Windows 10: October 12th Fall Creator's update f'd my pc and it's clone. 20 years lost!

Discus and support October 12th Fall Creator's update f'd my pc and it's clone. 20 years lost! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After hearing about the Fall update destroying files on people's computers I tried to avoid the update. I did a complete mirrored update the same night... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CompTNT Computer, Oct 12, 2018.

1. October 12th Fall Creator's update f'd my pc and it's clone. 20 years lost!

After hearing about the Fall update destroying files on people's computers I tried to avoid the update. I did a complete mirrored update the same night that I delayed the update but when my PC was shut down for the night the update forced itself upon shut down. The next day my PC would not work, so I went to the clone disk. Amazing, Microsoft somehow succeeded in destroying that drive too!

Microsoft are the most incompetent programming company in the world.

I literally spend 1 to two hours a day repairing windows 10 problems and have for the last year or so. WTF!

:)

CompTNT Computer, Oct 12, 2018
  2. OSdevr Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Shiva1 Win User

October 12th Fall Creator's update f'd my pc and it's clone. 20 years lost!

Unable to install Windows Fall Creators Update

Thanks, will try those suggestions

other security updates run normally, I jsut have a long list of the fall creator updates not installing

Shiva1, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

October 12th Fall Creator's update f'd my pc and it's clone. 20 years lost!

1. October 12th Fall Creator's update f'd my pc and it's clone. 20 years lost! - Similar Threads - October 12th Fall

2. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  3. Sandboxie and Fall Creators Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie and Fall Creators Update: I don't know how many Sandboxie users we have here but there's got to be a few. If you are, and have upgraded W10 to FCU, you should install beta 5.21.6. It was released today. Sandboxie doesn't officially support FCU yet, but based on my personal case use, the beta is...
  4. lost sticky notes with Fall Creator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost sticky notes with Fall Creator: Although my Windows 10 Fall Creator update went well, it lost my existing Sticky Notes. How can I get back my Sticky Notes prior to the update? Thanks in advance to all who reply. Dan 101314
  5. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  6. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  7. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  8. Fall creators update: PC doesn't restart

Fall creators update: PC doesn't restart: ...and a dialog box pops up saying "Windows 10 installation has failed". Upgrading via the MCT on a 1703 PC. 95860
  9. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update coming October 17th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update coming October 17th 2017: UPDATE 10/17: How to get the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Windows 10 Forums The next update of Windows 10, the Fall Creators Update, will be available worldwide October 17. With the Fall Creators Update we are introducing some fun, new ways to get creative. As...
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....