Windows 10: October 2020 Windows 10 update problems

Discus and support October 2020 Windows 10 update problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, After the Windows 10 update in early October 2020, I've experienced a couple of problems with my Lenovo laptop. Firstly, I inserted a CD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bluelion7, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Bluelion7 Win User

October 2020 Windows 10 update problems

Hello all,

After the Windows 10 update in early October 2020, I've experienced a couple of problems with my Lenovo laptop.

Firstly, I inserted a CD into my laptop, expecting it to autoplay on VLC media player as it normally would, but no luck. I went to the Windows CD settings and into "Play CDs or other media automatically" in the Control Panel. I enabled AutoPlay for all media and devices, but still the CD would not play, even when I took it out and put it back in. I know it is not a problem with the CD as it has played for me before with no issues.

Secondly, the Sleep mode on my laptop seems to no longer exist. There are only options for Shut Down and Restart. This is bizarre and I miss Sleep mode, because it was very handy.

I could roll back the date on my system to an earlier stage, but this wouldn't be ideal and I'd rather fix the issues another way. I would appreciate any suggestions or solutions greatly.

Thank you

:)

Bluelion7, Oct 4, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Windows October 2018 update problems

Hello.

The Windows 10 October Update has a lot of problems with lost files. So much so that Microsoft took it off the installation media list and has pulled it from updates in general for now.

If you can, I suggest reverting the update entirely.

What apps were lost? You may find them in windows.old.

For settings, you will have to reset them yourself (unless you have a restore point)

Zackary Vanosdol, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

1. October 2020 Windows 10 update problems - Similar Threads - October 2020 update

2. Windows 10's October 2020 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10's October 2020 Update: has anyone else seen issues with the Windows 10's October 2020 Update blocking internet access? I have been trying, at regular intervals, to get this update installed on my Windows 10 PC. But, everytime I try, it results in cblocking internet access. Then , when I roll back...
  3. 20H2 // Windows 10 October 2020 Update // Monitor Problem

20H2 // Windows 10 October 2020 Update // Monitor Problem: Hello! I am in need of some help...after installing the latest W10 update, 20H2, my second display stopped working. I run dual NVidia GEForce GTX 970s, both worked just fine before installing 20H2. I have updated both drivers through Device Manager and the NVidia desktop...
  4. Windows 10 October 2020 update

Windows 10 October 2020 update: Hey there ! Is windows 10 october update officially available? Where can I download the iso file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2020-update/e3fa5a2a-1191-459d-9184-1cf8d421f835
  5. Windows Update October 2020

Windows Update October 2020: After I downloaded the update , I restarted my laptop and when I went to settings again it shows that attention needed and after going to update and security it just shows please wait and shows nothing The screen shot of the following is provided below :-[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 October 2020 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 October 2020 Update: I have heard that Microsoft has released an October a.k.a 20H2 Update. I have checked for updates many times in Settings. But, it is showing that Windows is up to date. Please help... My latest build no. is 19041.572. So, is the update already installed ?...
  7. Problem with windows 10 October 2020 update.

Problem with windows 10 October 2020 update.: Hello. I've noticed that recent changes in windows update have caused background blur error in start menu . Here's the video : https://1drv.ms/u/s!At7YZW_BldY6lmQ_eq1SiNKVg60j?e=Q5nj71 You can notice that video in the background appears for a second and then blurs....
  8. Windows October 2020 Update

Windows October 2020 Update: Running this updated deleted files on my D drive. How can I get them back!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-october-2020-update/08ad7556-4456-4735-9c13-ae31942e24fd
  9. Windows 10 October 2020 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 October 2020 update: Hi Theres rumors saying that Microsoft could release the October 2020 update in the next few days. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2020-update/021a779d-9d81-4cde-8170-d4ed6b1d9337
  10. Cumulative updates - October 2020

Cumulative updates - October 2020: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on October 13th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. Windows 10 version 2004 - KB4579311 Build 19041.572 Windows 10 versions 1903 and 1909 - KB4574727, Build 18362.1139 and 18363.1139 Windows 10 versions...