Windows 10: Oct 14th update crashed my computer.

Discus and support Oct 14th update crashed my computer. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As of right now, waking up this morning to an update that seemed to crash my computer. I have alot of music on there and productiin software i dont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OliviaHelmig, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Oct 14th update crashed my computer.

As of right now, waking up this morning to an update that seemed to crash my computer. I have alot of music on there and productiin software i dont even have the disc for anymore, and as of this morning am now resetting it hopefully fixes it but please tell me i havent lost everything. Is the there anything to do for this.

:)

OliviaHelmig, Oct 14, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

4. Oct 14th update crashed my computer.

14th June updates have killed Edge

Snap the same thing with my brothers computer, did the updates on the 14th now Edge crashes, he has had to go back to Internet Explorer.

So any help would be appreciated

GeorgeDuthie, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Oct 14th update crashed my computer.

1. Oct 14th update crashed my computer. - Similar Threads - Oct 14th update

2. July 14th update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    July 14th update: Both My desktop and my laptop computers stopped working after the july 14th update. Same build on both Windows 10 machines . Both boot to the login screen. After i login i get an error that says a file is missing. Then a black screen. Can not do anything but force it to shut...
  3. Cumulative updates - July 14th 2020

Cumulative updates - July 14th 2020: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on July 14th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. Windows 10 2004 -KB4565503 Build 19041.388 Windows 10 1903 and 1909 - KB4565483, Build 18362.959 and 18363.959 Windows 10 1809- KB4558998, OS build...
  4. Update crashed my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update crashed my computer: I am really upset right now. My computer automatically updated the Microsoft 10. Needless to say it corrupted my computer with a blue screen. I searched for 2 days attempting to figure it out and ended up having to back up my computer. Which took 27 hours to do. Then I had to...
  5. The April 14th "update" crashed my desktop. Thanks a lot.

The April 14th "update" crashed my desktop. Thanks a lot.: This update crashed my desktop with hundreds of important work documents and training ppts. I tried to re-boot 10 times. Got a black screen with a message that was intended for an IT expert. As such I had to send it in to get a new hard-drive. Cha Ching. Thanks a lot. Cold...
  6. Update crashed my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update crashed my computer: My computer did an automatic Windows update and now it is crashed. I tried rolling back the update, but it didn't work, my computer was unable to perform the requested service. sfc/scannow didn't work because suddenly critical drivers were missing, it only made it through 21%...
  7. After the Oct 2018 update, my computer won't boot up

After the Oct 2018 update, my computer won't boot up: My computer automatically installed the new windows update on Oct 13. I downloaded a new program monosnap on Oct 14 and now my computer won't boot up completely. It spins like it's working on booting up. I took out the battery and tried to boot up again. Then I got an error...
  8. Oct update

Oct update: Since Oct update adobe flash player in chrome does not work , can work around sometimes but online poker sites now keep saying update flash player even tho it is integrated in chrome, any advice?...
  9. Oct update

Oct update: Since Oct update adobe flash player in chrome does not work , can work around sometimes but online poker sites now keep saying update flash player even tho it is integrated in chrome, any advice?...
  10. Update crashed my computer....

Update crashed my computer....: I have an ASUS Rog gaming computer that won't exit BIOS after an auto Microsoft update last night. This is a 1400 computer that I'm still paying on and I'm livid at this point. How in the world can a company get away with this nonsense??? I have tried changing everything...