Windows 10: October so late April so soon

Discus and support October so late April so soon in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am now seeing articles advising how to prepare for the April update yet up to now (nearly March) I have still not received the October update --- so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by clayto, Feb 22, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

October so late April so soon

I am now seeing articles advising how to prepare for the April update yet up to now (nearly March) I have still not received the October update --- so I have a couple of questions. First, if it happens that April arrives before October what might the effect of this be? Will it create problems? Will both major updates be installed together --- that looks likely to be a nightmare.

Second, I think I have seen references to an 'update help utility' that scans the machine to report if there is hardware and / or software which could create updating difficulties, perhaps allowing for pre-emptive action. If this is so what / where is it? Many 'small storage' Tablet PCs like mine used to have difficulties, although I have always managed to install feature updates without too much trouble, it has got easier with time. I want to be as prepared as I can.

:)

clayto, Feb 22, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Any new AMD's coming out?

Some of the very early roadmaps from AMD suggested this time around there should have been a Phenom 9700 (2.40 GHz) but clearly, AMD seems to be busy rolling out the bug-free B3 stepping chips, for quad-core it has to be Phenom 9x50. So we'll be seeing 9550, 9650 and hopefully 9750 soon. Soon = late March/April. The Phenom X3 (Toliman core) lineup is on its way though.

btarunr, Feb 22, 2019
  3. How do I get the Windows 8.1 start screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click Start icon and click Settings

• Choose Personalization, click on Start

• Turn on “Use start full screen”

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Feb 22, 2019
  4. October so late April so soon

Windows 10 restarts while hibernated

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run "Power" troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Power"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

October so late April so soon

1. October so late April so soon - Similar Threads - October late April

2. So I had this pc since October 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I had this pc since October 2023: Its always been on windows 11 with no issues , i woke up this morning and the ethernet isnt working anymore and when i connect to the internet , it says no internet secured but the internet is working fine on every other device and when I use my hotspot for my pc it works but...
  3. So I had this pc since October 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I had this pc since October 2023: Its always been on windows 11 with no issues , i woke up this morning and the ethernet isnt working anymore and when i connect to the internet , it says no internet secured but the internet is working fine on every other device and when I use my hotspot for my pc it works but...
  4. Why my windows 10 laptop alarm ringing SO SO SO LATE????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my windows 10 laptop alarm ringing SO SO SO LATE????: So here's the thing.... I set up my alarm to 6:45. And somehow it rings at 12.36 and it didn't ring at all before i knew it because i woke up by my phone alarm at 06.30. I didn't turn off my laptop nor i mute my laptop volume. This happens almost every single day. It only...
  5. Why my windows 10 laptop alarm ringing SO SO SO LATE????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my windows 10 laptop alarm ringing SO SO SO LATE????: So here's the thing.... I set up my alarm to 6:45. And somehow it rings at 12.36 and it didn't ring at all before i knew it because i woke up by my phone alarm at 06.30. I didn't turn off my laptop nor i mute my laptop volume. This happens almost every single day. It only...
  6. Why my windows 10 laptop alarm ringing SO SO SO LATE????

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. So... Lately I have had 2 incredibly annoying problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    So... Lately I have had 2 incredibly annoying problems: One of them is when I right-click on the desktop screen, my computer crashes and reloads... But then the taskbar becomes broken. When this happens, apps on taskbars don't show, I cant search, click on wifi or tablet mode, and even the windows key does not work. My second...
  8. Why is the April 10 win update so bad?

Why is the April 10 win update so bad?: Why are all programs consuming ram so high? The April update is terrible. Upgrading ram will solve this problem But... Microsoft is learning Apple, forcing users to follow the ecosystem? [ATTACH]...
  9. After update it runs so so so slow

After update it runs so so so slow: Hi there, I have this laptop for 4 years now. It is an ACER Aspire E15 and I can just write what it is written on it as I do not really understand ”computers” :)) IntelCore i5-5200U Intel HD Graphics 5500 6 GB DDR3 L Memory 1000GB HDD When I bought it I just googled...
  10. So Called October Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    So Called October Upgrade: My HP Pavilion desktop and Pavilion Laptop have not received the latest feature upgrade from Microsoft. Three other computers that I am involved with have been successfully upgraded. I keep initiating " Check for Upgrades" but no joy as regards this latest upgrade. Is there...