Windows 10: October 23 Win10 Update

Discus and support October 23 Win10 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is a post to MS after this download I found that my laptop had apparently failed there was no display of my desktop and clicking the Win10 icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SimonDSF, Oct 25, 2018.

1. SimonDSF Win User

October 23 Win10 Update

This is a post to MS after this download I found that my laptop had apparently failed there was no display of my desktop and clicking the Win10 icon (btm lft) only showed a black screen with no apparent display. It took a while for me to use my cursor and find that the icons I had set up were still in existence but had become large. As a result I reset the all icons to small, however I now faced the problem of not being able to see the desktop which was hidden by the massive icon display.

Several hours after this I was able to find that the Notification icon (btm rght) had somehow become set to Tablet mode. This was the solution and changing this by clicking the Tablet icon displayed my desktop again.

So this particular schmucks problem has now been solved, sorry to have wasted you MS pro's time yesterday and I feel like a true jack-ass after this certainly this is the first time that I have had any problem with an update and no doubt I'll have some difficulties in the future,again apologies to all at MS and thank you your forbearance.

:)

SimonDSF, Oct 25, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Y_K_G Win User
    Win10 October Update

Hi, İ ll setup Win10 October update from iso

For the drivers:

- Chipset

- SATA

- Realtek

- İntel Graphic

- Bluetooth

- Wifi

etc. drivers should I get from Manufacturers-WebPage or should I keep the original Win10 october drivers ??

Thank you...

Y_K_G, Oct 25, 2018
  4. 96Mystic Win User

October 23 Win10 Update

Unable to install Win10 updates, Error 0x800700c1 (Adobe Flash and Win10 v1709)

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

I had tried all of the suggestions in the list on this page before with no joy, but I had not tried a repair install of Windows ("tip #5" from the link above). Went through those steps, and I now have Win10 1803 on my machine. Hopefully, subsequent updates
    will go smoothly.

Thank you for the help!

96Mystic, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

October 23 Win10 Update

1. October 23 Win10 Update - Similar Threads - October Win10 Update

2. Re: the most recent update of Win10 (October?) winver 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Re: the most recent update of Win10 (October?) winver 1809: winver 1809 - When I wake up/ start my laptop it goes to a generic Windows user. I then have to ctrl+alt+delete and switch user, to get to the page that used to be open whenever I opened my laptop. This is most annoying, more so before I figured out how to get to my user...
  3. October win10 update has killed USB ports??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October win10 update has killed USB ports??: Forced into updating Win10 today, now USB ports don't work. Alienware (dell) 13 r1, but see other models have the same problem. Works fine in BIOS and in linux, but keyboard lights and mouse light extinguish as soon as Win10 starts and no USB devices are detected or...
  4. Watch Android Dev Summit 2019 on October 23-24

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Android Dev Summit 2019 on October 23-24: Android Dev Summit 2019 October 23-24. Two days of technical content, directly from the Android team. Your front row seat to over 25 Android sessions, together with your opportunity to have #AskAndroid questions that you submit on Twitter get answered live on the air! Sign...
  5. Lonely Mountains: Downhill releases October 23 on Xbox One

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lonely Mountains: Downhill releases October 23 on Xbox One: t0T-m5F-Q84 Hello everyone! We are Megagon Industries, a 3-person team from Berlin, and today we’re happy to present Xbox One players with our new launch trailer and the October 23 release date for Lonely Mountains: Downhill. Better yet, it’s also coming to Xbox Game Pass...
  6. October Update

October Update: Is the October Update still being distributed? My wife still did not get it and our library Win 10 computer also has not gotten it. I know there were delays, but this seems very late. I actually got my October Update on Dec. 11 which I believe was too early because I am...
  7. Win10 October update - good or busted?

Win10 October update - good or busted?: The October update is now available again on the official site. Have they fixed the reported issues because of which it was suspended - or it's made available again by mistake? I've updated from 1803 yesterday and some important applications stopped working :-( -- pa...
  8. Win10 October update - good or boosted?

Win10 October update - good or boosted?: The October update is now available again on the official site. Have they fixed the reported issues because of which it was suspended - or it's made available again by mistake? I've updated from 1803 yesterday and some important applications stopped working :-( -- pa...
  9. Next Week on Xbox: New Games for October 23 - 26

in Windows 10 News
    Next Week on Xbox: New Games for October 23 - 26: Welcome to Next Week on Xbox, where we cover all the new games coming soon to Xbox One! Every week the team at Xbox aims to deliver quality gaming content for you to enjoy on your favorite gaming console. To find out what’s coming soon to Xbox One, read on below and click on...
  10. Win10 October Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 October Update: Hi, İ ll setup Win10 October update from iso For the drivers: - Chipset - SATA - Realtek - İntel Graphic - Bluetooth - Wifi etc. drivers should I get from Manufacturers-WebPage or should I keep the original Win10 october drivers ?? Thank you......