with usb changing to 2.0 when it's supposed to stay 3.0 rift headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems with usb changing to 2.0 when it's supposed to stay 3.0 rift headset: I can plug it into any 3.0 port and it changes to 2.0, my sensors still pick it up as 3.0 but watching it in usb tree viewer it puts a generic hub and transfers it to a 2.0, which bricks it pretty much 84.5 fps to 3.5 if anyone here has an idea of how to force it to stay 3.0...
  3. problems with usb changing to 2.0 when it's supposed to stay 3.0 rift headset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problems with usb changing to 2.0 when it's supposed to stay 3.0 rift headset: I can plug it into any 3.0 port and it changes to 2.0, my sensors still pick it up as 3.0 but watching it in usb tree viewer it puts a generic hub and transfers it to a 2.0, which bricks it pretty much 84.5 fps to 3.5 if anyone here has an idea of how to force it to stay 3.0...
  4. problems with usb changing to 2.0 when it's supposed to stay 3.0 rift headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Oculus Rift S not working on Lenovo legion 5 pro gen 6 Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Oculus Rift S not working on Lenovo legion 5 pro gen 6 Laptop: Hello! im not even sure if i can post this question here but please help if you can. i have a Lenovo legion 5 pro gen 6 Laptop that only has an HDMI port and 2 USB-C ports that ive tried to use with USB-C to DisplayPort adapters that have been recommended, but does not work....
  6. Oculus Rift S

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oculus Rift S: I bought an oculus rift s because I have always wanted to play Elite Dangerous in VR and found out to my dismay it has a windows 10 requirement. (I previously had not had the desired specs to run the games i wanted so i didnt see it beneficial to me to go with windows 10)...
  7. Major Audio Issue Involving Rift S

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Major Audio Issue Involving Rift S: I'm not sure if anyone else has been having this problem. I have been using an Oculus Rift S for awhile now and this issue only started after the most recent update to Windows 10. I haven't been able to get ANY audio through my PC. Nothing through the headphones or speakers....
  8. I purchased minecraft windows 10 through the occulus store and now it says I need to unlock...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased minecraft windows 10 through the occulus store and now it says I need to unlock...: Purchased it in November, played off and on. Now when I try to play it says i need to buy the full game. My account is logged in and I am using the same PC I bought it on...
  9. Occulus Quest 2 and WMR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occulus Quest 2 and WMR: Is the occulus quest 2 compatible with WMR games? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/occulus-quest-2-and-wmr/b9725db7-79e2-423b-baa1-ef901427b4ce
  10. HDMI / DVI - Occulus Rift Questions

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI / DVI - Occulus Rift Questions: It will probably be a long time before I can afford this thing but it looks pretty exciting. Looking at it's setup made me wonder. Part of the setup requires a HDMI out or DVI output from your PC. Fair enough. But on my Nvidia 980ti GPU I already use the HDMI out to connect...