Windows 10: Oct 1 update - lost all my files, pictures - was not warned - log in issues

Discus and support Oct 1 update - lost all my files, pictures - was not warned - log in issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows updated without notice on October 1 with no warning - trouble logging in - have lost all my files and pictures -got new password code - still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Char5901#, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Char5901# Win User

Oct 1 update - lost all my files, pictures - was not warned - log in issues

Windows updated without notice on October 1 with no warning - trouble logging in - have lost all my files and pictures -got new password code - still lost everything - system very slow now- frustrated!!!

:)

Char5901#, Oct 5, 2019

2. Lost files, pictures, and download folders after installing KB3124262 update on Windows 10

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for responding.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the files and folders lost after installing the latest update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Where exactly are you looking for the files, pictures and documents?
    • Have you tried to look for the files in Safe mode and check if the files are present?
    • Have you tried to look for the files in Windows.old folder?

Try to log-in to the same user profile that installed the latest updates to follow the below.

I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the files, pictures and documents are present.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

You may also refer to: Find
    lost files after the update to Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Oct 1 update - lost all my files, pictures - was not warned - log in issues

Automatic update deleted my documents and my pictures Oct 1 update - lost all my files, pictures - was not warned - log in issues :(

Hi Ian,

We appreciate your earnest effort to get the issue resolved. We understand that the troubleshooting steps provided by the forum moderator did not
    allow you to successfully retrieve your old files back. To get you sorted, kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you log in to your OneDrive account?
    • Have you tried looking for the old files in OneDrive?

Since you have mentioned that you've lost those pictures or files after installing some updates. We recommend that you check the article below for steps in recovering your lost or deleted files.

Find lost files after the update to Windows 10

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Vanessa Oca, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Oct 1 update - lost all my files, pictures - was not warned - log in issues

1. Oct 1 update - lost all my files, pictures - was not warned - log in issues - Similar Threads - Oct update lost

2. Warning Kernel-EventTracing 1 Logging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Warning Kernel-EventTracing 1 Logging: I am playing a game Apex Legends and at first i was having in my Event log erros and warnings, so i gave those files administration privileges and the errors stop but i'm still getting warnings like this:Warning 2/17/2022 1:23:51 AM Kernel-EventTracing 1 LoggingThe...
  3. Warning Kernel-EventTracing 1 Logging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Warning Kernel-EventTracing 1 Logging: I am playing a game Apex Legends and at first i was having in my Event log erros and warnings, so i gave those files administration privileges and the errors stop but i'm still getting warnings like this:Warning 2/17/2022 1:23:51 AM Kernel-EventTracing 1 LoggingThe...
  4. Warning Kernel-EventTracing 1 Logging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost all files after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost all files after update: Hello, My computer recently did an update and now all my files are not there. My apps are still on the pc but they all need reinstalled. Also, when I look into the users folder there are only two files: TEMP &Public. And my profile isn't there. Even my wallpaper was...
  6. Lost Files; pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Files; pictures: I moved all my pictures into one folder the way someone on here suggested & now I can't find any of them. I also have green dotted line across the top of my screen HELP...
  7. Unwanted update Lost all files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unwanted update Lost all files: Good Afternoon Automatic update on my computer which has completely lost all my files Assistance required Best Regards Kathryn Haworth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-update-lost-all-files/34cb6c10-af50-4fc8-8255-28b189b4626b"
  8. Lost all pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost all pictures: I downloaded my pictures from my phone to my computer and down the folder shows the display picture and tells me the different sizes in each folder. BUT when I open the folder it says it's empty. Any ideas? Thank you. I run windows 10,...
  9. Lost Mail after Oct. update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Mail after Oct. update.: Has anyone else lost Windows mail after the Oct. upgrade? When I click on mail icon in taskbar it advises nothing has arrived yet. There were over 60 in it before the upgrade and it does not load any new ones either. Any time the automatic updates arrive, some problem...
  10. contents of my Document, Music & Pictures lost after latest windows update on 2nd Oct.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    contents of my Document, Music & Pictures lost after latest windows update on 2nd Oct.: contents of my Document, Music & Pictures lost after latest windows update on 2nd Oct. The new document is now pointing to my OneDrive folder instead. All my documents not there. How can I retrieve?...